Gase Safe per Ian Rapoport

SR24

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you have a roster that is capable of 5 wins when healthy, you don't start thinking the coach is making things worse until he has a) his injured players back and b) his 12th loss.

Raise your hand if you had the Jets opening 3-0?  Anyone?  Anyone?  How about 2-1?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Then shut up.

SAR I

Vegas had the Jets under/over on wins at 6.5 (I'm guessing that assumes reasonable health).

As for who had the Jets opening 3-0, I'm pretty sure I remember there was one person on this forum who thought they'd start 5-0.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Sweet hot take by Joe but missing the point of the article.  What good does firing Adam Gase do other than appeasing a bunch of knuckleheads?  This team is the least talent in the entire NFL and Sam Darnold isnt going to miraculously recover because of a coaching change. 

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE.

That's the key part right there.  If the Jets are going 2-14 with Gase then they're going either 2-14 or 3-13 with someone else, and whether the interim HC or the changes made would do anything to help Darnold are completely unknown.

That said, if this train wreck is still rolling down the tracks on fire in a few week the Jets would have almost no choice.  I've often said, "it can't get any uglier" but somehow it does with this team.  If they're still losing games by 15+ points each week come the Bye then Gase has to be gone.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Sar most times jet fans actually do know more. I was sitting there at the draft when the jets took obrien over marino. I was there when the entire place was screaming for Sapp and the jets took Kyle Brady. I cringed when the Jets took a QB  from PSU that could not hit a WR if his life depended on it. Most fans knew pretty quickly that Iz a dick and Mac were terrible at their jobs and the same goes for Bowles and Herm. Most fans know Gase is terrible. He was fired for cause at his last job and should be fired here as well. Before the season started you posted the Jets could be 5-0-I posted and happy to bump the quote that jets would be 0-5 or at best 1-4 and I was not alone in this belief.

The recipe for success is just like most other businesses-have good leadership at the top and hire PROVEN winners . The Jets don't have good leadership aka the owners and they rarely ever (besides Parcells ) bring in a proven commodity.

Same here, I had the same reactions to all those calamities.

But then too, like me, you should also be clairvoyant enough to know that if the Johnson's got rid of Gase, in this current condition with this current roster and this inconsistent quarterback and this vicious media and this awful fanbase, this would be the worst job in the NFL.  And no great head coach or great head coaching prospect would ever come here under these circumstances.

SAR I

Where there is smoke there is fire.  Something is going on at the Jets,  but not what the fans think. 

Darnold needs better coaching.  My guess is that Gase is pointing to his contract and refusing to mix up the staff in the obvious way.  

I think Gase has basically been fired.  The Jets are putting feelers out to get a jump on candidates.  This will be a tough year.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

After reading that there really is no hope here.  Honestly we are all just wasting our time.

If true.

There is no chance Gase gets fired till after the season is over.  The Johnsons don't do mid-season firings.

You (and all of us) may as well accept that fact now, it'll save us pain later.  If a firing comes, it'll be after the end of the season.

If it comes....

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, seriously.  I thought the Jets were going to be healthy.  And I said that in July, before Mosley opted-out and Jamal forced-out.

As the only person who thought we were capable of 10-6 I should be the most upset at 0-3.  But I am also one of the few who is rational and realize I can't have those expectations when we are this beat up.

SAR I

Was just messing with ya. I knew the date of the "prediction" and am in agreement with the current injury situation.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Vegas had the Jets under/over on wins at 6.5 (I'm guessing that assumes reasonable health).

As for who had the Jets opening 3-0, I'm pretty sure I remember there was one person on this forum who thought they'd start 5-0.

I don't run from that.  In fact, I stand by that.  It was July, Mosley and Jamal were still with the team.  We had no injuries.  We had no evidence that Darnold was going to forget how to play.  The Bills, 49ers, and Colts were all beatable on the days we played them and Denver is beat up too.  

The point is that for those who thought the Jets were 5-11 or 6-10, the team is meeting your expectations.  So stop crying.  The time for tears was back in July when you decided we were still years away from being competitive.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But then too, like me, you should also be clairvoyant enough to know that if the Johnson's got rid of Gase, in this current condition with this current roster and this inconsistent quarterback and this vicious media and this awful fanbase, this would be the worst job in the NFL.  And no great head coach or great head coaching prospect would ever come here under these circumstances.

