well well well

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Both the Ravens offensive and defensive coordinators (Roman and Martindale) are very high on Douglas’s list as of today.

makes sense right.

just sad that we screwed up Darnold. 

wonder what JD will do if we get a pick in the 4-7 range.  will he still go QB?

• Upvote 1

Just now, batman10023 said:

makes sense right.

5-7 is hard to say.

1-4??? I think he cuts the cord on Sam.

36 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

makes sense right.

I’d think JD would confer with his new head coach on that decision. If the Jets are picking that high, though, it’s hard to imagine the new coach wanting a year four with Sam rather than a fresh start with his own guy. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, it is nonsense, but it is why they fell in the draft?  You can't get excited that you got a "2nd round talent!" in the sixth round because they were injured and not acknowledge that the likelihood that their injuries would follow them to the NFL is why they were available. 

Jets fans don't go back and look at players who are productive but had injuries in college?  I guess that I am an older dude, but I remember Anthony Munoz' knee exam causing the Jets to pass being mentioned with missing on Marino, Sapp and Reed.

Your mixing two different things . Sure players draft status rises and falls based on the state of a player at draft time.  A player with a serious knee injury like a Nick Chubb  or even a Munoz will get drafted lower because they are a legit risk. Players who have had nagging injuries - ankles, shoulders, hammys get labeled injury prone which is what I'm calling nonsense . Because they have had nagging injuries in the past doesn't predict they will do so in the future. 

And your examples or Marino and Sapp are flawed because those two were flagged by scouts not due to injury but due to character issues - namely drugs . 

2 hours ago, varjet said:
  • Who at Jets Drive is responsible for hiring the medical, training and strength and conditioning staff?  They appear to be the least competent people in the building.  They should be Douglas’ responsibility, and he should be graded on how that improves.  If any is under Gase, that should be fixed with the new HC.
  • It is clear to me that the players believe that they can dog it with Gase as HC and have that not effect them long-term or short-term.   The injury situation is not an accident.  It is a deeper problem.  It is medical, training, conditioning and players not wanting to play for this team and HC.  

Something has to change, and JD will not get evaluated property unless his players are on the field.

Take a look around the league , players are dropping like flies .  Combine a BS CBA which allows the players a club med training camp and off season with a pandemic which eliminated the PS games and what would anyone expect . 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If any of that is true, that just confirms to us that the owners have zero clue what they’re doing. 

I wish I didn’t read any of that. 

I love the “Jets May not be sold on Douglas..” language. Who are the “Jets” exactly? Maintenance staff? Who are they polling beside El Johnson as to satisfaction with the General manager??

i hate this team. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Paradis said:

I love the “Jets May not be sold on Douglas..” language. Who are the “Jets” exactly? Maintenance staff? Who are they polling beside El Johnson as to satisfaction with the General manager??

i hate this team. 

Johnson's and the business side of the house. 

The only thing wrong with Joe Douglas so far is that he doesn’t actually have GM powers. He still splitting executive decision with Adam. Total bush league. 

He may or may not be the savior, but he’s so far from the weakest link right now

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Your mixing two different things . Sure players draft status rises and falls based on the state of a player at draft time.  A player with a serious knee injury like a Nick Chubb  or even a Munoz will get drafted lower because they are a legit risk. Players who have had nagging injuries - ankles, shoulders, hammys get labeled injury prone which is what I'm calling nonsense . Because they have had nagging injuries in the past doesn't predict they will do so in the future. 

And your examples or Marino and Sapp are flawed because those two were flagged by scouts not due to injury but due to character issues - namely drugs . 

What? 

I didn't use Marino or Sapp as injury cases.  I used them as examples, like Munoz, of Jets draft misses.  They were generally part of the trinity of Jets misses - I guess replaced by Bryan Thomas over Reed.

I get not believing in injury-prone, but nagging injuries?  Bless Austin?  Bryce Hall? Herndon? Jeremy Clarke?  Perriman missed a season with his knee and had injuries to the same knee a couple of other times.  He also had a couple of concussions and missed the combine with a hamstring.  I will admit that I don't know what Cashman missed time for and he is out with a groin.  Maybe he has been just dumb luck. 

