What team causes you the most heartache, Knicks or Jets?

Bronx

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Who gives a sh*t about the Knicks. I stopped caring about basketball after Ewing was gone. The Jets undoubtedly is the team that I die with.

I die with the Jets as well.. We had our shot when we had Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, Speedwell and Van Gundy as a coach. The Spurs were too strong for us 

Jets man, they really piss me off with their coaching and players we pick. I hope we get lucky next year.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

I haven't seen either team win a championship but the Knicks have gone to the finals 3 times since winning the championship vs 0 for the Jets.

I will always be a Jets and Knicks fan, but the Jets have been a worse organization than the Knicks with horrendous ownership and drafts.

Knicks have won what since the new century?  At least the Jets have made the playoffs and had s few wins.  The Jets have been over .500, the Knicks?

And who cares enough about the Knicks to get aggravated, the Jets turn my stomach

• Upvote 1

Basketball totally sucks now. Was a big Knicks fan back in the 70’s-90’s . The game has totally changed from a team concept to ‘look at me and how bad I am’. The teams today would get clobbered by the great defensive teams of the 70’s like the Knicks Lakers Celtics. The coaches back then were legendary. Now they and the players hop around like jumping beans from team to team. It’s a joke and a bad one at that. I have zero interest in watching that sport anymore regardless who plays.

2 hours ago, Icer said:

All other sports are secondary to Football. I get excited for the Mets, Knicks, and Rangers but all three put together mean less to me than the sorry ass Jets!

Same 4 teams as me though I prioritize the Mets and Rangers because the Jets are just too painful and the Knicks have been hopeless for 2 decades now.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Basketball totally sucks now. Was a big Knicks fan back in the 70’s-90’s . The game has totally changed from a team concept to ‘look at me and how bad I am’. The teams today would get clobbered by the great defensive teams of the 70’s like the Knicks Lakers Celtics. The coaches back then were legendary. Now they and the players hop around like jumping beans from team to team. It’s a joke and a bad one at that. I have zero interest in watching that sport anymore regardless who plays.

Kind of the same with me.  Basketball is pretty awful these days.  It was weird when I watched the MJ documentary because it reminded me that I once loved the sport.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Kind of the same with me.  Basketball is pretty awful these days.  It was weird when I watched the MJ documentary because it reminded me that I once loved the sport.

MJ was such a great all around player. He also was a Yea hey check me out guy as well but made everyone better and a great defender. He was so good it got boring for him and switched to baseball so his friends in the NBA could win a title. 

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same 4 teams as me though I prioritize the Mets and Rangers because the Jets are just too painful and the Knicks have been hopeless for 2 decades now.

I am a huge Rangers fan going back to the 60’s when Eddie Giacoman was their goalie. Suffered for decades until 93-94 Stanley Cup Champions Sooooooo Sweet. 

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I am a huge Rangers fan going back to the 60’s when Eddie Giacoman was their goalie. Suffered for decades until 93-94 Stanley Cup Champions Sooooooo Sweet. 

We're looking really good for the future too.

And the Mets now finally have an owner who won't hold the team back

• Haha 1

The Jets don't casue me heartache anymore.  You need to have expectations to have heartache.  After the loss in Pitt in the AFCCG, Heartache.  Losing 3 straight at the end of 2011 to miss out on the playoffs.  Heartache.  Losing the last game in Buffalo to end the 2015 season.  Heartache.  

But since then, I have had no expectations.  Began to relaize Macc/Bowles combo was a disaster after that 2015 season.  Even though I had faith in Darnold, which I have since lost, I hated the Gase hire last year and I am not surprised by these last two seasons.  No expectations and the losses don't hurt so much.

Heartache is losing a National Championship game in overtime to Alabama after blowing a doulbe digit 3rd quarter lead and letting yourself think you are going to win a Title.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The Jets don't casue me heartache anymore.  You need to have expectations to have heartache.  After the loss in Pitt in the AFCCG, Heartache.  Losing 3 straight at the end of 2011 to miss out on the playoffs.  Heartache.  Losing the last game in Buffalo to end the 2015 season.  Heartache.  

But since then, I have had no expectations.  Began to relaize Macc/Bowles combo was a disaster after that 2015 season.  Even though I had faith in Darnold, which I have since lost, I hated the Gase hire last year and I am not surprised by these last two seasons.  No expectations and the losses don't hurt so much.

