Gase Safe per Ian Rapoport

SR24

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

No one thought McCarthy would get fired mid-season, ditto Ron Rivera. 

Exactly. 

You have to remember that we are still just starting week 4. The season is extremely long when you get blown out every week. There's a lot of time for the embarrassment to become unbearable, especially for the Johnsons, who routinely cave to media pressure. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Sweet hot take by Joe but missing the point of the article.  What good does firing Adam Gase do other than appeasing a bunch of knuckleheads?  This team is the least talent in the entire NFL and Sam Darnold isnt going to miraculously recover because of a coaching change. 

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE.

it gets Gase away from Darnold and not calling plays. It gets Dowall Loser away from Darnold

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

he ran a terrible offense with the dolphins I honestly dont know why anybody thought he would do differently here and some still try and defend him.

I defend him because I think in searching for a great offensive mind we accidentally discovered a really good head coach which is much harder to do.  Good offensive coordinators are comparatively easy to find.

Let Gase be a traditional HC and manage the team.  Let Gregg continue as a traditional DC and manage the D.  Let's go hire the best and brightest offensive mind and make that person the OC.  Crossing the streams between Gase the HC and Gase the OC muddies the waters. 

I'm fighting for Gase the HC.  I think if you step back and look at him just in that role, you might too.  He's cool as a cucumber.  He's headstrong.  He's confident.  He manages the negativity.  He cleans the culture.  He is unaffected by the vicious media.  The players and coaches respect him.  Last year's turnaround was impressive.  I think we've found a really good head coach.  Let's go get a great offensive coordinator.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

I'm fighting for Gase the HC.  I think if you step back and look at him just in that role, you might too.  He's cool as a cucumber.  He's headstrong.  He's confident.  He manages the media.  He is unaffected by the vicious media.  The players and coaches respect him.  Last year's turnaround was impressive.  I think we've found a really good head coach.  Let's go get a great offensive coordinator.

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Same here, I had the same reactions to all those calamities.

But then too, like me, you should also be clairvoyant enough to know that if the Johnson's got rid of Gase, in this current condition with this current roster and this inconsistent quarterback and this vicious media and this awful fanbase, this would be the worst job in the NFL.  And no great head coach or great head coaching prospect would ever come here under these circumstances.

SAR I

Gase is RESPONSIBLE for this "inconsistent QB". He was hired to develop Darnold.  That was literally said at the press conference by the Owner. He's failed at that, obviously. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

But they do care, JiF.  The fans are wrong.  So the Jets don't have to listen to their feedback.

SAR I

No, like, they really dont.  Maybe they will in the future, hopefully but they legit, do not care about winning Football games in 2020.  Maybe they starting caring in 2023.  But this year? Nah, they dont care.  I mean, you can lie to yourself and act like they dont but you dont put a pathetic team like this together, most of them on 1 year contracts and then trade your best player because you're trying to win.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

That's the key part right there.  If the Jets are going 2-14 with Gase then they're going either 2-14 or 3-13 with someone else, and whether the interim HC or the changes made would do anything to help Darnold are completely unknown.

That said, if this train wreck is still rolling down the tracks on fire in a few week the Jets would have almost no choice.  I've often said, "it can't get any uglier" but somehow it does with this team.  If they're still losing games by 15+ points each week come the Bye then Gase has to be gone.

I highly doubt it but I guess we shall see.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I defend him because I think in searching for a great offensive mind we accidentally discovered a really good head coach which is much harder to do.  Good offensive coordinators are comparatively easy to find.

Let Gase be a traditional HC and manage the team.  Let Gregg continue as a traditional DC and manage the D.  Let's go hire the best and brightest offensive mind and make that person the OC.  Crossing the streams between Gase the HC and Gase the OC muddies the waters. 

I'm fighting for Gase the HC.  I think if you step back and look at him just in that role, you might too.  He's cool as a cucumber.  He's headstrong.  He's confident.  He manages the negativity.  He cleans the culture.  He is unaffected by the vicious media.  The players and coaches respect him.  Last year's turnaround was impressive.  I think we've found a really good head coach.  Let's go get a great offensive coordinator.

