The other thing that sucks about this season...

TuscanyTile2

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

...is how well Seattle is playing.  That pick we got from them is probably going to be between like 29-32.

I don't root for injuries often....

....But I sure would like to see Tom Brady get his leg snapped.

Sorry, couldn't wish that on Wilson.  He's a bit of a doofus but doesn't seem like a bad guy, and it's enjoyable seeing him play out of his mind.  He deserves an MVP after never garnering a single MVP vote in his career.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry, couldn't wish that on Wilson.  He's a bit of a doofus but doesn't seem like a bad guy, and it's enjoyable seeing him play out of his mind.  He deserves an MVP after never garnering a single MVP vote in his career.

Is this true?!?!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is this true?!?!

Indeed.  Amazing, right?  He's won a Super Bowl and carried that franchise for so long, even when the roster around him has mostly been sh*t.  

It's probably a function of the Seahawks being run-first for a long time.  But that hasn't been the case for the last couple seasons, and especially not this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russell-wilson-mvp-buzz-2020-outlook-and-why-hes-gotten-zero-votes-in-his-first-eight-seasons/

Russell Wilson MVP buzz: 2020 outlook and why he's gotten zero votes in his first eight seasons

Wilson has been one of the best players in the league for years, but has never gotten any MVP recognition

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:32 am ET2 min read

Russell Wilson has been in the NFL for eight seasons, and he's accomplished a lot during his time in the league. 

He's made six Pro Bowls. He's never finished a season worse than 9-7, and he's reached double-digit wins in seven of eight campaigns. He's won at least one playoff game in six of his seven trips to the postseason. He's led the NFL in passer rating and in passing touchdowns and in fourth-quarter comebacks and in game-winning drives and he's made an All-Pro team. 

By any conceivable measure, he has been one of the small handful of most valuable players in the league since stepping on the field, and by one measure (Pro-Football-Reference's Approximate Value), he has been the single most valuable player league-wide during that time. And yet, in eight seasons, Wilson has received exactly zero Most Valuable Player votes. 

Despite that lack of recognition, Wilson is widely considered one of the favorites in the 2020 MVP race. William Hill Sports Book lists Wilson's odds at 8-1, placing him behind only 2018 MVP Patrick Mahomes (3.5-1) and 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson (6-1). That trio is joined in the top five by Deshaun Watson (14-1) and Dak Prescott (15-1). 

On Friday's episode of the Pick Six Podcast (listen below and subscribe here for daily NFL goodness), Will Brinson is joined by Joe Fann of NBC Sports Northwest to discuss all things Seahawks, including Wilson's MVP candidacy, whether or not Jadeveon Clowney will return to Seattle, and more. 

"I think if I'm starting a franchise, I think Pat Mahomes goes one and I think Russell Wilson, even at age 31 now, goes two," Fann said. "He's certainly top five. You can't honestly tell yourself that he's a gimmicky quarterback at this point or that he's just a scheme quarterback or whatever. We're eight years in."

Brinson and Fann also discuss Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's run-heavy offense, the "Let Russ Cook" movement among Seahawks fandom and whether Wilson himself would prefer the offense become more open and pass-oriented, and what Wilson might look like in a scheme coached by Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan, or some of the other most creative offensive minds in football. 

"The Seahawks don't have the luxury of being one of the most conservative teams in football," Fann said. "Their defense didn't earn it last year: 23rd in DVOA, towards the bottom in scoring, yards, all of it. Second worst in the NFL in sacks. And yet game in and game out you see Pete Carroll rely on his defense like they've earned that trust, and they just haven't. 

"And so when you punt on 50-yard line on 4th-and-inches, kick a field goal on fourth-and-1 on the 25 yard line ... that's what brings in the eye rolls and the groans, and deservedly so given who you have at quarterback, the limited prime that he has -- who knows how long he'll go, but it is finite."

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

...is how well Seattle is playing.  That pick we got from them is probably going to be between like 29-32.

To be honest I am OK with that. If you look at previous drafts those picks have extra value especially for someone to come up and get a QB with a 5 year contract. We could win up with a third 1st round pick in 2022 as well as a high 2nd just to move down 4 or 5 spots.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Almost enough to go full nico. Oh wait, I'm an adult.  

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, if I were watching this team 15 years ago, I'd be in the Nico boat, myself. 

It hurts when your naive expectations don't work out. 

The sad thing is Nico was, supposedly, an adult as well.  His obsession with Sam Darnold, his lashing out with childish insults at those that didn't praise him, and inability to bear seeing him take deserved criticism.....all of that was both creepy and pathetic.  

I mean, what are you, a middle school girl defending your boyfriend?  Time to grow up!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The sad thing is Nico was, supposedly, an adult as well.  His obsession with Sam Darnold, his lashing out with childish insults at those that didn't praise him, and inability to bear seeing him take deserved criticism, was both creepy and pathetic.  

Like, what are you, a middle school girl defending your boyfriend?  Time to grow up!

Well, if you take out the times Ike beat Tina as outliers, he was a very good boyfriend.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The thing that sucks about this year so far is we have no earthly clue about any of douglas's picks except the 1st one

That's one of the biggest reasons to keep watching these "games"

Really looking forward to seeing Mims, Zuniga, Clark, etc. all get on the field. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

To be honest I am OK with that. If you look at previous drafts those picks have extra value especially for someone to come up and get a QB with a 5 year contract. We could win up with a third 1st round pick in 2022 as well as a high 2nd just to move down 4 or 5 spots.

Those late 1st round picks are still good because of the lower salary and still having the 5th year option. I’d prefer if we ended up around pick 20 but we’ll have to see what happens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I still say if I have to pick between Wilson, Rodgers and Mahomes, it's Mahomes so he is the MVP.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When we traded John Abraham in 2006, the 3 way trade yielded us the 30th? overall pick. Do you know who that pick was?

NICK MANGOLD a likely hall of famer. If Kevin Mawae gets in? You can guarantee yourself Nick gets in. So stop crying. Sometimes great picks come at the end of the 1st round.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry, couldn't wish that on Wilson. 

So wish something nice on Wilson. For instance: "I wish RW retired from football this week to become a literacy teacher". See, that was easy. Not only do the Jets get a better pick children learn how to read and write, as well as RW finding a deeper meaning in life. I think that would also help to qualify you as a good person for wishing such. It a no lose wish all around.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

When we traded John Abraham in 2006, the 3 way trade yielded us the 30th? overall pick. Do you know who that pick was?

NICK MANGOLD a likely hall of famer. If Kevin Mawae gets in? You can guarantee yourself Nick gets in. So stop crying. Sometimes great picks come at the end of the 1st round.

29th pick. 

Rest was dead on

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Pete Carroll ran the ball, RW would likely have 2 Superbowl titles already and Brady would've had 5.  It's very possible RW gets another one this year, which would've made things very interesting.

And think about it.  Rex and Terry Bradway wanted Russell Wilson in the draft and Woody was like “that’s ok.  I just traded for our next franchise QB Tim Tebow.”