More Cowbell

For all of you that wanted a meaningful game

12 minutes ago, viffer said:

This is the most important game in 10 years if you are delusional enough to believe Gase will be fired if we lose. Personally, I don't believe that for a minute, but hopefully I'm wrong. I still think JD convinced CJ that the team needed a total tear down and rebuild, and CJ guaranteed Gase through 2021 since he couldn't blame Gase for losing during a rebuild (in CJ's very, very tiny mind).

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we are stuck with Gase through 2021.

I fear you may be right.

Mix in the fact that we have so many injuries, I could see Christopher Johnson being convinced that things will get so much better when we have a healthy roster.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, viffer said:

This is the most important game in 10 years if you are delusional enough to believe Gase will be fired if we lose. Personally, I don't believe that for a minute, but hopefully I'm wrong. I still think JD convinced CJ that the team needed a total tear down and rebuild, and CJ guaranteed Gase through 2021 since he couldn't blame Gase for losing during a rebuild (in CJ's very, very tiny mind).

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we are stuck with Gase through 2021.

Agreed and have the Johnson's ever fired someone in season?

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Wait, what?  Two 0-3 teams going nowhere other than sputtering into a fatal crash playing a meaningless game on a short week and it's the most important game in 10 years?

lol - yeah, no.

Broncos are tanking for Trevor. That's the only reason it's relevant at all. And knowing the Jets they will help them succeed for their one win of the season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Broncos are tanking for Trevor. That's the only reason it's relevant at all. And knowing the Jets they will help them succeed for their one win of the season. 

It's week 4.  I highly doubt this is the game that decides what team get Trevor. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry but this is possibly the most important game in the last 10 years.  This is our SB. 

I don’t think I’d go that far. True the games outcome may decide gases fate. A bad loss and he might be removed.  If they pummel Denver then maybe they finally gain some respect.  Gase will certainly put off getting launched. The worst thing is if the game is a s##tshow of errors.  This doesn’t help anyone.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It's week 4.  I highly doubt this is the game that decides what team get Trevor. 

This is true. Plenty of chances for bad teams to get meaningless wins down the stretch. 

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Agreed. If we lose, Darnold will be benched and Flacco starts against Arizona. 

I’m pulling for the kid but I have my doubts.  

SAR I

I am having the double edge sword feeling that with players coming back, a Win tomorrow could get this team to get a head of steam and with games coming up against Zona and Chargers, they could possibly do just enough to save Gase's job for a while here. Not a good thing really since he is not a long term solution, but I just have this sneaky feeling, unless we are really just so bad we can't beat anybody and the Gase exodus will occur very soon then possibly in a few days like this Friday, which I say should still occur if Jets win this week but look really bad doing so, or actually his firing should occur no matter how good we look this week. Because we know any good well coached team will destroy the Jets with Gase at the helm as we have been seeing proof of.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think I’d go that far. True the games outcome may decide gases fate. A bad loss and he might be removed.  If they pummel Denver then maybe they finally gain some respect.  Gase will certainly put off getting launched. The worst thing is if the game is a s##tshow of errors.  This doesn’t help anyone.

This is why I think this game is so important.  First off it sets the stage to removed a very disliked HC. Secondly,  it will show CJ is actually paying attention and cares about the product. We never got that from Hess and we certainly  didn't  get that from Woody. That at least shows it's  not all about the numbers. Winning counts with him. 

7 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I am having the double edge sword feeling that with players coming back, a Win tomorrow could get this team to get a head of steam and with games coming up against Zona and Chargers, they could possibly do just enough to save Gase's job for a while here. Not a good thing really since he is not a long term solution, but I just have this sneaky feeling,

If we ever managed to turn 0-3 to 3-3, this place would be loaded with playoffs threads. 

In fact, we'd start getting them after beating Arizona. 

Now, back to reality, I don't think this team is good enough to win 3 straight games, and I'm still not convinced they are good enough to even beat the Broncos. We'll see. 

11 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

You actually forced me to look at his imdb page. Looks like he was recently on a podcast called the Mangina Dialogues.....so there's that...

Still far more productive than SAR's life.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Agreed and have the Johnson's ever fired someone in season?

No, but they'd never fired a GM after the draft before Macc happened.

There's a first time for everything.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

There's a lot of bad teams this year.  Several that are candidates to be 1-15 or 2-14 type teams.  This game with Denver certainly won't decide anything, but whoever wins will most certainly fall behind in the race and it'll take a long losing streak to get back into it.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but they'd never fired a GM after the draft before Macc happened.

There's a first time for everything.

cat cartwheel GIF

• Haha 1

Much like the season, this thread is not going well.  At least this I can stop.

• Upvote 2