SAR I

Troll post of the year. You're fooling no one. 

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So, you are telling me that if the Jets lose 38-7 tonight and Darnold sh*ts the bed again, Gase is absolutely safe? 

Read what you just wrote.

The Jets defense gives up 38 points to an awful offense.  The Jets quarterback throws pick sixes and endzone interceptions against a beat up defense.  

So instead of firing the Jets defensive coordinator and replacing the Jets quarterback you want to fire the Jets head coach.

Welcome To SOJF 101.  How to be miserable and make things worse all at the same time.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If you want Adam Gase to be fired after tonight you better pray that the Jets get embarrassed tonight. 

If the O is competent and the D is embarrassed, does he still get fired? Or, does he get a pass because he is HC in title only and really only coaches the offense?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets defense gives up 38 points to an awful offense.  The Jets quarterback throws pick sixes and endzone interceptions against a beat up defense.  

So instead of firing the Jets defensive coordinator and replacing the Jets quarterback you want to fire the Jets head coach.

SAR I

The head coach is responsible for the entire team

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Yeah, I'm not feeling particularly enthusiastic about watching games while Gase is the head coach. That being said, if the Jets can beat Brett Rypien off a short week while the Broncos travel cross country, they come into week 5 with a bunch of guys (Bell, Mims) coming off the IR to play the Cardinals (who just lost to the Lions) at home. I have no reason to believe the Jets will win any games this year the way they are currently playing, but a 2-3 start isn't that far fetched. 

Let’s hope they turn it around. Still not a big Gase fan.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Welcome To SOJF 101.  How to be miserable and make things worse all at the same time.

SAR I

You're saying if the QB and defense sh*t the bed, the head coach shouldn't be held accountable? Get your head out of your ass. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

triple h agree GIF by WWE

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the O is competent and the D is embarrassed, does he still get fired? Or, does he get a pass because he is HC in title only and really only coaches the offense?

I think embarrassment is the only way he gets fired.  He's responsible for the whole team and their preparedness. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly. 

You have to remember that we are still just starting week 4. The season is extremely long when you get blown out every week. There's a lot of time for the embarrassment to become unbearable, especially for the Johnsons, who routinely cave to media pressure. 

If the Johnson's cave to media pressure its because of $$ , so why would they then pay yet another HC 

34 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that is not true at all

it is a money world and most are motivated by money and ego or both but the dollar  usually wins out. 

the jets will have to over  pay  significantly to get a proven commodity be it a coach or a gm but that is what companies do all of the time to  attract top talent to bad situations.  Many proven winners like a challenge and know that NY market is the best of the best when you build something good.

As a psl owner and a fan with over 300 games in person, I dont mind rebuilds what I do mind is the people the jets put in place to do the rebuilds and the fact that the teams are not even competitive or entertaining.

I would argue most fans would have patience and hope if the jets brought in a PROVEN winner. An example the folks in Chicago they were dying for a baseball champion so what did they do-they brought in a  proven winner in theo-gave him a big bag of money and let him to his thing.

Bill Belichick
Mike Tomlin
Andy Reid
John Harbaugh
Pete Carroll

These guys are old, have a net worth in the $25M to $50M range and, most importantly, are beloved by their owners and their communities.  You think that if we threw 2x money at them they'd come here to work 10x as hard, see their reputations soiled, see their families humiliated by fan's planes buzzing their homes, reading news and listening to sports talk about by "anonymous sources", and subject themselves to muttering fans at their local grocery store parroting every word the viscous media feeds them?  I don't.  Comes a time when you don't need any more money and peace of mind is far more important.

SAR I

52 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The “good” that comes from firing Adam Gase can turn exponentially “good”, in that you might better be able to evaluate what is now and what will DEFINITELY be a very broken Sam Darnold who at present is totally demoralized and regressing at warp speed while being “tutored” by a total disaster non HC named Adam Gase and his little King of Queens guy flunky Loggains.  Gase never played football personally past high school.  Has Loggains played football ANYWHERE?  If he did it was in an elementary school schoolyard and he looks like the “last kid picked”.

