Crowder qustionable, Perriman out

CTJetsFan

Sometimes you really need to be concerned about the self motivation of players. Watching part of the patsie game I noticed birkhead was becoming an active ball carrier. Friggin birkhead. He’s been primarily a situational run blocker but he was carrying the ball and making some good gains.  It’s all about desire. Perriman was signed on a show me contract. The way he’s been playing this could be his last stop. Does he want to play in the nfl?  You gotta wonder.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Sometimes you really need to be concerned about the self motivation of players. Watching part of the patsie game I noticed birkhead was becoming an active ball carrier. Friggin birkhead. He’s been primarily a situational run blocker but he was carrying the ball and making some good gains.  It’s all about desire. Perriman was signed on a show me contract. The way he’s been playing this could be his last stop. Does he want to play in the nfl?  You gotta wonder.

I have no idea what Burkhead, a RB, doing RB things has to do with Perriman playing through an injury. 

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'd love to see some of you guys run on a sprained ankle , better yet scratch that thought .

I've had my share of sprained ankles in my day.  High School football, in my20's, and playing basketball around 40 years old.  The healing time for myself is between 3 weeks and 1 year.  1 year when I was 40 years old.  In high school, it wasn't a big deal, but you just shouldn't play on a sprained ankle, because it can get worse, and if it gets worse, then you're in trouble.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

Perriman is making 8 mill this year. Last year with the Bucs was he show me contract and the Jets paid him. He never played on his rookie deal either. The Jets don’t qualify this stuff in the draft process or FA. He twisted his ankle but can’t play? GTFOH

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'd love to see some of you guys run on a sprained ankle , better yet scratch that thought .

Really depends on the severity. An ankle is one of the injuries that’s fairly easy to come back from, especially in today’s world. Perriman is a scrub anyways, but not surprising he’s mailing it in. The whole team is.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Really depends on the severity. An ankle is one of the injuries that’s fairly easy to come back from, especially in today’s world. Perriman is a scrub anyways, but not surprising he’s mailing it in. The whole team is.

Christian McCaffrey and Michael Thomas are out because of a sprained ankles.  They must be mailing it in, too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I have no idea what Burkhead, a RB, doing RB things has to do with Perriman playing through an injury. 

What I mean is it’s all about desire to play.  Birkhead gets the chance to play and makes the most of it.  He probably wouldn’t start on any other nfl team.  I just saw a piece about Berrios on SNY. Sounds like a guy who wants to play.  I don’t claim to know the extent of Perrimans injury. It just seems like it may be something minor and he doesn’t want to play.  The jets need more players like Ronnie Lott who had a finger cut off in a game so he could get back in and play.

14 hours ago, rangerous said:

It’s all about desire. Perriman was signed on a show me contract. The way he’s been playing this could be his last stop. Does he want to play in the nfl?  You gotta wonder.

Worst thing to do is question injuries. 

You have no idea how bad his ankle sprain is, its only the 2nd game hes missing, why even go there.

Birkhead has nothing to do with this

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Worst thing to do is question injuries. 

You have no idea how bad his ankle sprain is, its only the 2nd game hes missing, why even go there.

Birkhead has nothing to do with this

Of course Perriman might be injured enough to keep him out of games.  We all want that to be the case.  But players do lie down and Perriman’s inability to live up to his draft position doesn’t help.  As for birkhead, he serves as an example of a player who goes out there and makes the most of his opportunities.  I doubt if he would start on any other nfl team. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Of course Perriman might be injured enough to keep him out of games.  We all want that to be the case.  But players do lie down and Perriman’s inability to live up to his draft position doesn’t help.  As for birkhead, he serves as an example of a player who goes out there and makes the most of his opportunities.  I doubt if he would start on any other nfl team. 

But you questioned his desire.  

Birkhead had one game.  Add to that he was used for blocking and wasn't given an opportunity before last weeks game.  Or just didnt show anything, enough for BB to commit to him outside of need

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

But you questioned his desire.  

Birkhead had one game.  Add to that he was used for blocking and wasn't given an opportunity before last weeks game.  Or just didnt show anything, enough for BB to commit to him outside of need

Yes I do question the desire of players who get nicked and sit out.  I don’t know Perriman at all.  I am speculating.  It just seems odd that crowder comes ready to play and so do others.

13 hours ago, adb280z said:

Christian McCaffrey and Michael Thomas are out because of a sprained ankles.  They must be mailing it in, too.

Thomas is playing Sunday. Mccafrey has a high ankle sprain and got rolled up pretty bad and was put on IR. No one can even name the play Perriman got hurt on and he isnt on IR either.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Thomas is playing Sunday. Mccafrey has a high ankle sprain and got rolled up pretty bad and was put on IR. No one can even name the play Perriman got hurt on and he isnt on IR either.

Actually, I can. He got rolled up on blocking downfield in the 2nd half (I believe) of the 49ers game.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Yes I do question the desire of players who get nicked and sit out.  I don’t know Perriman at all.  I am speculating.  It just seems odd that crowder comes ready to play and so do others.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He injured his ankle in the SF game.  Don think tell people they don't know when it happened.  

He injured his ankle and can't play.  Unless anyone has info to the contrary they shouldn't just stop talking.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He injured his ankle in the SF game.  Don think tell people they don't know when it happened.  

He injured his ankle and can't play.  Unless anyone has info to the contrary they shouldn't just stop talking.  

Since we are all just dumb fans who can speculate maybe you can shed some light as to the extent of Perriman’s injury.  I believe he was injured during training camp. Is this ankle sprain a continuation of an old injury or something new?  And I’m not saying or advocating that an injured player should be on the field.  Griffin is coming off a serious injury and surgery and maybe he’s not 100%. I would say he should be held out.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And today would be 12 days since it happened. Had they put him on IR, he wouldn't be eligible until week 6. I'm sure they are banking on him being ready for week 5.

I think injuries have become a game now for NFL players.  

Perriman probably figures he lays low, and then puts out a few good games at seasons’ end and gets a new contract from some other sucker team short on WRs.  

Something funny is going on here. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think injuries have become a game now for NFL players.  

Perriman probably figures he lays low, and then puts out a few good games at seasons’ end and gets a new contract from some other sucker team short on WRs.  

Something funny is going on here. 

He's on a 1-year "prove it" deal.  The goal for him is to have a big year and get a multi-year deal elsewhere.

This is a silly take.

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Since we are all just dumb fans who can speculate maybe you can shed some light as to the extent of Perriman’s injury.  I believe he was injured during training camp. Is this ankle sprain a continuation of an old injury or something new?  And I’m not saying or advocating that an injured player should be on the field.  Griffin is coming off a serious injury and surgery and maybe he’s not 100%. I would say he should be held out.

How would I be able to shed any light on it.  How would anyone?  He tweaked a hammy I believe in camp.  Sprained an ankle for sure, at this point things get Secretive

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why rush Crowder back?  Berrios is playing well.  The Broncos arent the defense they once were.  Let him get the extra rest. 

I tend to agree. Berrios needs reps. But maybe they want put both Berrios and crowder in on the same play. Both of those guys are sure handed and quick. They should be able to help darnold.  Also, crowder will have and extra few days to recover due to the Thursday game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

I tend to agree. Berrios needs reps. But maybe they want put both Berrios and crowder in on the same play. Both of those guys are sure handed and quick. They should be able to help darnold.  Also, crowder will have and extra few days to recover due to the Thursday game.

You do remember who our HC is?