WFAN considering replacing Joe and Evan with Jersey Shore version of Howard Stern

Philc1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

You still listen to that Sh*thole?  WFAN is the only thing more fu*ked up and useless in NYC than the Jets. Stop listening now.....it will add mucho brain cells and years to your life.

I still listen to Joe and Evan in the afternoons.  Evan is awful but Joe I can definitely relate to as a long suffering jet fan

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

WFAN is dying before our very eyes. It's like watching a once great champion boxer fighting one fight too many in his old age and getting pummeled.  

I don’t know what they’re doing.  They get rid of Francesa and now Beningo but they have Maggie Gray on 18 hours a day

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If this happens I’m done listening to WFAN 

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/wfan-is-really-close-to-a-craig-carton-reunion/

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

You still listen to that Sh*thole?  WFAN is the only thing more fu*ked up and useless in NYC than the Jets. Stop listening now.....it will add mucho brain cells and years to your life.

Kind of good that the FAN realizes Joe and Evan is dead, but @section314 is right—the whole station is doomed regardless of who they bring in and it’s kind of fitting that they’d re-hire Carton to kill the station off entirely since his original hiring marked the beginning of the end for what was a NYC institution. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Carton is the reason I stopped listening to WFAN years ago.  Everyone once in a while I'll put it on in the car now but quite rarely.

Nothing personally against the guy but radio schtick is incredibly annoying.

He recycles stern bits from the 90’s.  He’s not funny or talented so it ends up sounding awkward.  He did well in the ratings when he replaced Imus mostly because Imus had 0 listeners

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Kind of good that the FAN realizes Joe and Evan is dead, but @section314 is right—the whole station is doomed regardless of who they bring in and it’s kind of fitting that they’d re-hire Carton to kill the station off entirely since his original hiring marked the beginning of the end for what was a NYC institution. 

WFAN will change format in 2-3 years.  It’s being run almost as bad as the jets.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I still listen to Joe and Evan in the afternoons.  Evan is awful but Joe I can definitely relate to as a long suffering jet fan

Those weird, high pitched screaming noises Joe makes are creepy,  infantile, and strange,  and I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to him.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If this happens I’m done listening to WFAN 

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/wfan-is-really-close-to-a-craig-carton-reunion/

Even though he's "lost his fastball", Joe is still fun to listen to at times.  It would be so fitting that they would take Joe out and move Carton back in to ruin the last vestige of what I liked about WFAN.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even though he's "lost his fastball", Joe is still fun to listen to at times.  It would be so fitting that they would take Joe out and move Carton back in to ruin the last vestige of what I liked about WFAN.  

Instead of Joe actually discussing sports we will get Craig Carton talking about gambling and strippers.  Yay

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rumor is that his ratings sucked and they pushed him out.

That’s true.  WFAN put CMB in the afternoon slot and everyone stopped listening to WFAN.  They brought back Francesa and the listeners didn’t come back or didn’t come back in the numbers they needed