25 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Take a look around the league , players are dropping like flies .  Combine a BS CBA which allows the players a club med training camp and off season with a pandemic which eliminated the PS games and what would anyone expect . 

This is certainly fair.  The offseason training certainly seems to have suffered and is looking really necessary.  The Jets are far from alone.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What? 

I didn't use Marino or Sapp as injury cases.  I used them as examples, like Munoz, of Jets draft misses.  They were generally part of the trinity of Jets misses - I guess replaced by Bryan Thomas over Reed.

I get not believing in injury-prone, but nagging injuries?  Bless Austin?  Bryce Hall? Herndon? Jeremy Clarke?  Perriman missed a season with his knee and had injuries to the same knee a couple of other times.  He also had a couple of concussions and missed the combine with a hamstring.  I will admit that I don't know what Cashman missed time for and he is out with a groin.  Maybe he has been just dumb luck. 

Perriman also has an incurable case of Stone Hands Disease 

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The only thing wrong with Joe Douglas so far is that he doesn’t actually have GM powers. He still splitting executive decision with Adam. Total bush league. 

He may or may not be the savior, but he’s so far from the weakest link right now

What executive decisions are they splitting? Not saying you're wrong, just looking for clarity.

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You'd be surprised to find out that many teams actually have the same structure.

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You'd be surprised to find out that many teams actually have the same structure.

Completely ridiculous. No business functions like that, in the sense of roster management. The owner isn’t a football mind. That necessitates a proper COO, or in this case a GM. there has to be a proper accountability loop for decisions to be leveraged against

i hate it. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, if you actually read the article, it’s basically saying Douglas would be in trouble if he didn’t fix the team with all of the draft capital he has + next year’s free agency class - but we already know that because we have upper primate brains.

So Pauline should probably STFU 

space and draft capital he acquired?…this seems like a stupid take to begin with. 

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

1-4 not really sure he has any other option.  unless Sam starts to magically light it up in 2h season when the line and wr start to gel - and we are losing games 31-27 (for example).

I woudnt be upset if we kept losing rest of season with our gase, all Im looking for is that we look like we actaully have a game plan and are competitive. I mean you can lose everygame in two ways, 1 is we just dont have the talent and are getting beat. Or what we have and is wrothy of firing Gase, and tha tis we are blown out, no gameplan or use of basic football concepts.

15 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Let’s be real. Joe Douglas signed a bunch of mid-tier free agents to one year prove it deals. They haven’t worked out, but it’s not egregious enough to get him fired. 

Tony Pauline is pretty locked into the Jets (first to report McCagnan outage) so when there is smoke there is fire. I’m thinking CJ wasn’t prepared for this level of ineptitude. 

It would not surprise me, considering the cluelessness of CJ and the reporting structure, that Gase ran to CJ complaining that Douglas' moves have made the team worse and he (Gase) has nothing to work with.  CJ then opens his eyes and sees - 1) We signed 3 new OL and our OL has not improved much.  2) We signed two WRs, one opts out and the other has played one game and didnt show much in that one game. 3) Douglas relied on Herndon, Griffin and Wesco to fill out the TE position and all three suck. and 4) All we have to show for the draft is a potential franchise LT who fell to Douglas and nothing else.  So CJ sits back while sipping on $5,000/bottle wine while getting his mani-pedi and thinks....hmmm maybe Adam has a point.

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

It was pretty easy to predict injuries to Perriman, Zuniga, Cashman and Hall. 

Im talking more about signing players with cronic conditions that may plague them if you sign them via FA or the draft. Example I would blame JD if he drafted a guy like Dwayne Robertson but I wont blame him for soft tissue Injuries that happen 

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe. But guys milking injuries while getting guaranteed millions is a thing. JD's draft analysis like Maccagnan's may not have been comprehensive enough in terms of finding guys who love football.

Or they're just injured. 

?