Jets WR's Aren't as Bad as You Think

choon328

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A lot easier to get separation when the CB is guarding the sticks and you're running a six yard route on 3rd and 9.

But Darnold is still missing a lot of those WRs anyways.  6 yards and a chance at some YAC on 3rd & 9 is better than an incompletion or interception.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

When your relying on Cynthia Freulnd to support your case you're already lost. Stats Stats Stats can be twisted any which way you want to argue any situation. 

She didn't make up the stats though. NextGenStats is a reputable place. 

Just now, choon328 said:

She didn't make up the stats though. NextGenStats is a reputable place. 

So what they get separation , what does it  mean in game context. What are the situations . How many times do we see wr's running free but the QB is flushed from the pocket and has no chance to hit them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Sam darnold will win a super bowl with the jets and he will be in the jets ring of honor. 

He's like 15 years old and is in one of the worst spots possible for a young qb. He has to play better but a bunch of us are going to keep rooting for him regardless 

Somehow he keeps getting younger every time his defenders post about him, lol.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Somehow he keeps getting younger every time his defenders post about him, lol.  

His defenders are called jets fans. We used to be able to hope for good things. Hopefully that is the case again soon.

My biggest fear is Sam gets run out of town and end up on the Patriots. Scary thought.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So the jets wrs, who are widely regarded as the worst in the nfl, are somehow measured to get the 4th most separation of all wr groups in the nfl?  This contention doesn’t pass the eye test.  Berrios, hogan and Malone aren’t the 4th best at separating from dbs.  It’s a joke.

I'd have to watch the all 22 to know for sure. Sam is playing bad any way you slice it though.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A lot easier to get separation when the CB is guarding the sticks and you're running a six yard route on 3rd and 9.

aint this the truth, we have crap seperation, we literally throw the ball 5 yards short of the first down, so we get "extra" yards every time we catch a ball.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

His defenders are called jets fans. We used to be able to hope for good things. Hopefully that is the case again soon.

My biggest fear is Sam gets run out of town and end up on the Patriots. Scary thought.

I'd love to be wrong about Sam.  I'm just not.  He's the same guy who was a flawed prospect at USC.  Don't equate stating something true with not hoping for better.

I've already moved on to hoping for a QB in the 2021 draft.  You can continue to support Sam all you'd like and hope he turns it around.  I also want what's best for the Jets.  And for me, part of that will be a new QB.

I'm also not scared about Darnold going on to bigger and better things elsewhere.  It didn't happen with Sanchez or Geno Smith.  It won't happen with Darnold either.  Darnold is better than both, but not by a significant margin.  His ceiling is Andy Darnold.  We should all want better than that.  

It's getting a bit tiresome how often people are being told how to be fans around here.  Just tiresome.  This pathetic franchise should  just be happy to have anybody at all, however they choose to fan.  I've been supporting this franchise since I was 10 years old and will continue to do so.  That's far more than they deserve. 

People not thinking our current QB is a franchise QB should be the least of anybody's concerns.  I root for the jersey.  Individual players have to earn my loyalty.  Darnold hasn't, much like many players on this lousy roster.

• Upvote 2

Truth is and I firmly believe this, Darnold is actually amazing, with no help at all in any way, he is still able to throw a tb or first down is amazing. Over night it could be better with scheme and better plays. The barrios TD the other game when he got away from 3 tacklers...it was amazing. Darnold is really good. He need some help, Please fire gase and get some WR..

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But Darnold is still missing a lot of those WRs anyways.  6 yards and a chance at some YAC on 3rd & 9 is better than an incompletion or interception.

Darnold has played like crap and missed easy throws. But I'm absolutely not here for any idiotic "Jets receivers have actually been good!" hot takes.