ryan griffin

kmnj

if one took all the Ryan Griffin resignings and Perriman FAs and George Fants and cobble them together they could have done something decent with the money 

No this team is not 1 player away but the first step to getting out of a hole is to stop digging 

JD's FA's for this team is like when you ask Santa for 1 nice shirt and instead you get 10 from Marshalls because that's "better" 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Totally smacks of the Enunwa deal.  A guy coming off a brutal injury so open the cheque book and give him term.

I’m not a doctor but something like enunwas neck injury seems way more critical than griffins ankle. The ankle may take more time to get straightened out but the neck could mean paralysis.  I can’t help but think the jets didn’t trivialize griffins injury before they re-signed him.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

In all fairness he’s coming off an injury. Some guys come back quickly. But if he’s not 100% why have him on the field. Bring someone off the practice squad to replace him.

They are not even throwing him the ball. Can't blame a player if the OC does not get him involved in the game.

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

They are not even throwing him the ball. Can't blame a player if the OC does not get him involved in the game.

I don’t know why griffin isn’t being thrown to. Is he the first, second, third or no option on pass plays? If he is an option it’s up to darnold to find him if open but it’s awful tough given the way the oline has been pass blocking.

Griffin has a 3 year deal with approximately $4 million guaranteed. Per overthecap.com we would have about $1.4 in dead money cutting him after this year - sounds like a disaster of a contract to me. 

Its also not JDs fault that we have a coach who when he loses his top 3 WRs doesn’t run a single 2-TE set. 

Lastly, speaking of TEs Wesco seems to be blocking his tail off every time he is in there, which is of course never since why utilize a valuable blocker. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

if one took all the Ryan Griffin resignings and Perriman FAs and George Fants and cobble them together they could have done something decent with the money 

No this team is not 1 player away but the first step to getting out of a hole is to stop digging 

JD's FA's for this team is like when you ask Santa for 1 nice shirt and instead you get 10 from Marshalls because that's "better" 

I call piling on. Griffin deal was not a bad one. He was playing well for us before he got hurt.

Much more disappointed in Herndon. He feels like a real bust-o-rama to me. Has shown nothing!

19 hours ago, Jethead said:

I call piling on. Griffin deal was not a bad one. He was playing well for us before he got hurt.

Much more disappointed in Herndon. He feels like a real bust-o-rama to me. Has shown nothing!

Ryan Griffin was 29 going on retirement when JD handed out that contract

Alot of guys were playing well last year he decided to pay the oldest and least athletic "prospect" in NFL history 

Herndon was a bust before he left Miami. He's always been a 1st round talent with an undrafted brain 

• Upvote 2