Three Titans players have COVID

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Who here is actually saying the season will end? It's all jokes. 

Did you even bother reading the thread? 

Hundredes of people were saying on this forum for months that there was no way a season would happen.... derp. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Active infection or the antibodies, it would be nice if they were particular about which one it is.

I'm not going to take this anywhere else except to make a vague blanket statement - which I think is is OK (?) - but I just got an Orange Alert on my phone that there is a COVID spike "in my area", please practice social distancing and wear a mask. I haven't STOPPED doing that, but it's not only just a Tuesday. I'm going to leave it there for people to figure out what else today is, and it honestly has nothing to do with what side of the fence you're on.

I am 100% behind the Science, but if this pandemic has taught me anything other than just using common sense and being respectful and mindful towards the health of others, a lot of cherry-picking and disingenuous pandering bullsh*t goes on, let's just call a spade a spade. 

Yes, I had COVID-19, still not going to hide in my basement and I will still continue to do what I should do, nothing more, nothing less; which is to practice safety towards others to the best of my ability. However, I am not wearing a mask in the woods, which is where I go to get away from all of the vestiges that are associated with it, and if I get one more dirty look the gloves are coming off. I won't be strong-armed into giving up my rights as a private citizen when I'm not doing anything wrong or endangering anyone under the LAW. YOU stay home.

My head rests comfortably on the pillow knowing that my antibody rich blood that I donated because I'm a nice guy could potentially save some jackass's life, who, on any other day, I would probably just punch in the face. As you were.

I think today is national coffee day. I think you had enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think today is national coffee day. I think you had enough. 

I see somebody downvoted me. Typical. I hope they get my blood if they need it. If anyone with antibodies is interested in helping:

LabCorp Logo
Your Plasma Can Help Us All Fight Back
The new coronavirus continues to spread, and COVID-19 cases continue to rise. But there is good news: the growing number of survivors have a special power that can help us fight the pandemic.  
People who have recovered from COVID-19 have antibodies in their blood plasma. These antibodies helped you fight off COVID-19, and they could help others fight it off too. The best window to donate your antibodies is between 6-8 weeks after symptoms are gone. Donating does not affect your own immunity as the body will continue to produce antibodies and you could be helping a member of your local community by donating.  
A new campaign called The Fight Is In Us is encouraging everyone who has survived COVID-19 to donate their plasma. This donated plasma will be directly transfused into patients or used to make a potential medicine. You are able to pass your fight to others and help defeat the virus.  
If you have survived COVID-19, please visit the campaign website to learn more. The website can help check if you might be eligible to donate and connect you directly to plasma donation centers close to you. It also contains information and resources that can help you show your support and get involved. Uber Health is even providing free UberX and XL rides to and from designated plasma donation centers! 

The more plasma we collect, the more lives saved. Please help spread the word and donate! 

While I'm at it, please become an organ donor on your license it's very easy to do and it only takes a minute. You never know what day is going to be your last. Organ donation saves lives. One of my closest friends is a double lung transplant recipient and she's still going strong 20 years later. 

I just want to say that I hope everyone realizes that you can't talk about COVID-19 and not how have it somehow connected to CURRENT EVENTS. Please note I didn't say which way I lean or even if I lean it all so you have no idea what you're agreeing or disagreeing with. You could very possibly be kicking yourself in your own ass, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

People are joking about the season ending in this thread. You seem to be confusing this thread with other threads. 

Im not confusing anything.

Some people are joking yes, some people aren't. 

Joking aside, my point was more that there are actually people that believe the season will still get canceled. It's just not happening. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Bullsh*t— guarantee it’s one of those fake positive tests

The reliability of Covid tests have proven to be less than accurate

There are plenty of those fake positives.  The only test I cared about is when I tested negative.  I don't even care if it was a false negative.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So guys it doesn’t matter if you believe in COVID, the point is that if enough players test positive for COVID, the league is going to have to cancel games and we have to hope there’s a contingency in place for it. MLB seems to have gotten through it, so let’s see what happens.

Also, more concerning than the three players is the five staffers, who are likely not as young and ripped as the players. The nail in the coffin moment will be a 65 year-old DB coach ending up in the ICU and Roger having to explain why that’s not a thing.

That's easy the 65 year old DB coach doesn't doesn't pull in fans or sell merchandise , Roger would consider him collateral damage . Players start dropping then that starts hitting the NFL in the pockets and things change pronto. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

That's easy the 65 year old DB coach doesn't doesn't pull in fans or sell merchandise , Roger would consider him collateral damage . Players start dropping then that starts hitting the NFL in the pockets and things change pronto. 

The 65 year old DB coach is a public relations mess that Roger will turn into a worse mess 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So guys it doesn’t matter if you believe in COVID, the point is that if enough players test positive for COVID, the league is going to have to cancel games and we have to hope there’s a contingency in place for it. MLB seems to have gotten through it, so let’s see what happens.

Also, more concerning than the three players is the five staffers, who are likely not as young and ripped as the players. The nail in the coffin moment will be a 65 year-old DB coach ending up in the ICU and Roger having to explain why that’s not a thing.