So these are the two that supreme moron Chris Johnson entrusted the development of a Kid that the team invested a Top 3 pick on along with 3 2’s.   There is STILL a chance to try to evaluate that investment over the next 12 games, but now that chance is moot.  The clown Johnson, in order to try to save face after calling a guy whose Offense’s finish near last or dead last (just last year), an “offensive genius” only 2 weeks ago, totally disregarding what is now YEARS of poor offensive coaching.

The funny part is that if fans were allowed in the stands and were able to embarrass the 2 Dweeb owners in front of the world....Gase would be fired.  But now Johnson feels he can double, triple and quadruple down on just one of the most hideous mistakes ever made by the Jets in a sea of hideous mistakes.  The hiring of Adam Gase and the subsequent destruction of what once looked like a potential Franchise QB.

I'm not a fan of Gase and Loggains, I just dont see how you can evaluate this team any better with them than you can without. The team, is terrible and injury plagued.  It's basically changing deck chairs on the titanic.  I know everyone loves Greg Williams and see's what he did in Cleveland but that team is/was loaded.  Totally different than the Jets.  Night and day.  Like top 5/10 talent vs. bottom 30/31.  The  Jets are terrible, worst team in the league from a talent perspective and they didnt plan on winning this year, like, at all.   They traded their best player right before the start of camp.  So they dont care and wont fire him and it wouldnt matter anyway. 

And the other factor; Sam is soft. He apparently really likes Gase and actually was part of the decision making process to bring him in.  You think he's broken now?  Wait till he blames himself for getting Gase fired.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Gase is RESPONSIBLE for this "inconsistent QB". He was hired to develop Darnold.  That was literally said at the press conference by the Owner. He's failed at that, obviously. 

His title is "Head Coach" and he's very good at that.

He, perhaps, should stop being the Offensive Coordinator and hire someone better.

Go ahead, be an emotional knee-jerk fan and fire Gase the OC.  But don't you dare fire Gase the HC.  He's looking very good.

SAR I

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

No, like, they really dont.  Maybe they will in the future, hopefully but they legit, do not care about winning Football games in 2020.  Maybe they starting caring in 2023.  But this year? Nah, they dont care.  I mean, you can lie to yourself and act like they dont but you dont put a pathetic team like this together, most of them on 1 year contracts and then trade your best player because you're trying to win.  

I believe they are trying to build a strong core that can provide sustained success for a decade.  Douglas is clearly vetting the team.  Short contracts and draft pick stockpiling, smart drafting and malcontent purging.

Short term, if your paper-thin roster is injured, very painful.  Long term, we become the Steelers, Chiefs, Broncos, Ravens, the types of teams who are always competitive and never need a full rebuild.  The types of teams that we say have great ownership and an actual plan.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

His title is "Head Coach" and he's very good at that.

He, perhaps, should stop being the Offensive Coordinator and hire someone better.

Go ahead, be an emotional knee-jerk fan and fire Gase the OC.  But don't you dare fire Gase the HC.  He's looking very good.

SAR I

But he was hired to develop Darnold as well.  That's why he got the job. Christopher Johnson said as much in the introduction presser. So if that's why he got hired and he has failed miserably at that then why should he be safe? And Gase the HC has LED this team to 3 straight non competitive ass kicking in a row. One against a team more decimated with injuries than the Jets. He's embarrassing the organization on a National level. The Jets have become more of a joke in 3 weeks than they've been in the last 5 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bill Belichick
Mike Tomlin
Andy Reid
John Harbaugh
Pete Carroll

These guys are old, have a net worth in the $25M to $50M range and, most importantly, are beloved by their owners and their communities.  You think that if we threw 2x money at them they'd come here to work 10x as hard, see their reputations soiled, see their families humiliated by fan's planes buzzing their homes, reading news and listening to sports talk about by "anonymous sources", and subject themselves to muttering fans at their local grocery store parroting every word the viscous media feeds them?  I don't.  Comes a time when you don't need any more money and peace of mind is far more important.