Heartache is losing a National Championship game in overtime to Alabama after blowing a doulbe digit 3rd quarter lead and letting yourself think you are going to win a Title.

Ugh, I was rooting hard y’all.

Hate Alabama 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Sad news for all of us Ranger fans.

Lundkvyst is going to be bought out by the Rangers tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Still heartache, I cant separate by expectations.  My stomach still turns, after all these years, as losses pile up and turn into lost seasons.  Im too tired 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Still heartache, I cant separate by expectations.  My stomach still turns, after all these years, as losses pile up and turn into lost seasons.  Im too tired 

Fair enough.  But to me its just frustration more than heartache.  Incredible frustration that we are here, not even 3 weeks from opening day.  Talking about whether or not we are better off losing.  In order to fire a coach.  And draft a QB.  And its still September.  Heartache is when I get my emotions up, build up expectations and have those hopes crushed.  Which has happened plenty of times with this franchise, but not the last few years.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Fair enough.  But to me its just frustration more than heartache.  Incredible frustration that we are here, not even 3 weeks from opening day.  Talking about whether or not we are better off losing.  In order to fire a coach.  And draft a QB.  And its still September.  Heartache is when I get my emotions up, build up expectations and have those hopes crushed.  Which has happened plenty of times with this franchise, but not the last few years.

I'm getting what youre saying and I wish I could lower expectations enough to ease my frustration.  

And you touched on it.  I tell my son all the time, I just want games that are competitive.  They can lose, I can live with losses a lot better if they were in games they lost and looked like a real team.  

Not this shlt.  

Even when the team wasn't all that good you go into some of their games and think you have a chance of winning, you root for the team.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Knicks have won what since the new century?  At least the Jets have made the playoffs and had s few wins.  The Jets have been over .500, the Knicks?

And who cares enough about the Knicks to get aggravated, the Jets turn my stomach

The Knicks more recently made the playoffs than the jets.  They will also be returning to the playoffs before the jets

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Knicks more recently made the playoffs than the jets.  They will also be returning to the playoffs before the jets

They havent.

The last time they made the playoffs was 2012.  

Jets went to the AFCCG the Knicks won their first round in years.  One.

The Knicks have been far worse since the 90s.  

But hey, thanks for your prediction.  Im sure the Knicks will never make the playoffs now

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They havent.

The last time they made the playoffs was 2012.  

Jets went to the AFCCG the Knicks won their first round in years.  One.

The Knicks have been far worse since the 90s.  

But hey, thanks for your prediction.  Im sure the Knicks will never make the playoffs now

What part of the sentence “the knicks more recently made the playoffs” is hard for you to comprehend?

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

What part of the sentence “the knicks more recently made the playoffs” is hard for you to comprehend?

What part of the part where I said the Knicks are far worse off than the Jets dont you get?

No team is as badly run as the Knicks, they suck in a league where everyone makes the playoffs

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What part of the part where I said the Knicks are far worse off than the Jets dont you get?

No team is as badly run as the Knicks, they suck in a league where everyone makes the playoffs

Sorry Jet Nut I’m not going into the Jet homer vortex with you this time.  If you were too lazy to read my original post before criticizing it that’s on you

20 hours ago, Barkus said:

Jets, Mets, Knicks, Rangers baby! I’m probably somewhere on the psychopath/mentally disabled spectrum ?

with the exception of the Rangers, cause if you are the first 3 you should be Islanders lol...  So that Quad has you drinking HEAVILY.

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

with the exception of the Rangers, cause if you are the first 3 you should be Islanders lol...  So that Quad has you drinking HEAVILY.

Things could be turning around though

Jets- Gase will be gone. New coach, maybe new QB next yr

Mets- Stevie Cohen to the rescue!

Knicks- Thibodeau and Leon rose, maybe?

Rangers- just won draft lottery and promising young players

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Things could be turning around though

Jets- Gase will be gone. New coach, maybe new QB next yr

Mets- Stevie Cohen to the rescue!

Knicks- Thibodeau and Leon rose, maybe?

Rangers- just won draft lottery and promising young players

Best case scenario:

Jets - Johnsons grow a brain and offer Harbaugh the world.  Draft Lawrence first overall.

Knicks -  trade for Chris Paul and get a good wing player at 8 in the draft.  RJ and Mitch continue to develop into studs

Mets - sign Bauer and Realmulto

Mets, Jets, Knicks have a history of being successful at the same time 

• Upvote 2