**** The Official 0-16 Watch Thread ****

RoadFan

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought that until last night, which I thought for sure would be a win.  These new and creative ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory has a "team of destiny" feel to it.

I don't think 0-16 is happening, but anything in the 0-2 wins range is certainly on the table.  The absolute best this team will do is 3-13.

23 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I agree usually theres something like Ryan Fitzpatrick, todd and rex defense , or full slate of bad teams . That will help us win a few meaningless games throughout the season.  This team is bad in all phases . I definitely think they are going bottom out and go 0-16 . I would like think we can split with miami but man i think fitz feasts on this defense

Who on their remaining schedule are they going to beat?

we couldn't beat a down and out Broncos team, what makes you think that they'll do any better with the teams they got left to play?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

Who on their remaining schedule are they going to beat?

we couldn't beat a down and out Broncos team, what makes you think that they'll do any better with the teams they got left to play?

Preaching to the choir here.  On paper, we shouldn't beat anyone.

A lot of it depends on which QB's stay healthy.  If Kyler Murray gets his feet tangled in the MetLife turf on his first series, 9 days from now, all bets are off. 

Though then again, AZ's backup would have to be better than Brett Rypien.

EDIT:  ***Checks notes***  AZ's backup is Brett Hundley.  Yeah, I think Rypien might be better than Hundley.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Preaching to the choir here.  On paper, we shouldn't beat anyone.

A lot of it depends on which QB's stay healthy.  If Kyler Murray gets his feet tangled in the MetLife turf on his first series, 9 days from now, all bets are off. 

Though then again, AZ's backup would have to be better than Brett Rypien.

EDIT:  ***Checks notes***  AZ's backup is Brett Hundley.  Yeah, I think Rypien might be better than Hundley.

Lmaoo just watch Hundley go matt barkley on us. If kyler gets hurt

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can't get to the QB regardless.  That isn't a legitimate fear.  Even in the Bountygate game itself, the Saints couldn't get to the QB.

Hahah, exactly.

Bountygate is one of the most overrated things ever.

Kind of like Gregg Williams, himself. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mphtrilogy said:

I mean you never know with Miami it was the lone win back in the 1-15 season, but I don't see any wins on this schedule...

Arizona
Los Angeles C
Buffalo
Kansas City
New England
Miami
Miami
Las Vegas
Seattle
Los Angeles R
Cleveland
New England

The lone win in the 1-15 season was Arizona, wasn't it? 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can't get to the QB regardless.  That isn't a legitimate fear.  Even in the Bountygate game itself, the Saints couldn't get to the QB.

The 2020 Jets have more than double roughing the passer penalties (7) called against them than the Bears (3) who have the second most called agains them. Jets are on pace to have 28 roughing the passers penalties called on them for the season. 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This team is not going 0-16. We will win meaningless games that you can't imagine yet. We are the Jets. The Jets are the GOAT bad team in meaningless games in November/December. A few young guys with no real future in the league will play above their heads (e.g. Herndon two years ago) and a few opponents will overlook us. Please remember this post. 

Here's the thing... I think we might be so bad that even winning a few fluky games in December won't knock us out of the 1st overall pick, which is really the only think to care about at this point.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Here's the thing... I think we might be so bad that even winning a few fluky games in December won't knock us out of the 1st overall pick, which is really the only think to care about at this point.

Oh, you could totally be right. Through 4 weeks, this is the worst Jets team I have seen since 1996. 

And, on paper, the schedule makes it look like a final record somewhere between 0-16 and 2-14 is a sure thing. But, I just don't want to get my hopes up for Lawrence this early. So much can happen and narratives have a habit of changing drastically over the course of an NFL season. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The 2020 Jets have more than double roughing the passer penalties (7) called against them than the Bears (3) who have the second most called agains them. Jets are on pace to have 28 roughing the passers penalties called on them for the season. 

Maybe this would be something for the likes of Nick Mullens or Brett Rypien to worry about.  Pat Mahomes, not so much.  

If it were a Week 16/17 contest, maybe you'd have a point.  It's not.

15 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

I mean you never know with Miami it was the lone win back in the 1-15 season, but I don't see any wins on this schedule...

Arizona
Los Angeles C
Buffalo
Kansas City
New England
Miami
Miami
Las Vegas
Seattle
Los Angeles R
Cleveland
New England

Arizona -- Kyler Murray will FEAST on this defense. This is exactly the kind of offense that will just kill us. Whoever has Hopkins in fantasy will be the high scorer in their league that week.

@ Chargers -- I think this is sneakily one of the more winnable games. Chargers have really underwhelmed, don't have a QB and even though it's a road game I suspect Darnold might respond well to playing in SoCal. I wouldn't pick us, but if you told me we go 3-13 this feels like it could be one of the wins.

Buffalo -- They sh*tpumped us up and down the field Week 1 and will do the same here. Total mismatch.

@ KC -- Best team in the league hosts the worst. I can't even imagine what the line will be. Chiefs -21.5?

NE -- This feels like Seeing Ghosts Round Deux. They will embarrass us on MNF again.

@ Miami -- We never play well in Miami. Darnold played like garbage there the last two times. Doesn't feel like a win to me.

Miami -- Miami is feisty and competitive but two games in three weeks feels open to fluky results. Chances of winning go up if Gase is fired during the BYE.

Las Vegas -- Raiders are clearly better than we are but this feels like a potential "ruin the top draft pick" upset. They have a tendency to stink on the east coast.

