Sign in to follow this  
TMAC

Thursday Night Win

I have very strong feelings that the Jets will defeat the Broncos on Thursday night for the following reasons:

1. Crowder and Becton will play

2.  The Broncos are brutally banged up and pathetic and starting a QB who has thrown less than 10 passes in his career.  Visiting teams usually don't do that well on Thursday night.

3.  It's the Jet thing to do since a loss would be in their best interests because Adam Gase would certainly be fired right after the game.

4.  I want the Jets to lose.

• Upvote 1

By all rights the jets should win this game going away.  This is the game where the players need to man up and show the nfl they belong.  But we have also seen the jets , not just under gase, underperform.  A win cures many of the perceived ills. A loss will be trouble.

It's a definite win. I wouldn't feel any more confident picking KC over the Broncos. 

They'll win. Chris will state how he feels vindicated in making his comments about Gase being genius. 

We'll get to spend the week listening to the Gase gaggers ignoring the previous 3 weeks in favor of this one week. 

Broncos will be propelled ahead in the Lawrence sweepstakes. 

It's a win. It's the Jet Way to screw yourself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

If the Jets won 60-0 and Sam threw for 700 yards I would still fire Gase.  The idea that he can save his job by beating the hapless Broncos is ludicrous.  But that is exactly what the Jets are-ludicrous.  And the acting owner is the biggest foot in the NFL.

• Upvote 4

Worst case scenario we Win and they keep him until after the bye. He’s got to go Friday regardless.

4 minutes ago, TMAC said:

If the Jets won 60-0 and Sam threw for 700 yards I would still fire Gase.  The idea that he can save his job by beating the hapless Broncos is ludicrous.  But that is exactly what the Jets are-ludicrous.  And the acting owner is the biggest foot in the NFL.

Art History Lol GIF by Acorn TV

1 hour ago, Alentador31 said:

I think this whole "lose and your fired" is so stupid. You either believe in the coach or you don't. ONE game should not sway that opinion. 

Unless you're Chris Johnson. So yea....I am nervous. 

Agree 100%. But if we win, CJ will convince himself we are still on course and we get 2 more years of Gase regardles of play

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alentador31 said:

I think this whole "lose and your fired" is so stupid. You either believe in the coach or you don't. ONE game should not sway that opinion. 

It’s only stupid to think that if Jets win Gase is out of trouble. Even if they win Thursday they will lose the next 4-5. At what point does CJ allow this fiasco to continue. It’s just damaging to the product not to take action. How do fans take the franchise seriously if CJ allows the team to sink into an abyss. As things get worse, players lose desire. You think this is bad now. Wait. Watch a month from now if Gase is retained. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TMAC said:

I have very strong feelings that the Jets will defeat the Broncos on Thursday night

The feeling you have can be controlled with this. 

Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Antifungal Powder Spray, 4.6 Ounce Spray Can

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Of course the Jets are going to win... Adam Gase’s job is on the line.

Sam will throw for 300 yards, 3 TDs, and hope will be renewed until we lose again.

Does anybody really think we’re getting off this merry go round that easy? Come on now

Oh the Darnold bros will be rejuvenated to a new level of fanboyism

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Worst case scenario we Win and they keep him until after the bye. He’s got to go Friday regardless.

So then you already know what will happen.

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

IT CAN NOT HAPPEN

It just can't

wait and see GIF by Joey Graceffa

3 hours ago, Alentador31 said:

And, if the "lose and you're fired" storyline is true.  Then all he needs to do to keep his job is beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, traveling across the country, on a short week, without their best player, and starting a 3rd string QB who has never started a game before.  If you think he is not right guy the now, Thursday should not change your opinion. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh the Darnold bros will be rejuvenated to a new level of fanboyism

How can anyone be expected to succeed?  He's had three coaches in three years!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How can anyone be expected to succeed?  He's had three coaches in three years!