SAR I

It's been the worst job in the NFL since 1969

don't kid yourself

• Sympathy 1

Basically, Joe Douglas was not the Jets first choice although he was highly regarded. The Jets brass is not hugely impressed with his performance so far and are going to rely on this upcoming offseason to evaluate him. As for Gase, he is safe unless this next game is a blowout. Also the locker room is very much behind the coach and impressed with his ability to keep the team together. However, the defense and offense both see the other as incompetent. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

838295532_EeyoreJets.JPG.20417bfded8b2c232ccaba24f28a4351.JPG

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

https://twitter.com/pfn365/status/1311642781476061184?s=21

Interesting stuff from Pauline. He’s been on point the last year so I can’t make fun of him like usual.

Basically, Joe Douglas was not the Jets first choice although he was highly regarded. The Jets brass is not hugely impressed with his performance so far and are going to rely on this upcoming offseason to evaluate him. As for Gase, he is safe unless this next game is a blowout. Also the locker room is very much behind the coach and impressed with his ability to keep the team together. However, the defense and offense both see the other as incompetent. 

I hate them so much. You can’t give a GM six year contract and then say ehh I expected us to be better by now. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

https://twitter.com/pfn365/status/1311642781476061184?s=21

Interesting stuff from Pauline. He’s been on point the last year so I can’t make fun of him like usual.

Both the offense and the defense would be correct.

17 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I hate them so much. You can’t give a GM six year contract and then say ehh I expected us to be better by now. 

That’s not really what’s said here. It’s more a concern about what happens next. Joe Douglas built a war chest but he has to use it properly otherwise the team will sour quickly on him. It’s the same kinda thing that happened to Idzik who built a war chest and then failed to draft anything remotely useable.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Sweet hot take by Joe but missing the point of the article.  What good does firing Adam Gase do other than appeasing a bunch of knuckleheads?  This team is the least talent in the entire NFL and Sam Darnold isnt going to miraculously recover because of a coaching change. 

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE.

The “good” that comes from firing Adam Gase can turn exponentially “good”, in that you might better be able to evaluate what is now and what will DEFINITELY be a very broken Sam Darnold who at present is totally demoralized and regressing at warp speed while being “tutored” by a total disaster non HC named Adam Gase and his little King of Queens guy flunky Loggains.  Gase never played football personally past high school.  Has Loggains played football ANYWHERE?  If he did it was in an elementary school schoolyard and he looks like the “last kid picked”.

So these are the two that supreme moron Chris Johnson entrusted the development of a Kid that the team invested a Top 3 pick on along with 3 2’s.   There is STILL a chance to try to evaluate that investment over the next 12 games, but now that chance is moot.  The clown Johnson, in order to try to save face after calling a guy whose Offense’s finish near last or dead last (just last year), an “offensive genius” only 2 weeks ago, totally disregarding what is now YEARS of poor offensive coaching.

The funny part is that if fans were allowed in the stands and were able to embarrass the 2 Dweeb owners in front of the world....Gase would be fired.  But now Johnson feels he can double, triple and quadruple down on just one of the most hideous mistakes ever made by the Jets in a sea of hideous mistakes.  The hiring of Adam Gase and the subsequent destruction of what once looked like a potential Franchise QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No, the hope here is that your head coach can turn things around,  Which is what every Jets fan should be rooting for.

If rooting for your head coach to fail and rooting for intentional losses for draft picks gets you off, go root for the Knicks.  The Jets are actually trying to do it the right way here, and it takes some patience.

SAR I

Yes the problem is the fact this organization thinks Hope, and wishing is a great strategy for a successful team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Silver lining: if the Johnsons are serious about retaining Gase for the rest of the season (and then fire him after week 17), our chances of getting the top pick are pretty high. 

That’s the only optimism I can muster from this sh*tshow.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure how significant it is, but most mock drafts have several teams finishing with a worse record than the Jets.

This very recent one has them selecting at #5. So, I would imagine that means they are projecting the jets to go 4-9 the rest of the way. That probably keeps Gase employed this year.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2021-nfl-mock-draft-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-trey-lance-updated-week-4/amp/

BTW, it has them going edge, OL, CB, WR,  RB in the first 3 rounds. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The “good” that comes from firing Adam Gase can turn exponentially “good”, in that you might better be able to evaluate what is now and what will DEFINITELY be a very broken Sam Darnold who at present is totally demoralized and regressing at warp speed while being “tutored” by a total disaster non HC named Adam Gase and his little King of Queens guy flunky Loggains.  Gase never played football personally past high school.  Has Loggains played football ANYWHERE?  If he did it was in an elementary school schoolyard and he looks like the “last kid picked”.

So these are the two that supreme moron Chris Johnson entrusted the development of a Kid that the team invested a Top 3 pick on along with 3 2’s.   There is STILL a chance to try to evaluate that investment over the next 12 games, but now that chance is moot.  The clown Johnson, in order to try to save face after calling a guy whose Offense’s finish near last or dead last (just last year), an “offensive genius” only 2 weeks ago, totally disregarding what is now YEARS of poor offensive coaching.

