Any Apple nerds want to help compare MacBook Pro to Air?

Planning to get a new laptop in the next few months.  Was doing a comparison between the MacBook Pro and Air, and when configured similarly I can't tell that there's much of a difference except for the slight size and weight difference, and maybe a few extra ports on the MacBook Pro.  Am I missing something or are these largely very similar laptops if configured the same way... 13" screens, i7 Proc (w/ a speed difference), 16GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, etc.?

Aside from a faster i7 chip and 2 additional Thunderbolt 3 ports, is there anything else that accounts for the $350 price difference?  If a faster processor isn't a huge deal to me and I don't think I'd need more than 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports, shouldn't a thinner, lighter MacBook Air be a no-brainer....especially since it's cheaper?

1058627146_ScreenShot2020-09-29at8_27_35PM.thumb.png.4473c83cd9f1a69dceade1aa71b41841.png

$1849

2010796116_ScreenShot2020-09-29at8_30_21PM.png.c81288075ce99acb0098df837dc4be0a.png

$2199

Yay! If you look up Techno-Idiot in the dictionary, there's no definition, just a picture of my idiot face. I need some serious help with a MacAir. I'll chime in later with basic questions I have sometime later.  It's an older MacAir (2016?) that has seen very little use because of that Techno-Idiot thing. I don't know anything about Apple. The only thing I'm good at is typing reallllllyyyyy ffffast!  I bet that was so fast that it sped right by you!

I'll be back tonight or tomorrow, thanks in advance (no sarcasm). I know as soon as I leave here someone's gonna kick me in my ass in absentia. I can take it. Ow! The impatience level these days is unreal.