What's interesting is that CJ will use a win Thursday to rejuvenate his faith in Gase and we will crucify him for his short-sightedness. At the same time, a strong performance by Darnold will completely redeem our hope in him.

I feel very strongly that the Jets will win convincingly.

The Jets will get blown out at least 6 more times before the season is over.  

This will be an up and down ride that will end up with Gase fired and someone else hired to try and save Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

I feel very strongly that the Jets will win convincingly.

The Jets will get blown out at least 6 more times before the season is over.  

This will be an up and down ride that will end up with Gase fired and someone else hired to try and save Darnold. 

Me at the beginning of post

clint eastwood yes GIF

After reading "to try to save Darnold"

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

• Upvote 2

A win would be great

1. 0-16 teams are embarassingly notorius forever, I do not want to have to hear about it for the rest of my life
  2. This is the best chance for win this year
  3. Screw tanking, firing coaches, feeliing sorry, all that nonsense. This is a Jets game. I always want to see a win, always, there has not been an exception in the 56 seasons I have following them 
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

A win would be great

1. 0-16 teams are embarassingly notorius forever, I do not want to have to hear about it for the rest of my life
  2. This is the best chance for win this year
  3. Screw tanking, firing coaches, feeliing sorry, all that nonsense. This is a Jets game. I always want to see a win, always, there has not been an exception in the 56 seasons I have following them 

It sure would be horrible if the Jets were an embarrassment 

• Haha 2

Broncos are going to throttle the Jets. They have been more competitive in their losses and they don't have a head coach named Adam Gase!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TMAC said:

I have very strong feelings that the Jets will defeat the Broncos on Thursday night for the following reasons:

2.  The Broncos are brutally banged up and pathetic and starting a QB who has thrown less than 10 passes in his career.  Visiting teams usually don't do that well on Thursday night.

3.  It's the Jet thing to do since a loss would be in their best interests because Adam Gase would certainly be fired right after the game.

YOUR OPINION MEANS NOTHING. WHAT DO YOU KNOW. ALL YOU DO IS EAT FUNIONS AND PRETEND TO KNOW. YOU DONT KNOW. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

What's interesting is that CJ will use a win Thursday to rejuvenate his faith in Gase and we will crucify him for his short-sightedness. At the same time, a strong performance by Darnold will completely redeem our hope in 

it’s what JD’s thinks. Period. There have been some really good points made in here to dump Darnold after this year that completely usurp keeping him. Darnold would have to show significant progress THIS YEAR for JD to keep him next year. And he hasn’t shown the consistency, mindset, maturity to stay within himself and progress to override those reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

it’s what JD’s thinks. Period. There have been some really good points made in here to dump Darnold after this year that completely usurp keeping him. Darnold would have to show significant progress THIS YEAR for JD to keep him next year. And he hasn’t shown the consistency, mindset, maturity to stay within himself and progress to override those reasons. 

Obviously you are right. I’m talking about if Darnold goes for say 240 yds with 2 tds we will see a ton of necro of threads saying he’s not the guy and comments like “HAHA you Darnold haterz are so pessimistic how does it taste now!!”

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TMAC said:

No one has said this before.

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

‘Embarrassment’. That’s so kind jgb, unlike Jetsfan80 who takes no prisoners and is relentless. You have such a good heart. Please insert your noun. I’ll start.....

The Jets this season have been an abomination.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Obviously you are right. I’m talking about if Darnold goes for say 240 yds with 2 tds we will see a ton of necro of threads saying he’s not the guy and comments like “HAHA you Darnold haterz are so pessimistic how does it taste now!!”

Fret not. Captain Jetsfan80 will throw them to the sharks  🦈 🦈 🦈 🦈 

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Darnold 240 2 TD’s has turned the corner- but can he core an apple? 
HA HA

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You missed my point:

Embarrasment can be erased or neutralized

Embarrasing notoriety is permanent

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Fret not. Captain Jetsfan80 will throw them to the sharks  🦈 🦈 🦈 🦈 

* Food Tester 80

• Haha 1