Every minute Gase is near Darnold is Damaging

There is no evidence that Sam Darnold is being damaged by Adam Gase, especially when he spent 3 months quarantined with his own personal quarterback whisperer, Jordan Palmer.  If you're looking for Mr. Regression, Jordy is your man.

Adam Gase and Sam Darnold are victims of John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan whose atrocious roster management has put them both in the worst jobs in the NFL.  Starting quarterback and Head coach in New York City for the bastard-stepchild franchise. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The injuries/talent excuses fall flat when you actually look at the jets play design and play calls.

It's a whole other world looking at other nfl offenses and even a whole other world looking at college offenses.

The coach stinks, the schemes stinks, the oc stinks, the track record statistically is indefensibly bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no evidence that Sam Darnold is being damaged by Adam Gase, especially when he spent 3 months quarantined with his own personal quarterback whisperer, Jordan Palmer.  If you're looking for Mr. Regression, Jordy is your man.

Adam Gase and Sam Darnold are victims of John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan whose atrocious roster management has put them both in the worst jobs in the NFL.  Starting quarterback and Head coach in New York City for the bastard-stepchild franchise. 

SAR I

This is completely absurd and you know it.  Adam Gase was hired to develop Sam.  End of story.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The injuries/talent excuses fall flat when you actually look at the jets play design and play calls.

It's a whole other world looking at other nfl offenses and even a whole other world looking at college offenses.

The coach stinks, the schemes stinks, the oc stinks, the track record statistically is indefensibly bad.

Agreed. Look at what Kyle Shanahan is doing with all backups on offense and in game. Jeremy Bates was light years better than AG.

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Your hard on for scape goating Palmer is astounding. 

I have still yet to hear you explain how Josh Allen is an early MVP candidate after spending all his offseason with Palmer 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

It's goes even beyond Darnold to me. Whether or not Darnold can still develop into a good QB is an important question, but actually not the central issue pertaining to the Gase question. The biggest indictment of Gase is the team's general lack of competitiveness this season. We have been blown out three weeks in a row and have never even had a f*cking lead in any of these games- we are talking a month of football here. 

If the team was losing close games, I would be writing something like "I don't think Gase is the answer, but this roster is trash and week 4 is super early to be getting rid of a coach. At least the team is playing hard for the guy."

But, if we are not going to hold a head coach accountable for losing by multiple touchdowns every week, what exactly are we doing here? 

• Upvote 1

OMG, why do people think play calling  and scheming matters in the modern NFL?  Enough, I’m going to go and prepare my farewell post . After lunch, lunch, lunch, dinner, dinner,Dinner, TNF hot wings, TNF hot wings, comfort eating after the game, midnight snack, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, lunch....

• Haha 3

The most important goal for this franchise since the day Darnold was drafted should have been to develop him.  The fact that it's year 3 and we still don't know if he's franchise QB material yet is unacceptable, and there is plenty of blame to go around for that, but one person stands above the rest.  The fact of the matter is that Gase, the offensive guru, QB whisperer extraordinaire, was brought in for that specific purpose and he has failed in miserable fashion by any reasonable measurement. Anyone who doesn't think that Gase is and should be a dead man walking at this point is either delusional or a troll.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If the goal is still to "develop Sam Darnold", then Gase needs to Go. ASAP. If the strategic goal is now to go 1-15 and "compete" for the first overall pick and sh*tcan the entire staff after the season,  and recycle Darnold into a pick or 2, then I get it.

But here's what we're dealing with.

The FIRST PLAY of the Colts game was a designed QB roll out to the left, against Single high coverage. The backside route (Cager?) was a ******* OUT ROUTE. That design makes ZERO SENSE. NONE. It allows the Safety to roll to the front side of the play and contest the likely receiver.

This is Basic Offensive Football 101. It made zero sense. It was a scripted play, first play of the game, and the very concept and structure of the play was absurd.

This is what we're dealing with. Its the reason why EVERY team in the league plays the same exact Defense against the Jets - Single high, press man, loaded box. Because the Offense is retarded and actually causes itself problems based on its design. Its a joke. Gase is a joke. 

Every minute he is around Darnold is damaging. EVERY. SINGLE. MINUTE.

Let's go beyond just the poorly schemed, nonsensical "system" that is essentially so overcomplicated, it is unusable. 

After Darnold threw his second and then THIRD pick, the kid was left alone standing on the sideline. Where the **** was Gase, the supposed "Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator,  AND Quarterback Coach"? He was once again head down, staring and his ******* garbage play sheet, ignoring his players. Ignoring the QB HE was tasked with "developing". Gase has NOTHING to do with the defense,  his QB was struggling, and he thinks the answers are on the laminated sheet hes holding? Are you KIDDING ME??

What the **** does Loggains DO? HE was just standing there. Obviously confused about what to do. He wasn't coaching anyone,  that's for sure. Was he waiting for an opportunity to throw the challenge flag? Is HE mentally challenged?? Seriously.

Gase is Toxic. Gase is incompetent.  Gase has FAILED. Gase has broken Darnold. 

Gase is WORSE than Kotite EVER was (quick, which QB prospect did Rich ruin? LOL) and worse for the franchise. 

And Johnson is sticking with this moron? Because he's cheap  and his fragile ego won't allow him to move beyond a mistake? Because the idiot still thinks Gase is  "brilliant mind "? LOL 

I hope the Brett Rypien led Broncos DESTROY the Jets tonight. They deserve it, and I hope the mockery ramps up to an 11 Nationally. They deserve that  too.

lol. Who's breakdown was that? I'd like to go read it and watch the video that accompanied said break down. 

Also, why'd you delete your avatar?