Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Vague but potentially encouraging nugget from Cimini “Behind the scenes, Gase is touting Mims as some sort of mini-savior”.

Would be a huge thing to follow the rest of the season if he’s a success.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rookie receivers are rarely able to make a big impact immediately out of the gates, even without injury issues and more normal offseason circumstances. 

Only 4 rookie receivers out of this vaunted 2020 WR class have 10+ catches thru 3 games:  Lamb, Jeudy, Justin Jefferson and Laviska Shenault.  Only 2 of those have 200+ yards (Jefferson and Lamb) thru 3 games.  And only 1 rookie has more than 1 TD:  Tee Higgins (2).  It's very possible we have no more than 2 rookies with 1,000+ yard seasons, and I doubt we see any end up with 10 TDs.  You'll see 1-2 guys finish with a season similar to what A.J. Brown did as a rookie last season:  52 catches, 1,051 yds, 8 TDs.

Mims will probably do well down the stretch, and I do expect him to be a WR1 in this league.  But he will not be a "savior" for Gase this season.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not worried about Denzel at all. It’s unfortunate that his rookie season had a botched lift off, but he will be just fine.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn’t Sir Gase our Mims on the IR? Ain’t nobody saving Gase. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't need a savior.  We simply need a player who can stay on the field, run a minimal number of accurate routes and catch at least half the balls that enter his catch radius.

Master P Reaction GIF

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Gase verbally pleaded his case to Johnson to give him another 2-4 weeks so he could see what this team could do with Mims, Bell, Crowder, and Perriman back.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper, a healthy Perriman, Mims, Herndon, Bell, Crowder seems to be a decent set of skill players for a team that's rebuilding.

Unfortunately, that's the only place we've seen them....on paper.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rookie receivers are rarely able to make a big impact immediately out of the gates, even without injury issues and more normal offseason circumstances. 

Only 4 rookie receivers out of this vaunted 2020 WR class have 10+ catches thru 3 games:  Lamb, Jeudy, Justin Jefferson and Laviska Shenault.  Only 2 of those have 200+ yards (Jefferson and Lamb) thru 3 games.  And only 1 rookie has more than 1 TD:  Tee Higgins (2).  It's very possible we have no more than 2 rookies with 1,000+ yard seasons, and I doubt we see any end up with 10 TDs.  You'll see 1-2 guys finish with a season similar to what A.J. Brown did as a rookie last season:  52 catches, 1,051 yds, 8 TDs.

Mims will probably do well down the stretch, and I do expect him to be a WR1 in this league.  But he will not be a "savior" for Gase this season.

Let's reevaluate this after Jeudy torches us tonight for 120 and 3 TDs lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

On paper, a healthy Perriman, Mims, Herndon, Bell, Crowder seems to be a decent set of skill players for a team that's rebuilding.

Unfortunately, that's the only place we've seen them....on paper.

That's cuz they're paper tigers.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C1432-B90-FFB5-4234-A838-AEFC9-A0-D56-E1

This is what he looks like for those who forgot.

SAR I

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

On paper, a healthy Perriman, Mims, Herndon, Bell, Crowder seems to be a decent set of skill players for a team that's rebuilding.

Unfortunately, that's the only place we've seen them....on paper.

Other than crowder they all stink.  
Or entirely unproven.  
Still might be the worst in the league even when fully healthy  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Is he playing tonight????

He can come back week 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Is he playing tonight????

Yes.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pointman said:

Yes.

Breaking news. Denzel Mims has sprained his labia minora while putting on his sweat pants. He will be out 2-20 weeks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still waiting to see Gase’s unicorn contribute. I won’t be holding my breath.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Of course he is. He's trying to stay his execution.

Who wouldn't ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rookie receivers are rarely able to make a big impact immediately out of the gates, even without injury issues and more normal offseason circumstances. 

Only 4 rookie receivers out of this vaunted 2020 WR class have 10+ catches thru 3 games:  Lamb, Jeudy, Justin Jefferson and Laviska Shenault.  Only 2 of those have 200+ yards (Jefferson and Lamb) thru 3 games.  And only 1 rookie has more than 1 TD:  Tee Higgins (2).  It's very possible we have no more than 2 rookies with 1,000+ yard seasons, and I doubt we see any end up with 10 TDs.  You'll see 1-2 guys finish with a season similar to what A.J. Brown did as a rookie last season:  52 catches, 1,051 yds, 8 TDs.

Mims will probably do well down the stretch, and I do expect him to be a WR1 in this league.  But he will not be a "savior" for Gase this season.

Great post. I just want him to get as much playing time as possible with the hopes that next year we have a solid #2 starting WR

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Gase spent the entire summer hyping Chris Herndon, too.

missing homer simpson GIF

As I recall the Herndon hype was started during his rookie season when it looked like he and darnold had some good chemistry.  Maybe gase was just being hopeful because he felt Herndon was going to come back strong after being on the injured list for most of last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

C1432-B90-FFB5-4234-A838-AEFC9-A0-D56-E1

This is what he looks like for those who forgot.

SAR I

He looks right for a wide receiver.  Nice long arms and height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...