Sign in to follow this  
WowOhWow

The only constant with our team is embarrassment

What has this team done to grow the fan base or keep any of the existing fans?  It's amazing there are any fans left.  I'm a die hard and I am at the point now where I'm struggling with whether I love the team or hate them.  But I know this...I'm embarrassed by them.

Every day it's something new when the obvious is staring them in the face.  These articles that they believe Gase will turn it around is absurd.  The 6-2 finish?  Go look at the numbers of who they beat, who was playing, how the offense performed.  It was the biggest BS 6-2 finish a team can ever have.  If you know anything about football you know it's complete and utter crap.  Not a sign of progress.

Fire Gase after tonights game.  That's easy.  Any fool can see he is not right for this team.

Trust in JD.  This guy is the first real GM the team has had in ages.  Maneuvered the draft expertly.  Handled the Adams situation expertly. 

This franchise has offered us so little other than embarrassment.  Amazing.

• Upvote 2

I hope you're right, the early returns are not good.

I used to care about the Jets, now?  Why would I?  They dont care about winning.  It's more nostalgia at this point than anything else.  When I was born, I was wrapped in Klecko jersey, I didnt have say in this sh*t.  It'sjust kind of part of me even though the passion is gone.  I'm sure wining would fix that.

My approach on how to handle the Jets ineptitude is to just simply use them as the shining example if my life of what not to be.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Bright side: at least we don't have to deal with fair weather fans!

• Upvote 3

I told my boys (Ages 8 and 11) that they should root for any other team in the league, and the Jets are a loser team,  that only losers would support. LOL. 

I will be actively rootimg for the Jets to lose every game they play from here on out.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

I hope you're right, the early returns are not good.

I used to care about the Jets, now?  Why would I?  They dont care about winning.  It's more nostalgia at this point than anything else.  When I was born, I was wrapped in Klecko jersey, I didnt have say in this sh*t.  It'sjust kind of part of me even though the passion is gone.  I'm sure wining would fix that.

My approach on how to handle the Jets ineptitude is to just simply use them as the shining example if my life of what not to be.

I will pass down my love of football to my kids.  I will not pass the Jets down to them.  Especially if the Johnsons still own the team.  They can choose their own favorite teams when they grow up a little bit.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I will pass down my love of football to my kids.  I will not pass the Jets down to them.  Especially if the Johnsons still own the team.  They can choose their own favorite teams when they grow up a little bit.

Great minds....

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I told my boys (Ages 8 and 11) that they should root for any other team in the league, and the Jets are a loser team,  that only losers would support. LOL. 

I will be actively rooting for the Jets to lose every game they play from here on out.

• Upvote 1

I'd imagine this type of apathy is rampant amongst Jet fans.  I am literally their target market.  I was born into fandom, have been die hard forever (I'm 50), have spent a ridiculous amount of money on them, travel to away games, training camps, etc. etc. etc.  And I can't stomach this team.  The last 10-yrs of wash-rinse-repeat BS and being embarrassed over and over literally makes me not give a crap anymore.  I used to be giddy about a prime time game.  Now - who the f cares.

Does anyone know what impact this type of apathy has on revenues, ownership awareness, etc.?  Or is the money from PSL's, season tix, TV and other broadcast rights so large that individual fan apathy (even in huge numbers) doesn't really matter?

Has the NFL become such big business that the individual fan literally means nothing to them?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I will be actively rootimg for the Jets to lose every game they play from here on out.

Still my captain!

I just don't understand why anyone under the age of 40 is a Jets fan.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

For sure, I will not force any pro teams upon my children.  The Gators on the other hand, if they do not get in, I will disown them and sell them on the blackmarket

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, peebag said:

Misery loves company.  My 19 year old son hates me for it.  Between the Jets, Mets, and Knicks, it's a miracle that he still talks to me at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Good Dad!

I wish my dad had done this for me. 

He sort of hinted at them being a perennial disaster, but he should have made things more clear. 

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Misery loves company.  My 19 year old son hates me for it.  Between the Jets, Mets, and Knicks, it's a miracle that he still talks to me at all.

I would flat out disown your azz.😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Parcells.  (I'm 34)

25 or younger, however...makes no sense to me.  When a 25-year old was 10, Herm Edwards was the coach.  Yuck.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, peebag said:

_Genetics. 

Every team goes through a rough semi-centennial every once in a while. 

I choose to root for the Jets because rooting for a winner is for pussies. Embarrassed?  It's a badge of honor.  Wear it proudly.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Parcells.  (I'm 34)

25 or younger, however...makes no sense to me.  When a 25-year old was 10, Herm Edwards was the coach.  Yuck.

This. I'm 33 -- the Parcells era (and thankfully a lot of the 2000-2010 decade) was actually very good, which covers my formative years. 

It's really only the last ten that they've sucked. It's really drained the fandom out of me.

• Upvote 1

53 years, 52 of this bile.... 1 yr SB  I want them to get blow out and fire that loser coach.

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Rooting for the Jets builds character .

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4960926

This was another all time low.  Plus, how Gase executed the end of the game is utterly classless and inexcusable.  He's making a mockery of our franchise.  A total cancer.