What team causes you the most heartache, Knicks or Jets?

Bronx

I haven't seen either team win a championship but the Knicks have gone to the finals 3 times since winning the championship vs 0 for the Jets.

I will always be a Jets and Knicks fan, but the Jets have been a worse organization than the Knicks with horrendous ownership and drafts.

I just care more about the Jets than the Knicks -- not to mention that the Knicks are so far removed from being competitive that it's hard to be invested in an 82 team season. One legitimately good team in 20 years. Watching a football team that sucks requires way less investment that following a basketball or baseball team that sucks.

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone emotionally invest that much into an NBA franchise, particularly a terrible one?  For at least the last 2 decades, that league has been about watching the players rather than the teams.  The players are basically the GM's and the coaches (with a couple exceptions) for their franchises.  

If I had a "team" in the NBA, it would be the Nets.  Know how many f**ks I gave when they added Durant and Kyrie?  Zero.  Zero f**ks given.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Losing is one thing but getting thisssss close and failing is the most heartbreaking. The Bills 4 straight Super Bowl losses has to be up there but for local teams, the '07-08 Mets take the Heartbreak Trophy. 

Trophy for the entire history of this storied town? No contest, Robert Moses pushing the Dodgers out of Brooklyn

Jets? Mud Bowl, That's about it

Knkcks fan AND a Jets fan?  I'd kill myself.  Seriously.  That's what did Carl in.  The state of NY sports in general for the part 16 years.  Being a Blazer fan is like being the fan of an indie band that you think other people don't appreciate like you do.  Then one says you realize that they were mediocre and were always meant to suck.

• Upvote 1

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Knkcks fan AND a Jets fan?  I'd kill myself.  Seriously.  That's what did Carl in.  The state of NY sports in general for the part 16 years.  Being a Blazer fan is like being the fan of an indie band that you think other people don't appreciate like you.  Then one says you realize that they were mediocre qnd were always meant to suck.

Now add the Mets.   Not me (fortunately), but there are plenty of those folks on here.

11 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Knkcks fan AND a Jets fan?  I'd kill myself.  Seriously.  That's what did Carl in.  The state of NY sports in general for the part 16 years.  Being a Blazer fan is like being the fan of an indie band that you think other people don't appreciate like you do.  Then one says you realize that they were mediocre and were always meant to suck.

It's a tough life. The only reason I am still alive is because I don't take sports as seriously as I used to. 

Apathy is a defense mechanism, more than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I haven't seen either team win a championship but the Knicks have gone to the finals 3 times since winning the championship vs 0 for the Jets.

I will always be a Jets and Knicks fan, but the Jets have been a worse organization than the Knicks with horrendous ownership and drafts.

On a Jets board I can’t imagine it’s anything but JETS!!!!   I’m a Knicks fan but not passionate for NBA like NFL.

After the Ewing era, it’s been hard to stomach.  

The Jets by far as The Knicks and basketball in general to me are unwatchable all it is now is run down court and hoist a three Not a  team game any longer  Gone are the Knicks of Reed Frazier DeBusscher Bradley Barnett on the 70’s championship team and the 73 team might have been even better as I believe they had 7 Hall of Famers on that squad. Now that was basketball 

In 1969 I was a young kid.  I watched the Mets, Knicks and Jets all win championships.  Three in one year.

"Sports is awesome" I thought. 

Since then I've seen exactly two more championships in 51 years.  Three more WS losses, One NBA finals loss, and no SB appearances.

So yeah, the Jets are the most disappointing but if I could pick one ring to see, that would be the one.

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Isaiah Thomas says hello. I gotta go on the Jets over the Knicks here, too; but don't take that to mean that I'm marginalizing the pain. I'm also not a Basketball "fan" in general, another notch in the Jets favor. I've lost so much interest over the years. It's just me ball. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

The Knicks for sure. I have never seen any other team in the NBA where players will not even come if they are getting a max deal except the Knicks. 

• Upvote 1