Bectons Moms Pissed

SR24

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Just get used to the fact that the jets will be terrible for another 10 years.  

Don't be so generous we are never getting better.

Every couple years we get to watch an incompetent a****** get fired whether it be a Coach or GM. That and watching supposedly good QB prospects get sacrificed to the Blood God are the only forms of entertainment you will find here.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, pointman said:

Any coach accesses his plays beyond what the x-rays tell you. Its clear he can't go. If he isn't out there getting warm, or working during the week then he doesn't need to be out there on game day.. for an 0-3 team going nowhere. 

Working during the week - haha . First off its a short week so no live practice and even if they tried the tissue soft CBA would prevent them . If   Becton was seriously injured the order of blame I place it in is  1)Dr's 2) Becton 3) Gase 

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He was hurt last week and he was put in a game while he was still injured. That is on the organization

And it's one of the main reasons this team will remain an untrusted joke that only attracts players who want to sign a big contract and stop giving any effort once the ink dries. The organization does not watch out for it's players so the players have no reason to feel any loyalty to the organization.

Becton should have been out this week and playing him to try to save people's was horrible optics for the organization.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Gase knows this is the ONLY game he can win and if he does he might be able to finagle more.  Hence he doesn’t care about others.

So if that's the case why wasn't Becton starting then. If Sam really got injured bad and it was due to the 3rd string LT , all you clowns would be saying Gase should have started Becton, what an idiot . 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. But the Jets are probably leaning on a negative MRI and it being a pain tolerance thing. It sounds like a shoulder contusion. Plus Bradley Chubb is really good and a 3rd string left tackle wasn’t a great matchup. 

What I think is this is what happens when you know your boss is looking for your replacement

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jets took an MRI and the docs cleared him to play. Not sure what the issue is. 

Everyone is acting as if players can no longer play hurt. I will guess Dbrick had a few booboos during his career yet he played every game. 

Let's see how he feels after 10 days of treatment. 

Its ridiculous , fans complain about guys who don't play with injuries , then when one does they complain he shouldn't .

Team Dr's have the authority to stop  a player from playing. If anyone is to blame its the Dr.  

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again the Dr's assessed  if Osemele could play and if he could do further damage by playing . Osemele chose not too , not a story. 

And the doctors are paid by whom? The Jets. It's of course a built-in conflict of interest. Hence why Osemele wanted to get his own diagnosis and the Jets were against it. 

52 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Its ridiculous , fans complain about guys who don't play with injuries , then when one does they complain he shouldn't .

Team Dr's have the authority to stop  a player from playing. If anyone is to blame its the Dr.  

There is a difference between playing through pain/discomfort and playing when it is clear you shouldn't be. From the first play of the game he was grabbing his shoulder. A few plays in he was writhing on the turf in agony. It's actually not a binary situation. Clearly Becton should not have been playing and we don't know whether it was the Jets who told him he should or if he pleaded his case to play (like Bell in Week 1). But in either of those situations, it is the Jets' responsibility to keep him off the field to either prevent further damage or to not aggravate the injury so that Becton could heal and come back sooner. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

And the doctors are paid by whom? The Jets. It's of course a built-in conflict of interest. Hence why Osemele wanted to get his own diagnosis and the Jets were against it. 

Yeah, how great would it be if every athlete got their own diagnosis every time they suffered a muscle strain? How would that work during a game? Would every player fly in their own personal doctor to be on standby in case they sprain an ankle and want a second opinion?  

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Osemele did what he was allowed to do via the CBA. And yes the Dr's are employed by the Jets but its their integrity and careers on the line if they do something negligent. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Osemele did what he was allowed to do via the CBA. And yes the Dr's are employed by the Jets but its their integrity and careers on the line if they do something negligent. 

Uhhh, the Jets don't have the best history when it comes to employing team doctors:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/sports/football/nfl-doctor-elliot-pellman-concussions-retires.html#:~:text=As team doctor for the,minimizing the effect of concussions.

18 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

There is a difference between playing through pain/discomfort and playing when it is clear you shouldn't be. From the first play of the game he was grabbing his shoulder. A few plays in he was writhing on the turf in agony. It's actually not a binary situation. Clearly Becton should not have been playing and we don't know whether it was the Jets who told him he should or if he pleaded his case to play (like Bell in Week 1). But in either of those situations, it is the Jets' responsibility to keep him off the field to either prevent further damage or to not aggravate the injury so that Becton could heal and come back sooner. 