The funny part is that if fans were allowed in the stands and were able to embarrass the 2 Dweeb owners in front of the world....Gase would be fired.  But now Johnson feels he can double, triple and quadruple down on just one of the most hideous mistakes ever made by the Jets in a sea of hideous mistakes.  The hiring of Adam Gase and the subsequent destruction of what once looked like a potential Franchise QB.

jack nicholson yes GIF

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

that is not true at all

it is a money world and most are motivated by money and ego or both but the dollar  usually wins out. 

the jets will have to over  pay  significantly to get a proven commodity be it a coach or a gm but that is what companies do all of the time to  attract top talent to bad situations.  Many proven winners like a challenge and know that NY market is the best of the best when you build something good.

As a psl owner and a fan with over 300 games in person, I dont mind rebuilds what I do mind is the people the jets put in place to do the rebuilds and the fact that the teams are not even competitive or entertaining.

I would argue most fans would have patience and hope if the jets brought in a PROVEN winner. An example the folks in Chicago they were dying for a baseball champion so what did they do-they brought in a  proven winner in theo-gave him a big bag of money and let him to his thing.

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Not sure how significant it is, but most mock drafts have several teams finishing with a worse record than the Jets.

This very recent one has them selecting at #5. So, I would imagine that means they are projecting the jets to go 4-9 the rest of the way. That probably keeps Gase employed this year.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2021-nfl-mock-draft-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-trey-lance-updated-week-4/amp/

BTW, it has them going edge, OL, CB, WR,  RB in the first 3 rounds. 

Even non-Jets fans know how bad this organization is at tanking properly

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, varjet said:

Where there is smoke there is fire.  Something is going on at the Jets,  but not what the fans think. 

Darnold needs better coaching.  My guess is that Gase is pointing to his contract and refusing to mix up the staff in the obvious way.  

I think Gase has basically been fired.  The Jets are putting feelers out to get a jump on candidates.  This will be a tough year.

Completely agree. He's not surviving beyond this season.  It's just a matter of if he's fired in-season or not.  I'm not completely sold on the reporting that says he's safe for the season.  

58 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

It's been the worst job in the NFL since 1969

don't kid yourself

Exactly.  So we need to stop doing what we've been doing since 1969.  And that starts with a GM and HC that are on the same page and are given the time to build something lasting.

So you being Whiner #1 on JN and pleading for the Jets to blow up that strategy and fire another head coach and get someone out of sync with the GM and into another get-rich-quick scheme with free agents and traded draft picks is 100% counter to what you are asking for.  You want change but you aren't strong enough for change.  So it's knee-jerk city, again, just like fans have been doing for 50 years.  

Changing a culture and changing a strategy doesn't happen overnight.  Get onboard or get lost.  Not for me, for your own sake. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, the hope here is that your head coach can turn things around,  Which is what every Jets fan should be rooting for.

If rooting for your head coach to fail and rooting for intentional losses for draft picks gets you off, go root for the Knicks.  The Jets are actually trying to do it the right way here, and it takes some patience.

SAR I

I do think the Jets are trying to build the team the right way. That doesn't mean we have to be patient with the HC. The GM is who needs our patience. I personally think that, regardless of how JD is building the roster, with Gase here the team will never reach its potential.  I'm ok with waiting for JD to finish his roster rebuild but I'm not ok with the team getting absolutely embarrassed every week and looking so totally unprepared for the games. That's on Gase and him alone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

There is no chance Gase gets fired till after the season is over.  The Johnsons don't do mid-season firings.

You (and all of us) may as well accept that fact now, it'll save us pain later.  If a firing comes, it'll be after the end of the season.

If it comes....

No one thought McCarthy would get fired mid-season, ditto Ron Rivera. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If you want Adam Gase to be fired after tonight you better pray that the Jets get embarrassed tonight. 

I don't think we have to pray.  This has been happening with regularity and there's no indication that it won't happen again.  Anything but a resounding win against a 3rd string QB tonight should be viewed as an embarrassment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you have a roster that is capable of 5 wins when healthy, you don't start thinking the coach is making things worse until he has a) his injured players back and b) his 12th loss.

Raise your hand if you had the Jets opening 3-0?  Anyone?  Anyone?  How about 2-1?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Then shut up.

SAR I

It's about how they've been losing.  They aren't even competitive. I expected 6-8 wins this year and that all depended on Darnolds play. What I didn't expect is to watch Darnold regress as badly as he has and for the team to look lost on both sides of the ball. Losing isn't the issue,  it's how they're losing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1