****The Official Broncos @ Jets Gameday Thread****

Ghost

14 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Gase is making a point with Josh Smith in the lineup.  Sending him deep often trying to show us that he has plays more than 7 yards if he just had the horses.  I don’t know i believe him but I appreciate the gesture.

U know actually Darnold can’t make these throws 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Darnold isnt absolved of blame, but I would like for a couple games to at least see him with SOMETHING resembling NFL talent around him at least. 

Its amazing how the Jets have never done that.  Then, you have a GM who has had one off season, rebuilds the Oline with a franchise LT, and we want him gone.  Give Douglas another year and this could look a lot different.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, I‘m numb to so much of what goes on with the Jets, but when you get the announcers who are ex-QBs expressing straight-up pity for Darnold, it’s tough to take. Aikman is doing it tonight and Romo did it last year. It’s like, they know how hopeless this situation has been for any QB, but our entire franchise seems blind to it. 

good timing lol

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good QB's occasionally throw people open.  Just saying.  Sanchez never did it.  Darnold rarely does it.  Good QB's do it.

You can say the WRs are trash compared to the rest of the league, and that would be true.  But Crowder and Jeff Smith have looked good.  

Agreed. 

But this team desperately needs Mims to be good. 

• Upvote 2

Back shoulders are predicated on both the WR and QB knowing the pass is going that way.  No idea what you’re talking about.

In certain cases the play may be designed for a back shoulder but QB’s and Receiver with established rapport should be able to make those adjustments on the fly as well. If a defender is ahead of the receiver, many times a QB will throw back shoulder. It’s up to the receiver to read the coverage and adjust.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

If these announcers think this QB is beating Sam, let's try this - let them switch teams for a week and see how bad Sam looks and how good Ripen looks - not saying Sam is great or Ripen sucks, but let's be real, Sam under pressure all game throwing to mostly guys that couldn't get ball boy jobs on other teams and Ripen's jersey is clean throwing to tremendous talent.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’d say that probably didn’t help that Cager blew whatever he had left of a hamstring, but that’s just me and my two functioning eyeballs.

He stepped funny bc he wasn't expecting the back shoulder throw. You can tell by the way he reacts 

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

How can even the most obtuse, stubborn, arrogant owner not recognize at this point that Gase not only needs to go, but should also get a code red style beating on the way out???

They dont care about winning 

Only care about making money