What is Gase’s next career move?

GreekJet

Behavior wise, he fits perfectly in New England, a practice squad replacement for Josh McDaniels... just as long as he's never made head coach.

A football savant, with limited leadership skills (who is never allowed to appear in press conferences) has already banked millions, surviving on nothing but smelling salts.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gangrene said:

Behavior wise, he fits perfectly in New England, a practice squad replacement for Josh McDaniels... just as long as he's never made head coach.

A football savant, with limited leadership skills (who is never allowed to appear in press conferences) has already banked millions, surviving on nothing but smelling salts.

Has there EVER been a viable explanation for his bizarre behavior at that initial Jets press conference? I mean that right there was cause to rip that contract up into pieces w/o repercussion.  I’m still waiting. 

99AF7743-6B6D-4A3D-951A-6D1DD3D207EC.gif

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Has there EVER been a viable explanation for his bizarre behavior at that initial Jets press conference? I mean that right there was cause to rip that contract up into pieces w/o repercussion.  I’m still waiting. 

...agreed, that should have triggered some opt out clause.  

After that debacle the Jets PR department has him wearing baseball caps.

An ability to retain direct eye contact seems like it might be quality essential for a head coaching gig.

• Upvote 2

My gut - his agent gets him on TV with strict orders to act sane and normal.  After a year or two of talking a good game (he's good at that) he gets another crack as a QB coach with a franchise that has a great QB (this is his MO) - like KC.  Basically a situation that he can't screw up.  Wait long enough, get promoted to OC...

19 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

My gut - his agent gets him on TV with strict orders to act sane and normal.  After a year or two of talking a good game (he's good at that) he gets another crack as a QB coach with a franchise that has a great QB (this is his MO) - like KC.  Basically a situation that he can't screw up.  Wait long enough, get promoted to OC...

Have you heard him speak or ever seen him - you think TV is a good spot for Adam Gase??????

When you treat your players poorly, act like you know everything, and show zero humility, its tough to find another job in the league.  Just ask Eric Mangini - and hes actually talented.

Gase should take a year off, after that he will be lucky to be a QB coach 

• Upvote 3

He knows a lot about football, has money in the bank and has a young family.  

He really is incapable of being a head coach, although Jets’ HC who don’t delegate enough seem to be a pattern.   Not surprisingly, that Rex staff from 2010-11 seemed to run the best-Schottenheimer ran the offense with Rex’ input, and the DC was active and involved.  

The Gase family should decide where they want to raise their kids, and Gase should get the best football or other job near there.   For example, if they want to live in Southern California, he can coach at USC or UCLA.  Miami-the U.  

He is not cut out for this job.  His wife must be thrilled given her father’s experience.

He just needs to go. 

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

TV?

tenor.gif?itemid=13277934

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Do you see him coaching again somewhere next year? I’m thinking he may be too toxic to even get an NFL job right now.

I could see him doing what Ben McAdoo did. Go away for a couple of years and resurface as a QB coach somewhere when the heat is off. 

VP of whatever company SAR works for.

Or maybe he joins the circus.

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I never heard an explanation but I agree with you.  Honestly, I regretted that hire from that day forward.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gangrene said:

We hire McDaniels for HC and Pats hire Gase for OC. That would be crazy.

Imagine seeing this across the field 

EimnkVUXgAILUyO.jpeg.jpg.c624d3adb1a42b5a1e12276d2fa36f83.jpgstephen-belichick-11202019-getty-ftrjpg_14y83bi58c1v611j7gecj9rcrp.thumb.jpg.246923b2e4269f17f9132df350d72e94.jpg

EvilReflectingIbex-max-1mb.gif.4ecae514a3a0692efe25d92ff86360a3.gif

Gase will NEVER be a HC in the NFL again, and will likely never even be hired as any type of coach either.  He's a raging dumpster fire, and while there are plenty of other poorly run teams with moronic decision makers in the league, the Jets did all the heavy lifting on this one and even the dumbest of organizations will take notice and steer clear.

Think about it, of the Jets last 4 significant hires, 2 of them will likely never work in the NFL after being fired by the Jets. If this isn't an indictment against utterly incompetent ownership, I don't know what is.

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Gase will NEVER be a HC in the NFL again, and will likely never even be hired as any type of coach either.  He's a raging dumpster fire, and while there are plenty of other poorly run teams with moronic decision makers in the league, the Jets did all the heavy lifting on this one and even the dumbest of organizations will take notice and steer clear.

Think about it, of the Jets last 4 significant hires, 2 of them will likely never work in the NFL after being fired by the Jets. If this isn't an indictment against utterly incompetent ownership, I don't know what is.

Rex was our last HC who actually got a HC job after getting fired by us.  Bowles only has a DC job because Bruce Arians loves him if it wasn’t for Arians Bowles would not be in the nfl 

Gase is done in the nfl after the Johnsons finally fire him

29 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

We hire McDaniels for HC and Pats hire Gase for OC. That would be crazy.

Imagine seeing this across the field 

EimnkVUXgAILUyO.jpeg.jpg.c624d3adb1a42b5a1e12276d2fa36f83.jpgstephen-belichick-11202019-getty-ftrjpg_14y83bi58c1v611j7gecj9rcrp.thumb.jpg.246923b2e4269f17f9132df350d72e94.jpg

EvilReflectingIbex-max-1mb.gif.4ecae514a3a0692efe25d92ff86360a3.gif

To me if anyone deserves a second shot it's McDaniels.

If he took the job to be the next HC of the NYJ,  it would be a trip to see those two face off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Yea, Gase on TV is not what the doctor ordered. 

He's a football junkie/lifer type who should go be an assistant somewhere