No coaching change no matter the outcome vs Den

Team archer

Anyone who honestly thinks that Gase is going to be fired during the season obviously hasn't followed the Jets for the past 20 or so years. The Johnsons have never fired ANYONE during the season, much less a head coach that CJ raves about all the time.

Stop smoking the funny stuff. Accept that CJ is as dumb as he is and stop setting yourselves up for more disappointment (if it is even possible to be more disappointed with this team...).

14 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Firing Gase at this point is nothing more than a fan wet dream.....nice to imagine but not real.  

As much as it pains me to admit, you're probably correct. Although, IMO the reason has nothing to do with CJ's unwillingness to make a coaching change during the season. IMO this is because of some sort of limitations with interviewing candidates. Maybe they can't get the candidates they want to interview based on contractual obligations from the team they're currently coaching.

That said, I think CJ and Douglas were absolutely ready to make a change depending on tonight's outcome. Adam Gase has too many things working against him:

1) No talent. This is not Gase's fault but it absolutely affects his ability to get wins.

2) Sammy has REGRESSED. I don't know how Gase managed to do that? I certainly didn't see it coming.

3) PLAYCALLING - Gase or Loggains depending on who you think has more say. They call plays that are designed to run straight into the teeth of the defense. Pretty dumb considering how many other things the Jets have working against them.

4) ROOKIES - JD's draft choices so far are NOT making much of an impact. Everyone knew in order for the Jets to win they needed input from the rookies. Besides Becton it's all crickets.

5) Gase lost the locker room? I've seen this in the newspaper and if that's the case? Then Gase is gone, it's just a matter of when....

• Upvote 1

Gase is terrible -he is kotite terrible but the jets ARE NOT FIRING him this season-they dont want to keep paying coaches that are not working for them. They can afford it sure but they dont want to pay them. They dont even like using our salary cap money.

The Jets are great at one thing and I see it on this board all of the time-they are great at convincing jet fans there is a plan in place, it takes a few years to fix things and the level of talent is far superior to what the play on the field shows. I honestly wonder what some folks do for a living that tolerate such incompetence on so many levels and defend it.

Gase should be gone and JD should be given at most until the end of next year. If he misses again on off season free agents and has a poor draft again-he should be gone too. JD has basically drafted one good player-I will give him the benefit of the doubt on our hurt WR but wont hold my breath. He wasted picks on the draft as well. He drafted a project qb when either Sam  is the answer or they will draft another one in the first round -the wasted pick should have been used on another WR. Anybody that has eyes knew and knows the Jets have no talent at WR-Crowder at best is a wr3 and he cant even stay on the field. Herndon is trash as is Griffin who got a 3 year deal and has no catches. 

14 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

As much as it pains me to admit, you're probably correct. Although, IMO the reason has nothing to do with CJ's unwillingness to make a coaching change during the season. IMO this is because of some sort of limitations with interviewing candidates. Maybe they can't get the candidates they want to interview based on contractual obligations from the team they're currently coaching.

That said, I think CJ and Douglas were absolutely ready to make a change depending on tonight's outcome. Adam Gase has too many things working against him:

1) No talent. This is not Gase's fault but it absolutely affects his ability to get wins.

2) Sammy has REGRESSED. I don't know how Gase managed to do that? I certainly didn't see it coming.

3) PLAYCALLING - Gase or Loggains depending on who you think has more say. They call plays that are designed to run straight into the teeth of the defense. Pretty dumb considering how many other things the Jets have working against them.

4) ROOKIES - JD's draft choices so far are NOT making much of an impact. Everyone knew in order for the Jets to win they needed input from the rookies. Besides Becton it's all crickets.

5) Gase lost the locker room? I've seen this in the newspaper and if that's the case? Then Gase is gone, it's just a matter of when....

CJ does not want to pay another coach not to coach-u can book it-Gase is not going anywhere this year and I honestly believe he comes back next year too. I think him and Joe at this point are a package and will have at least through next year no matter how bad things get.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Take it for what its worth.

Thank you for posting this...

But I strongly disagree with this article because the Gase record is not just the last FOUR GAMES!

It is simple, GASE has won 30 Games as a professional HC and he has 30 BLOW GAMES losses  to go along with those wins.

That is outrageous!

For example, Bill Parcells doesn't have 30 Blowout game losses in his entire career!