Did the Jets tell TV to take Gase’s name off pregame show? Tipping their hand?

I mean, I love what CJ has done for social awareness since the day he took over. Truly.

But the absolute disaster on this guy’s hands to chose a proven loser over Kliff, Rhule or McCarthy, and then hitch his wagon to said failure to the extent that he’s green lighting TV programs with the failure’s name on it as if the failure had any shot of magically transforming into a long term success.....just as stupid as stupid can possibly be.

I genuinely hope Chris stays out of the next coaching decision and focuses extensively on continuing the social causes and various Jets media/PR. He seems to have a pulse there. Leave the coaching decisions to Douglas.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

McCarthy isn’t going to make it to Year Two with the Cowboys and the Packers became an elite team simply by firing him, but sure. 

Funny how you're still the biggest Mangini shrill around even after his repeated failures across the league and not being in the league, but McCarthy can't get more than three games. Coincidentally, the Rex Jets became an elite team simply by firing Mangini as well, but sure. 

"Irregardless", nothing will ever absolve you of your Gase sins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I mean, I love what CJ has done for social awareness since the day he took over. Truly.

But the absolute disaster on this guy’s hands to chose a proven loser over Kliff, Rhule or McCarthy, and then hitch his wagon to said failure to the extent that he’s green lighting TV programs with the failure’s name on it as if the failure had any shot of magically transforming into a long term success.....just as stupid as stupid can possibly be.

I genuinely hope Chris stays out of the next coaching decision and focuses extensively on continuing the social causes and various Jets media/PR. He seems to have a pulse there. Leave the coaching decisions to Douglas.

So how’s McCarthy doing down in Dallas? Last I saw they’re 1-2. They’re loaded and losing. As for  Rhule and Kingsbury, they’re 1-2 and 2-1 respectively.  It’s not like they’re whirlwind coaches.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

So how’s McCarthy doing down in Dallas? Last I saw they’re 1-2. They’re loaded and losing. As for  Rhule and Kingsbury, they’re 1-2 and 2-1 respectively.  It’s not like they’re whirlwind coaches.

McCarthy should be 0-3 as well, if not for another Falcon melt down with a huge lead. The difference though is that the Cowboys are loaded with talent and the Jets aren't.

Just now, JBL7 said:

McCarthy should be 0-3 as well, if not for another Falcon melt down with a huge lead. The difference though is that the Cowboys are loaded with talent and the Jets aren't.

And the Jets should have been relegated to the Big East for their play so far in 2020.

Happily, "shoulda's" don't really matter.  Maybe we "shoulda" be better thna the dead last ranked Offense. 

But we are, in fact, the dead last ranked Offense, and the worst team in Football.

Hard to see McCarthy having done worse than that here, tbqh.  Could we be much worse than we are now?

This is gonna be another long term denial of reality just like the old Fitz vs. Geno argument.  We still have folks who think we shoulda played Geno because he shoulda been better because he shoulda been the better prospect......if only time, and weaponz.

Lol, we made the worst hire.  McCarthy, no matter how bad, couldn't be worse than we are with Gase.  

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

They hated Mark Sanchez because the buttfumble got them teased at the water cooler.

They hate Adam Gase because the googley eyes press conference got them teased at the water cooler.

Jets fans are the equivalent of that slave who pees himself in Gladiator.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He died for Maccagnan’s sins. 

Remember that time Idzik died for Rex and everything was going to get so much better now?  How long ago was that now?  Like, three decades?  Sure feels like it.

This team will fail no matter who runs what.

If I had three wishes, I would be tempted to burn one of them on having basically everybody from coaches to GM’s over the last 10 years forced to attend a steak dinner with myself.

I would start by having a beer and ordering my steak. I wouldn’t talk to a single one of them. I would make Mike, John, Todd, Adam etc. all sit and watch as I enjoy my beer wait for my steak and proceed to eat it at a medium pace

I would also order them not to talk to each other. Or anyone for that matter. They have to maintain eye contact with me.

after letting my food sit for a while I would proceed to unfold a list of crimes I have against them all. I would review them at a medium pace.

after that and only after that, would I allow each one of them exactly 1 minute as an opportunity to hear what they have to say for themselves. I would informed them that if I didn’t like that answer I would use my second wish on doing this every night for the rest of our lives until I do like the answer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If I had three wishes, I would be tempted to burn one of them on having basically everybody from coaches to GM’s over the last 10 years forced to attend a steak dinner with myself.

I would start by having a beer and ordering my steak. I wouldn’t talk to a single one of them. I would make Mike, John, Todd, Adam etc. all sit and watch as I enjoy my beer wait for my steak and proceed to eat it at a medium pace

I would also order them not to talk to each other. Or anyone for that matter. They have to maintain eye contact with me.

after letting my food sit for a while I would proceed to unfold a list of crimes I have against them all. I would review them at a medium pace.

after that and only after that, would I allow each one of them exactly 1 minute as an opportunity to hear what they have to say for themselves. I would informed them that if I didn’t like that answer I would use my second wish on doing this every night for the rest of our lives until I do like the answer.

Unless you are willing to accept them stating "I am an idiot" as an answer, you are just asking them to lie.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Infinite wishes.  We were looking for infinite wishes.  And something with a supermodel/actress.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

McCarthy isn’t going to make it to Year Two with the Cowboys and the Packers became an elite team simply by firing him, but sure. 

So, you are telling me that the HC who went 7-9 and 4-7-1 in his last two years with Aaron Rodgers as his QB may not be a great coach.  The same team that has been 16-3 since he left.

I never understood all of the McCarthy love.  He is a better Coach than Gase (you or I might be better coaches than Gase), but I can't see lamenting him as the one that got away.   I don't remember what our interest level was, but Matt Lafleur may be the one that got away (if we ever had a chance).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, you are telling me that the HC who went 6-9 and 4-7-1 in his last two years with Aaron Rodgers as his QB may not be a great coach.  The same team that has been 16-3 since he left.

I never understood all of the McCarthy love.  He is a better Coach than Gase (you or I might be better coaches than Gase), but I can't see lamenting him as the one that got away.   I don't remember what our interest level was, but Matt Lafleur may be the one that got away (if we ever had a chance).

Lafleur certainly might not be anything special.  But he's doing what McCarthy seemingly refused to do:  Get out of Aaron Rodgers' way and let him run the offense.