Bruschi Update

LockeJET

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2019568

He's considering it, according to his new agent.

BOSTON -- New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi is considering sitting out next season for health reasons, The Boston Globe reported Wednesday.

Bruschi's recently hired agent, Brad Blank, told the newspaper that the Pro Bowler is contemplating whether he can play next season after being treated for a mild stroke last month.

"I can relate to you only that Tedy is considering not playing next year," Blank told The Globe. "Beyond that, I cannot comment on anything."

The 31-year-old Bruschi was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital on Feb. 16 and released a couple of days later. However, an Arizona television station reported that Bruschi was readmitted to the hospital so doctors could repair a hole in his heart.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick declined to comment on Bruschi's medical condition.

"Tedy has made all the comments. I leave it at that," said Belichick, who is in Hawaii for the NFL owners meetings.

Bruschi, a nine-year veteran, has been a key member of the defense that helped New England win three of the last four Super Bowls.

Bruschi, who has three years remaining on his contract, hadn't been represented by an agent since his rookie season. He's scheduled to earn $850,000 in 2005, $1.35 million in 2006 and $1.70 million in the final year of his contract. His deal would be voided if he retires, but he could earn his full salary if the team elects to place him on its physically unable to perform list

Somebody has to say it

From the big hula-balou on steroids {in baseball}, one thing I learned last week is that one of the side-effects of excessive steroid use is ... you guessed it, it can cause a hole in the heart

I'd be lying if I didn't admit the first person that came to mind when I learned of this side-effect was Tedy Brushi

I remember hearing about how unlikely it is for a young man of Brushi's age to develop this ailment ... and the suspecion of steroid use that was initally expressed

I blew it off at the time because I was totally ignorant as to the "hole in the heart" side-effect ... but having learned about that side-effect last week, I can now understand the reason for this initial suspecion

Dosn't mean he did roids and it doesn't lessen the fact that I wish him a full recovery ... but it really does make me wonder?

Brushi was a nobody for quite some time ... a complete nobody ... decent player, but nothing to write home about ... and suddenly, as if over nite, the man turned into an impact player {ditto Vrabel}

And now he has delevloped a hole in the heart ... hummmm? :-k

Good points Ham. It is very strange.

It could very easily happen to someone who is not involved in sports but Teddy is.

Always thought he was a good player even in college. He did take his game to another level the last 4 years.

He was the best LB in football last year. He was better than Ray Lewis.

Good points Ham. It is very strange.

It could very easily happen to someone who is not involved in sports but Teddy is.

Always thought he was a good player even in college. He did take his game to another level the last 4 years.

He was the best LB in football last year. He was better than Ray Lewis.

And they specifically asked a physician last week {at the hearings} about the side effects of excessive steroid use ... and one side effect he specifically mentioned was a hole in the heart

I Just find it very coincidental that the same player who transformed himself from a DECENT PLAYER into an IMPACT PLAYER has also developed a hole in his heart ... very coincidental, indeed :-k

book it, in 3 years half of the patriots current roster from the 3 super titles will be proven to have taken steroids

Don't laugh ... I'd bet a million bucks on Vrabel as well ... that dude was a complete nobody {the definition of JAG} only a couple of years ago when the Steelers released him, then he turns himself into an absolute stud in NE

Another prime candidate, IMO ... slow white guy who transforms himself into a bigtime player after getting popped in Pittsburgh

Unless the steroid's name is Belichick, I doubt there is much veracity to this speculation.

Bruschi has said it took him 3 years to transition from college DE to NFL LBer. In his thrid year, he also transitioned from outside to middle linebacker when Todd Collins went down with injury. From 1999 on, he has been consistent player for the Patriots. Especially, the last two years under Belichick.

Vrabel's problem in Pittsburgh was the Steelers' depth. He never started in 4 years, but still had seven sacks coming off the bench. He has been a starter since coming to New England and his stats reflect going from a bench player to starter.

Those two are not the only examples. Willie has had a career revival under Belichcik. Bobby Hamilton. Tyronne Poole. Terrell Buckley. Ted Johnson. Rodney Harrison. Look no further then Eugene Wilson and Randall Gay. Wilson a CB in college has made the transition to S and is one of the better ones in the league. Gay an undrafted rookie free agent, is transformed into a starter and looks like he had been out there for years as oppossed to being a rookie.

And Jets fans wonder why the Patriots are not worried about losing the players we have lost. Why should we when the coaching staff has shown the abiity to turn nobodies into somebodies.

Unless the steroid's name is Belichick, I doubt there is much veracity to this speculation.

Bruschi has said it took him 3 years to transition from college DE to NFL LBer. In his thrid year, he also transitioned from outside to middle linebacker when Todd Collins went down with injury. From 1999 on, he has been consistent player for the Patriots. Especially, the last two years under Belichick.

Vrabel's problem in Pittsburgh was the Steelers' depth. He never started in 4 years, but still had seven sacks coming off the bench. He has been a starter since coming to New England and his stats reflect going from a bench player to starter.

Those two are not the only examples. Willie has had a career revival under Belichcik. Bobby Hamilton. Tyronne Poole. Terrell Buckley. Ted Johnson. Rodney Harrison. Look no further then Eugene Wilson and Randall Gay. Wilson a CB in college has made the transition to S and is one of the better ones in the league. Gay an undrafted rookie free agent, is transformed into a starter and looks like he had been out there for years as oppossed to being a rookie.

And Jets fans wonder why the Patriots are not worried about losing the players we have lost. Why should we when the coaching staff has shown the abiity to turn nobodies into somebodies.

spiny.gifspin2.gifpuke2.giflol.gif35.gif

PFSIKH, there is no concrete evidence whatsoever to suggest Vrabel takes roids ... only {minimal} circumstantial evidence, thus this is purely speculation on my part

But I believe the evidence is much stronger in the case of Brushi ... as one docter said, it is very uncommon for a man of Brushi's age to develop the ailment that struck him down ... and as another docter has recently testified before congress, one side effect of excessive steroid use is a hole in the heart

And while Brushi was always a Good Player, over the past couple of years he has become an IMPACT PLAYER ... rarely does that happen with an established veteran, where he suddenly takes his game to a whole new level {from Good to Great}

While none of this is concrete evidence {i.e. a failed test}, what this would be called in a court of law is a "Preponderance of Circumstantial Evidence" ... and you can actually convict someone in a court of law if there is a "Preponderance of Circumstantial Evidence"

While it a possibility Ham I remember BB getting

some former Jet player's playing better then they

ever did and they were to dumb to take aspirin!

Troy Brown was nothing until "BB and Staff" took

over.. #-o

Yes, but with Brushi it is much more than taking his game to another level {the highest level} as an established veteran ... there is also the medical condition which is often associated with excessive steroid use, an ailment that is very uncommon for a man of his age

Thus the phrase "preponderance of circumstantial evidence"

I'm not convicting the man ... Just pointing out how coincidental this all seems

Archived