Gase Safe per Ian Rapoport

SR24

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, I'm not feeling particularly enthusiastic about watching games while Gase is the head coach. That being said, if the Jets can beat Brett Rypien off a short week while the Broncos travel cross country, they come into week 5 with a bunch of guys (Bell, Mims) coming off the IR to play the Cardinals (who just lost to the Lions) at home. I have no reason to believe the Jets will win any games this year the way they are currently playing, but a 2-3 start isn't that far fetched. 

Also, Hopkins is having a problem with his ankle and if it continues it might be the only way we can cover him.

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Hopefully, SOMEHOW Sam can get through the season and show enough that he’s retained and given a shot with a new coaching staff...yet we still manage to get the top pick and trade out for a haul.

I like Darnold, but Darnold year 3 is not looking like Wentz did, or Goff.  

If I have the top pick I am trying my luck with a new rookie QB and new rookie contract with a better OL.  This year is about making Darnold looking decent so we can trade him to the Saints or Buccaneers. 

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I hate this ownership as much as I hate the Wilpons. Too bad Cohen can't buy the Jets too. 

Eventually the Johnson will realize that they are dragging down the $ value of the Jets like the Wilpons were, and then they will sell the team.  

The Johnsons will ask too much money, like the Wilpons did.  And then someone will surprisingly pay it, because there are only 32 NFL teams, and only two for NYC.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Eventually the Johnson will realize that they are dragging down the $ value of the Jets like the Wilpons were, and then they will sell the team.  

The Johnsons will ask too much money, like the Wilpons did.  And then someone will surprisingly pay it, because there are only 32 NFL teams, and only two for NYC.

the jet thing would be for the johnsons to sell to an ownership group headed by the wilpons and james dolan

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

If I have the top pick I am trying my luck with a new rookie QB and new rookie contract with a better OL.  This year is about making Darnold looking decent so we can trade him to the Saints or Buccaneers. 

I agree. It’s more of a hope than expectation. Just really hope Sam can be saved.

51 minutes ago, varjet said:

To be fair, Darnold year 3 is the same, perhaps slightly better, than Wentz year 5.

I was hoping that this is the week, but I always felt it was unlikely. The best chance is when we head into the bye week at 1-8. If Gase sticks around all year, there is no way the team doesn't implode and keep losing games so I think we have a good shot at the top pick. That might be the play from JD here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The head coach is responsible for the entire team

No, that's not what you told me last year.  You told me Gase had nothing to do with the success of the defense, that was all Gregg Williams.

So if Gregg was your hero last year, Gregg's your goat this year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

No, that's not what you told me last year.  You told me Gase had nothing to do with the success of the defense, that was all Gregg Williams.

So if Gregg was your hero last year, Gregg's your goat this year.

SAR I

Eh, I guess you're right. We can't expect the head coach to worry about the defense. That's asking too much. Gase needs to focus on his offense so he can maintain his league worst 1.16 points per drive. 

Great point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was specifically talking about The 1st play of the game but you can look at the jets offense and the way it is run  the way its called, and the way it is designed, it is all incoherent. We were worried that with McCarthy we would be getting an outdated offense...With Gase, we got acompletely inept and poorly designed offense that would not have worked in any era of football. 

Compared to Adam Gase, Brian Schottenheimer is Air Coryell and Bill Walsh rolled up into 1.

And if we had Brian Schottenheimer again Jet fans would be wanting Adam Gase - its what Jet fans do. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I guess you're right. We can't expect the head coach to worry about the defense. That's asking too much. Gase needs to focus on his offense so he can maintain his league worst 1.16 points per drive. 

Great point. 

Just be consistent.  Stop moving the firing squad.

SARI

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

......the locker room is very much behind the coach and impressed with his ability to keep the team together.

Adam Gase, just SO impressive.  At keeping teams toegther.  When they're dead last in the NFL.  And think the other side of the ball is incompetant.

That's what I looks for in my Head Coach.  Keeping the worst team in the NFL two years running from "not being together".

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

However, the defense and offense both see the other as incompetent. 

Probably because they both are.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Adam Gase, just SO impressive.  At keeping teams toegther.  When they're dead last in the NFL.  And think the other side of the ball is incompetant.

That's what I looks for in my Head Coach.  Keeping the worst team in the NFL two years running from "not being together".

Probably because they both are.

Eh. Gase has his faults but it is in his favor that his locker room is supporting him. Does that mean he should be the coach here for the long term? Hell no. But it is to his benefit that the players believe in him.

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

And we are basing that off of 3 games this season ?? Remember Sam lost a large chunk of last season with Mono, he looked pretty good in game 1 last year against Buf and then down the stretch last season . Did Gase say to him in the offseason video calls - Sam forget about what you did last year , we're gonna do something different this year to screw you up. Injuries , an Oline gelling and a terrible Defense are all playing into the lack of competetiveness , let's see what happens when we get real NFL calibre players back on the field 

The play of Sam Darnold is directly on the head of Gase.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not sure if you posted that video to support or hinder your argument. It says Darnold and his wr's lack chemistry what a shock with all the injuries. 

You don't need chemistry to hit wide open receivers. Nick Mullens didn't seem to need chemistry throwing to backups at WR and TE the past 2 weeks.   

• Upvote 1