Bectons Moms Pissed

SR24

8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Working during the week - haha . First off its a short week so no live practice and even if they tried the tissue soft CBA would prevent them . If   Becton was seriously injured the order of blame I place it in is  1)Dr's 2) Becton 3) Gase 

Ahh another clueless poster. Got it. It feels good to pretend you know about something when you don't huh? Tip: To the everyone else.. you're sad.

I was an assistant coach and a head football coach at a small NJ High School....we had some coaches (Old School) who would tell kids that they were not hurt and go and play....if a kid says he is hurt you have to believe him....either he is really hurt or he could get hurt worse or get someone else hurt because he does not want to play! Do NOT play a player who is hurt! I was pissed when I saw him come in and it was OBVBIOUS he was hurting while he was on the field. Adam Gase should have seen and known....he is our first round draft choice, he is a monster of a man BUT if he is further injured (because of negligence) we will waste the best LT we have had since Brick !!! If the Jets do not fire Adam Gase now, I will not watch the team I have watched and rooted for since 1960, the only time I did not watch my JETS was when I was in Southeast Asia with the Air Force, for the rest of this year. If things don't change I will root for another team, maybe Seattle....I always liked Pete Carroll !!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

The NY Jets took advantage of Mekhi Becton.

You have to understand the situation for a moment. Becton is a tough-as-nails rookie trying to find his footing in the league. If the coaching staff gives him an opportunity to play, he’s going to play regardless of whether or not it’s best for his health.

Adam Gase and the Jets took advantage of a rookie they knew wouldn’t say no.

Gase attempted to justify his decision after the game stating that Becton only played because there was no chance for re-injury. But at the end of the day, when it’s clear that your promising first-round pick is in agony on the field, how do you rationalize keeping him in the game?

It isn’t the job of the player to remove himself from the game. That’s the job of the head coach — someone who should be looking out for his players.

Adam Gase didn’t do that. The entire Jets coaching staff didn’t do that. And as a result, they left their star rookie — a player who should be protected arguably more than anyone in that building — out to suffer.

Even if the claim that there was no chance of re-injury was valid, why risk it? The risk/reward doesn’t make sense.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Schmidt said:

I was an assistant coach and a head football coach at a small NJ High School....we had some coaches (Old School) who would tell kids that they were not hurt and go and play....if a kid says he is hurt you have to believe him....either he is really hurt or he could get hurt worse or get someone else hurt because he does not want to play! Do NOT play a player who is hurt! I was pissed when I saw him come in and it was OBVBIOUS he was hurting while he was on the field. Adam Gase should have seen and known....he is our first round draft choice, he is a monster of a man BUT if he is further injured (because of negligence) we will waste the best LT we have had since Brick !!! If the Jets do not fire Adam Gase now, I will not watch the team I have watched and rooted for since 1960, the only time I did not watch my JETS was when I was in Southeast Asia with the Air Force, for the rest of this year. If things don't change I will root for another team, maybe Seattle....I always liked Pete Carroll !!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Bye Felicia