My guess is Becton did not want to play but the Jets reasoned with him by saying they need an extra body in the event Edoga gets hurt or gets Sam killed. I dont see why the Jets would have any interest in putting him harms way if the injury were bad enough to end his season. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

That's a very grey line. We don't know what the MRI showed . I've had an AC joint sprain which was very painful but was allowed full activity , it was just a matter of pain tolerance and doing PT. This case may be similar they may have been told he couldn't hurt it further and that he just needed to see if he could have enough strength/range of motion or pain tolerance - no one can effectively judge that for a person especially in the pain tolerance scenario.

Bottom line the Jets and specifically Gase has been taking heat for everything from the fans and media . In my eyes this scenario is getting way overblown. If the Jets were 6-3 and needed Becton to play a meaningful game( I know wishful thinking) and he sat out or was sat out by Gase the same people and media outlets would be pitching a fit why he couldn't play. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

Clearly Fant should have been moved to start at LT with Edoga staring at RT. Becton should clearly not have dressed. Who the hell is actually running the Jets? 

Yes that is what I would have done to start the game. Edoga has been good at RT not so much at LT.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

My bad on the confusion with the Connors. As far as Becton goes, Gase said he took himself out of the game so there’s definitely a disconnect regarding his injury. The team feels he can play, but convinced him to dress because of how banged up they are. 

Douglas and Osemele were at odds last year regarding the same thing it seems. This is going to be bad I think. 

I totally agree. Gase could lose the team publicly over something this.

And Joe Douglas needs to stop signing Irish guys with similar names. I feel like I'm at a family reunion lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

That's a very grey line. We don't know what the MRI showed . I've had an AC joint sprain which was very painful but was allowed full activity , it was just a matter of pain tolerance and doing PT. This case may be similar they may have been told he couldn't hurt it further and that he just needed to see if he could have enough strength/range of motion or pain tolerance - no one can effectively judge that for a person especially in the pain tolerance scenario.

Bottom line the Jets and specifically Gase has been taking heat for everything from the fans and media . In my eyes this scenario is getting way overblown. If the Jets were 6-3 and needed Becton to play a meaningful game( I know wishful thinking) and he sat out or was sat out by Gase the same people and media outlets would be pitching a fit why he couldn't play. 

I’m with this. I want to see what the actual medical report is, but if it was just a pain tolerance issue, Becton had to play. He’s an OL and can’t sit out just because he’s not 100% the same way Darnold coming back into the game with a shoulder strain was necessary. This isn’t badminton. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

There's still much to learn about CTE and brain injuries. I've read some studies saying body chemistry and hormone imbalances play a key factor.

Would the NFL test all players and prevent them from playing if it was proven true - doubtfully unless the players union threatened to sue. 

The NFL is a major cash cow , they are simply protecting themselves from lawsuits - Pellman was  just collateral damage. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So if that's the case why wasn't Becton starting then. If Sam really got injured bad and it was due to the 3rd string LT , all you clowns would be saying Gase should have started Becton, what an idiot . 

What’s the difference whether he’s starting or not?  He should not have been playing at all last night.  Gase is pure garbage, he’ll make other selfish decisions before he’s finally cut loose, but it doesn’t matter anyway, the whole thing needs to be torn down from top to bottom, unfortunately the dweeb owners stay, which means they’ll never be competitive.

I was just thinking that it would be a wise decision to protect the one single draft pick the Jets looked like they hit on in the last decade.

11 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

It's the the old men in charge who send the young men off to war.  Shame on you Matt39.  So what, our budding all pro LT should be abused for some godforsaken reason?  Are you that pissed off?

Matt's the biggest tough guy on JN.  Such toughness and grit.  Everyone else is a pu$$y.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

What’s the difference whether he’s starting or not?  He should not have been playing at all last night.  Gase is pure garbage, he’ll make other selfish decisions before he’s finally cut loose, but it doesn’t matter anyway, the whole thing needs to be torn down from top to bottom, unfortunately the dweeb owners stay, which means they’ll never be competitive.

I was just thinking that it would be a wise decision to protect the one single draft pick the Jets looked like they hit on in the last decade.

Why because if he didn't play the narrative would be he's a bust loser or he's quit on Gase and is just faking an injury.  The witch hunt here is getting pretty amusing and tedious these days. 

• WTF? 1

17 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Gase and Douglas should both be sacked tonight for this if he's badly hurt. Seriously.

How is it even entertained that the only f*cking valuable asset should be playing hurt in a dead season? 

Gase I get because he has nothing to lose at this point but orders should have came from above that he wasn't to go near the field if not 100%. Worse than Rex killing Sanchez. A f*cking disgrace.

So let’s just sit the whole team because that’s the only they can’t get injured.  I certainly don’t know the extent of his injuries but it’s tough to determine what the the real extent of an injury is and/or the pain associated with it.  This is the nfl. These guys are paid a small fortune and pain and injuries are all part of the game. And, until they lost last night, there was a much better chance that the season would have some meaning.