Anyone who believes Covid is fake is foolish.  But this isn’t March we know a sh*t ton about this thing.  Anyone who believes Covid should make you fear living life is also foolish.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Active infection or the antibodies, it would be nice if they were particular about which one it is.

I'm not going to take this anywhere else except to make a vague blanket statement - which I think is is OK (?) - but I just got an Orange Alert on my phone that there is a COVID spike "in my area", please practice social distancing and wear a mask. I haven't STOPPED doing that, but it's not only just a Tuesday. I'm going to leave it there for people to figure out what else today is, and it honestly has nothing to do with what side of the fence you're on.

I am 100% behind the Science, but if this pandemic has taught me anything other than just using common sense and being respectful and mindful towards the health of others, a lot of cherry-picking and disingenuous pandering bullsh*t goes on, let's just call a spade a spade. 

Yes, I had COVID-19, still not going to hide in my basement and I will still continue to do what I should do, nothing more, nothing less; which is to practice safety towards others to the best of my ability. However, I am not wearing a mask in the woods, which is where I go to get away from all of the vestiges that are associated with it, and if I get one more dirty look the gloves are coming off. I won't be strong-armed into giving up my rights as a private citizen when I'm not doing anything wrong or endangering anyone under the LAW. YOU stay home.

My head rests comfortably on the pillow knowing that my antibody rich blood that I donated because I'm a nice guy could potentially save some jackass's life, who, on any other day, I would probably just punch in the face. As you were.

No politics please. Only the US can turn a disease into a political attack on freedom. We are so divided, but we dont need any of this here. Keep your opinions to yourself and talk Jets football.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Also the real big test for the NFL will be when a team has positive tests, and they were scheduled for Sunday Night, or Monday Night football, and to a much lesser extent Thursday night game.

Right. It’s the logistical aspect now. Positives were inevitable, but it’ll be the response that’s interesting, imo. Will we get games where teams take the field with ~30 active players? Will there be stars with guaranteed money in the bank who come down with the neverending hamstring issue? Some big tests coming up for Rog and Kraft.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What about fantasy football?

I'm a fantasy commissioner.  Any other in here who can share their fantasy strategies for teams hit with covid problems? 

Commissioners only, please.

SAR I

We voted.  If the season gets canceled any time prior to the completion of week 16 EVERYONE gets their money back.  Postponed games during a week and you have players your sh*t out of luck, rational reason being we assume they will make it up another week so you will still get 16 games.

After typing this I may have to hold a vote on what to do should teams not make up these games if they are canceled.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Why wouldn’t it finish?  There is like a .003% chance this thing actually harms you seriously.  Players had a chance to opt out.

It was a Goodell/Pats cheating joke.

Spare me the facebook facts and rhetoric. I don’t come to JN for that sheeeeee-yit.

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No politics please. Only the US can turn a disease into a political attack on freedom. We are so divided, but we dont need any of this here. Keep your opinions to yourself and talk Jets football.

Keep my opinions to myself, it's a message board. So the next time an NFL player gets arrested we shouldn't talk about it even in vague non-directional yet relevant terms because it has nothing to do with football. 

I understand COVID is a loaded subject and I even said I'm not taking it anywhere else and I didn't and I'm not, but the reactions I've gotten is not at all surpsising. Facts are not opinions and opinions are not facts, but sure, whatever, donating blood bad, do the Titans players have active infection or antibodies, who knows, GO JETS.

I'm not picking a fight, I refuse to, and I won't say anything else about it, which is actually far less bothersome and less of a hassle for me. Always remember, it's all about me

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

We voted.  If the season gets canceled any time prior to the completion of week 16 EVERYONE gets their money back.  Postponed games during a week and you have players your sh*t out of luck, rational reason being we assume they will make it up another week so you will still get 16 games.

After typing this I may have to hold a vote on what to do should teams not make up these games if they are canceled.

Are you a commissioner or just a player?

SAR I

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What about fantasy football?

I'm a fantasy commissioner.  Any in here who can share their fantasy strategies for teams hit with covid problems? 

Commissioners only, please.

SAR I

My league voted on it before the season.

We have a weekly winner prize ($20 to the team with the highest score of the week).  First, second, and third place prizes will be paid out only if those games are played.  Players missing games due to Covid are treated as any other injured player (luck of the draw, plan accordingly and have good depth on your roster).

If the season is cut short, any money not paid out with be split evenly.  Team has the choice for a refund or apply a credit for next season.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Keep my opinions to myself, it's a message board. So the next time an NFL player gets arrested we shouldn't talk about it even in vague non-directional yet relevant terms because it has nothing to do with football. 

I understand COVID is a loaded subject and I even said I'm not taking it anywhere else and I didn't and I'm not, but the reactions I've gotten is not at all surpsising. Facts are not opinions and opinions are not facts, but sure, whatever, donating blood bad, do the Titans players have active infection or antibodies, who knows, GO JETS.

I'm not picking a fight, I refuse to, and I won't say anything else about it, which is actually far less bothersome and less of a hassle for me. Always remember, it's all about me

https://forums.jetnation.com/clubs/

• Upvote 1