Seattle -- Russell Wilson runs wild, Adams gets the game ball and the Jets lose by 30 on the west coast.

@ Rams -- Another decisive ass kicking by a superior team on the west coast.

Browns -- Maybe they implode, but they're better than we are and more likely to be playing for something.

@ Pats -- It wouldn't be Week 17 without an ass kicking at Gillette to end the season on a sour note.

I still go 2-14.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yea, but how many of them were really big hits?  A lot of them have been the soft stuff that gets called nowadays that would never be called 25 years ago. 

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

@ Chargers -- I think this is sneakily one of the more winnable games. Chargers have really underwhelmed, don't have a QB and even though it's a road game I suspect Darnold might respond well to playing in SoCal. I wouldn't pick us, but if you told me we go 3-13 this feels like it could be one of the wins.

Are you sure about this?  Herbert has started his career with a pair of 300+ yard games, with 7.8 Yards per Attempt and a QB rating of 90.5.

Darnold, by comparison, has only had four 300+ yard games in his career to date, and in 19 of his 30 starts, he's failed to surpass a 90 QB Rating.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you sure about this?  Herbert has started his career with a pair of 300+ yard games, with 7.8 Yards per Attempt and a QB rating of 90.5.

Darnold, by comparison, has only had four 300+ yard games in his career to date, and in 19 of his 30 starts, he's failed to surpass a 90 QB Rating.

They scored, what, 20 and 16 points in those games? Chargers have some decent talent. I'm colored by the fact that I thought he sucked as a prospect but I'm not impressed yet. Plus crazy Anthony Lynn might have Tyrod back in there by Week 6.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They scored, what, 20 and 16 points in those games? Chargers have some decent talent. I'm colored by the fact that I thought he sucked as a prospect but I'm not impressed yet. Plus crazy Anthony Lynn might have Tyrod back in there by Week 6.

It was his first 2 starts for a bad team.  Sheesh, tough crowd!

Just saying it's awfully strange to be saying they "don't have a QB" after 2 promising early performances out of a rookie.  We're also the same team that has made Nick Mullens and Brett Rypien look very good so far this season, so it doesn't exactly matter if he's legit or not.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ljr said:

if the Falcons or Giants go 0-16 as well as us ... what is the tiebreaker?  (strength of schedule?)

Pretty sure we would not get the first pick, but two teams going 0-16 in the same NFL season is so incredibly unlikely that I don't think it's worth even thinking about until the last few weeks of the season. 

• Upvote 2

1996 1-15

I was a dedicated season ticket holder who sat through every game until the clock read 00:00 

Many called me crazy and stupid here I am today feeling that we could go 0-16 this season. 

Resilient fans like myself attended every home game and stayed until the end. 

Good thing fans aren't allowed in this season I don't think there would be much of a crowd anyway. 

Rich Kotite with a glum yet clueless look. A look he patented in 1996.

image.png.8b2825334065cf61e1ca1fe396bb239b.png

The games in red are probably the ones we have the best chance to win.  (I'm not saying we will win these btw).  If we go 2-4 in these games, I think we're looking at #1 overall.  We might be able to be 3-13 and still get the #1 pick but I think our SoS might hurt us in a tiebreaker.

There's no guarantee we're winning any of these games of course.  But usually NFL teams manage to win at least 1 game (and oftentimes at least 2).  If Sam misses the next 2 games with injury though, that probably leaves us with only 4 games where we'd have a realistic shot.  And it's unclear to me how good teams like the Raiders and Dolphins are.  There's a chance those games might be semi-longshots.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, mphtrilogy said:

Arizona
Los Angeles C
Buffalo
Kansas City
New England
Miami
Miami
Las Vegas
Seattle
Los Angeles R
Cleveland
New England

Ok so maybe -not realistically - but within the realm of possibility these games might result in an upset if we get the team back to somewhat full strength (Bell, Mims, Becton etc return). 

Buffalo - Allen is still Allen. They are playing quite well but every team has bad day here and there. 
Miami - Fitz is still Fitz and they are far from a good team. 
Raiders - Carr - see Allen @ Fitz. They are a hot mess still. 
Cleveland - Mayfield sucks. Just like them to lay down with nothing to play for after being eliminated from playoffs and eff us over from getting the top pick. 

The other teams will wipe the floor with us. 

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I disagree. 

We are very effective at hiting the QB after the play is over.  We easily lead the league in that stat.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The games in red are probably the ones we have the best chance to win.  (I'm not saying we will win these btw).  If we go 2-4 in these games, I think we're looking at #1 overall.  We might be able to be 3-13 and still get the #1 pick but I think our SoS might hurt us in a tiebreaker.

There's no guarantee we're winning any of these games of course.  But usually NFL teams manage to win at least 1 game (and oftentimes at least 2).  If Sam misses the next 2 games with injury though, that probably leaves us with only 4 games where we'd have a realistic shot.  And it's unclear to me how good teams like the Raiders and Dolphins are.  There's a chance those games might be semi-longshots.

They'll be an underdog in every game.

We have to recognize that Flacco, even as a statue, might give the Jets a better chance to win.  The guy can throw.  :(

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Majority of those teams are smack the sh*t outta us Watch.. i think we might take one miami . But if sam hurt all bets are off.

• Upvote 1

The defense is atrocious! Absolutely zero pass rush. They just gave up 37 points to a 3rd string practice squad QB! 
Only way Jets won a game is Mims, Bell, Perriman back, healthy Oline, Sam goes off, could happen, I’m seeing 2-14 season. 

• Upvote 1