Bectons Moms Pissed

SR24

43 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don't blame her. If he was healthy enough to come off the bench, he was healthy enough to start. Of course, it's obvious now he was never healthy enough to do either. Gase should be fired at halftime.

hold on...we aint giving him the Brian Winters treatment? where he plays hurt and sucks and we praise him?

20 minutes ago, fullblast said:

This franchise is a goddamn dumpster fire and the league should be ashamed.

I’m telling you.  After they lose tonight pull their “pro” card.  

“Suspended from NFL until further notice”

Just worse than ever.  I enjoyed watching Kotite teams, I enjoyed watching Al Woodal teams play when Namath was hurt...more than this garbage.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I don't blame her. If he was healthy enough to come off the bench, he was healthy enough to start. Of course, it's obvious now he was never healthy enough to do either. Gase should be fired at halftime.

This.  Of all the things Gase has done to deserve being fired.  This is way up on the list.  Just reprehensible.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Half the team is literally not playing. The Jets are not shy with not dressing guys. His MRI was negative. There's no structural damage. If they had more players dressed Im sure it would be easier to bench him, but at some point you have to recognize this is tackle football and playing with a sore shoulder is part of the gig. Gase doesnt want Darnold to die Im sure either.

It's the the old men in charge who send the young men off to war.  Shame on you Matt39.  So what, our budding all pro LT should be abused for some godforsaken reason?  Are you that pissed off?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

That's fine, but they literally have no one else. Mcgovern plays center and is now the left tackle. What are they supposed to do? 

No, Connor McGovern is the center.

Conor McDermott played left tackle when Becton got hurt.

They still had another tackle that went into the game at RT when Fant got hurt.

The question for me was, should Edoga have stayed at RT where he played well last week and the veteran Fant move over to LT? It goes both ways, you can make the case that would make two positions weaker.

But the argument about Becton's injury is valid. If he can back up, he should start. He clearly couldn't do either so they should have pulled another tackle from the practice squad. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This.  Of all the things Gase has done to deserve being fired.  This is way up on the list.  Just reprehensible.

This isn’t only on Gase though.  How does JD allow Becton to suit up last night?   It’s mind boggling that they make the determination that he can’t start because of the injury, but could play if there was an injury.   You’re either cleared to play or you are not.   

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

The question for me was, should Edoga have stayed at RT where he played well last week and the veteran Fant move over to LT? It goes both ways, you can make the case that would make two positions weaker.

But the argument about Becton's injury is valid. If he can back up, he should start. He clearly couldn't do either so they should have pulled another tackle from the practice squad. 

My bad on the confusion with the Connors. As far as Becton goes, Gase said he took himself out of the game so there’s definitely a disconnect regarding his injury. The team feels he can play, but convinced him to dress because of how banged up they are. 

Douglas and Osemele were at odds last year regarding the same thing it seems. This is going to be bad I think. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My bad on the confusion with the Connors. As far as Becton goes, Gase said he took himself out of the game so there’s definitely a disconnect regarding his injury. The team feels he can play, but convinced him to dress because of how banged up they are. 

Douglas and Osemele were at odds last year regarding the same thing it seems. This is going to be bad I think. 

Wait. 
is this true?  Did Becton say he was too hurt to play and JD told him too bad?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Wait. 
is this true?  Did Becton say he was too hurt to play and JD told him too bad?

No JD isn’t involved as far as I know yet. But Gase alluded to Becton taking himself out. The team obviously thought he could play.

He was involved with Osemele. Also a former OLineman so there’s that too. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Clearly Fant should have been moved to start at LT with Edoga staring at RT. Becton should clearly not have dressed. Who the hell is actually running the Jets? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

It's the the old men in charge who send the young men off to war.  Shame on you Matt39.  So what, our budding all pro LT should be abused for some godforsaken reason?  Are you that pissed off?

All pro? He’s played 2 games calm down.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I hate to say this but this is proof that the injury problem is partly on Gase. We are supposed to be able to test guys to know if they are still injured. Gase very well could be having guys practice that should be resting.

They didn’t practice in pads this week. What was the team supposed to do? At some point guys gotta play. I mean if this is the thing that causes sweeping changes finally and the entire front office and coaching staff is gutted then good I guess.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

No JD isn’t involved as far as I know yet. But Gase alluded to Becton taking himself out. The team obviously thought he could play.

He was involved with Osemele. Also a former OLineman so there’s that too. 

So then why didn’t he start?   This isn’t a complicated situation, if Becton couldn’t start then he shouldn’t suit up.  I don’t even really blame Gase as much because if a guy is in uniform and is active then a coach is going to put him in.  JD needed to be the adult in the room and make Becton inactive for the game.  Plain and simple.  

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They didn’t practice in pads this week. What was the team supposed to do? At some point guys gotta play. I mean if this is the thing that causes sweeping changes finally and the entire front office and coaching staff is gutted then good I guess.

He was hurt last week and he was put in a game while he was still injured. That is on the organization

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So then why didn’t he start?   This isn’t a complicated situation, if Becton couldn’t start then he shouldn’t suit up.  I don’t even really blame Gase as much because if a guy is in uniform and is active then a coach is going to put him in.  JD needed to be the adult in the room and make Becton inactive for the game.  Plain and simple.  

I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense. Reading between the lines I sense some tension between the Jets and Becton, especially now with the helicopter mom involved. 

Douglas has an issue with Osemele. I’d imagine he thought Becton could play. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He was hurt last week and he was put in a game while he was still injured. That is on the organization

Sure. But the Jets are probably leaning on a negative MRI and it being a pain tolerance thing. It sounds like a shoulder contusion. Plus Bradley Chubb is really good and a 3rd string left tackle wasn’t a great matchup.