Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Broncos expected to start QB Brett Rypien vs. Jets on Thursday

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

So they have started 8 QBs since 2016?  Big ******* deal.  The Jets have started seven during that span.  Fitzpatrick, Geno, Petty, McCown, Darnold, Siemian and Falk.

We would be 8 also, if we didn't suck more and completely whiffed on that loser bum from Penn State. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, pointman said:

We would be 8 also, if we didn't suck more and completely whiffed on that loser bum from Penn State. 

Right?  You think your QB's suck, Denver?  Ours don't even see the field, they suck that hard.  Take THAT.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Don't worry.  There is a pretty good chance that Flacco starts at some point this year.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

The perfect team to face for your first ever start.

My prediction;

22/34 - 325 yards, 3 TD's, I INT

OMG this is happening;

His dad's first ever start in the NFL; 26/41 303 3 TD's 1 INT

We will be reminded off the similarities of their first career starts no less the 37 times by the broadcast team and the Jets will once again have another long list of embarrassing prime time performances.  

I wouldnt be surprised if this game gave birth to another legendary Jets blunder; the dick pick six.  Sam Darnold hits Chris Herndon in the dick with a pass, it bounces of his dick and gets pick off by a defensive lineman the they stumble their way into the endzone.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

We’re going to win 9-3 and keep Gase longer, aren’t we?

I honestly think a 9-3 embarrassing game on national television will still get Gase fired.  I'm only hoping.  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't worry.  There is a pretty good chance that Flacco starts at some point this year.

Tears Of Joy GIF by memecandy

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If there's anything this franchise sucks at more, its tanking.  15 years chalk full of meaningless wins that push us back several key draft slots.

This type of game transcends Gase.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You are totally underestimating the Jets ability to f*ck up every single necessary thing required of them to get back on the right track.

Guys, it's Sept.  We save those wins for Dec.   

Are you even real fans? 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right?  You think your QB's suck, Denver?  Ours don't even see the field, they suck that hard.  Take THAT.

our starter is such trash that he is supposed to be benched, but they can't put in his backups because it would be criminal. One is older than dirt and physically incapable of playing, and the other is a giant douche canoe that the Giants didn't want any part of. Bring back Brad Smith. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Guys, it's Sept.  We save those wins for Dec.   

Are you even real fans? 

Not always.  In 2018 we lost our final 3 December games, but still missed out on Bosa in the '19 draft because of victories in October.

This franchise has this "sucking at tanking" thing down to a science.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I met Mark Rypien once. Nice guy

But you wouldn't meet Brenda's guy Kevin Mawae ???:eek:

• Haha 1

So what achievement will he have by the end of the game? We are a good team for that. 

The Jets can never get out of their own way.  Bad luck, bad timing, and poor planning seems to follow around crappy teams like a shadow.  The Jets in Jetsy fashion will win this game but win ugly so there will be very little to any positives to hold onto, and in the process, cost themselves the #1 pick.  Yes, this is hyperbolic but you get the gist.

Truth be told, I actually think the Jets have legitimately given up on Gase and will find a way to lose this game.  Either way, it will be another sad day in Jets history.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG this is happening;

His dad's first ever start in the NFL; 26/41 303 3 TD's 1 INT

We will be reminded off the similarities of their first career starts no less the 37 times by the broadcast team and the Jets will once again have another long list of embarrassing prime time performances.  

I wouldnt be surprised if this game gave birth to another legendary Jets blunder; the dick pick six.  Sam Darnold hits Chris Herndon in the dick with a pass, it bounces of his dick and gets pick off by a defensive lineman the they stumble their way into the endzone.

Not to ruin a good narrative, but I think it's his uncle, not his dad.  This guy is small and not a scrambler.  This is probably best case scenario for Gase/Williams.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

My prediction;

"Well, there wasn't any game film on him and we couldn't really game plan for him that much ..."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If there's anything this franchise sucks at more, its tanking.  15 years chalk full of meaningless wins that push us back several key draft slots.

This type of game transcends Gase.

It’s going to happen in December. It’s always like the second or third last game of the season too. And we’ll have the same people chiming in that tanking doesn’t matter and wins are good for culture. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not to ruin a good narrative, but I think it's his uncle, not his dad.  This guy is small and not a scrambler.  This is probably best case scenario for Gase/Williams.

So ... susceptible to the Jets ferocious pass rush?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

My prediction;

who gets the INT?  Darnold?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-expected-to-start-qb-brett-rypien-vs-jets-on-thursday

Broncos expected to start QB Brett Rypien vs. Jets on Thursday

Published: Sep 29, 2020 at 01:55 PM

NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff

nfl.com

Maybe the ninth time is the charm.

The 0-3 Broncos are expected to start Brett Rypien at quarterback in Thursday's game against the Jets, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Rypien replaced Jeff Driskel in the fourth quarter of Denver's Week 3 loss to the Buccaneers. He would be the Broncos' ninth different starting QB since Peyton Manning retired before the 2016 season, tops in the league during that span.

Rypien completed the first eight passes before being intercepted on his final throw in what was his NFL debut this past Sunday. The 2019 undrafted free agent originally signed with Denver last year.

Head coach Vic Fangio said earlier Tuesday that Drew Lock, who sustained a shoulder injury in Week 2, has a chance to return next week versus the Patriots but there's greater hope that he'll be available for Week 6 against the Dolphins.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

Lets see if we make him look like Mark Rypien in the Super Bowl back way when.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I've been starting Fant all year so far. Been doing me well. 

George Fant? Lol

Please have a big game Brett.  I'll put away my hatred of Boise State for a moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Welp the NFL wanted Thursday Night Football, and now they have Thursday Night Football.

Clown league.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

Welp the NFL wanted Thursday Night Football, and now they have Thursday Night Football.

Clown league.

Excellent point.  I hope the final score is 2-0 and every player on the field flips the cameras the bird when its over.

• Upvote 1

Forget about Rypien.  He won't need to throw.  The Jets are going to treat the game like a walk-through. 

Melvin Gordon, and Phillip Lindsay if active, are going to run all over them. 

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

So ... susceptible to the Jets ferocious pass rush?

The Jets are a pretty vanilla team.  They can generally stop a RB based run game and then scheme for the passing game.  This QB will probably suck.  I think in the past the Jets have been susceptible to losing to these sh*tty QBs because of their mobility.  A QB that can run for yards puts a ton of pressure on a D and has killed us in the past.  It's like the third kind of heat on 30 Rock.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I met Mark Rypien once. Nice guy

Was he a good tipper and did he pee on the seat. @T0mShane

Brett Rypien highlight reel coming soon after NY Jets game. 

• Haha 1

Welp, the Jets NEVER look good against rookie/new QBs that they have little tape on. 

I remember Baker Mayfields coming out party against us some elite pass defender said we weren't prepared to play him, didn't have tape, etc. 

There were more but I can't remember exactly.

At least I can get to sleep on time Thursday night.