SAR I

I would focus on a proven GM and let him hire the coach but in sports history there are tons highly paid  players/ coachs /and gms that went to teams folks thought they never would go to-often teams were "the enemy" other times bad situations.

Usually Money or Ego or both is the reason.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So you think Gase is managing the whole team (meaning the defense as well as the offense) yet you constantly blame GW when it comes to our crappy defense.  That makes it even more puzzling that you would defend Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

But he was hired to develop Darnold as well.  That's why he got the job. Christopher Johnson said as much in the introduction presser. So if that's why he got hired and he has failed miserably at that then why should he be safe? And Gase the HC has LED this team to 3 straight non competitive ass kicking in a row. One against a team more decimated with injuries than the Jets. He's embarrassing the organization on a National level. The Jets have become more of a joke in 3 weeks than they've been in the last 5 years. 

And we are basing that off of 3 games this season ?? Remember Sam lost a large chunk of last season with Mono, he looked pretty good in game 1 last year against Buf and then down the stretch last season . Did Gase say to him in the offseason video calls - Sam forget about what you did last year , we're gonna do something different this year to screw you up. Injuries , an Oline gelling and a terrible Defense are all playing into the lack of competetiveness , let's see what happens when we get real NFL calibre players back on the field 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What a bunch of whining bitches.  

"The Jets always win meaningless games to ruin their draft spot!"  "How dare they keep Gase on if he loses tonight!"

Changing the head coach is not going to salvage the season.  Therefore, I see no reason to do it.  It isn't going to fix Sam because the interim will have to either run the same O, or Sam won't have time to learn it. 

I get feeling hopeless and not being optimistic watching the game tonight.  I do not understand how you think promoting Gregg ******* Williams to interim is going to solve any of that.

I want to fire both Gase and Williams and promote Jim Bob Cooter.

I mean, c'mon, who couldn't get behind Jim Bob Cooter?

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wasn't it Xavier Rhodes who picked off the pass , isn't he the CB . Again I suspect Sam was expecting Cager a first time starter to sit flat on the pattern instead he curled out. Still a bad pass , but those are timing plays and I'd expect issues throwing to a wr playing his first live NFL game. 

My criticism of the play is going after Rhodes with a rookie on both the first pass and eZ pick , but I guess you could argue in that game Cager was potentially their biggest weapon..

Defenses play that way because right now the Jets have no one on offense that scares them. 

I was specifically talking about The 1st play of the game but you can look at the jets offense and the way it is run  the way its called, and the way it is designed, it is all incoherent. We were worried that with McCarthy we would be getting an outdated offense...With Gase, we got acompletely inept and poorly designed offense that would not have worked in any era of football. 

Compared to Adam Gase, Brian Schottenheimer is Air Coryell and Bill Walsh rolled up into 1.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The problem is, even if any of this were true or offered...Gase has vehemently refused ever having any true offensive coordinator or even QB coach. We know what is Loggains is, and it’s not an OC or even a QB coach. He’s Gase’s piss boy.

He stated upon hire that most of his time would be spent with Sam, who has regressed marginally under his watchful eye. With the offense ranked dead last in 2019, Gase made 0 changes to the offensive staff. Gase is the offense and to hire an offensive coordinator to run the offense is akin to him firing himself. It won’t happen.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Squeak out win. Then go on to get blown out by Cardinals. “We just gotta execute, they’re a good team”. 

I hope we lose, whatever it takes to expedite Gase’s exit.

But...its so JETS to expect that we probably win this one 17-16 or some garbage like that against the Broncos JV team, while ownership gives a “see we just need to let Adam right the ship” comment after the game.

But if you look at the schedule, tonight really is the only winnable game for us, and that’s all due to the major injuries Denver has. After tonight, l legitimately only see maybe 1 more possible win (one of the Miami games we’ll probably split).

So, 1-15 / 2-14 should be us at the top of the draft.

Hopefully, SOMEHOW Sam can get through the season and show enough that he’s retained and given a shot with a new coaching staff...yet we still manage to get the top pick and trade out for a haul.