Congrats To Adam Gase!

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It doesn't matter who the interim is.  The interim will not be the hed coach.  We have a better chance oof 0-16 with Gase than wothout him, I'll give you that.  Between Miami and here...  worst HC in the NFL.

If you think about it, it's our only option.  This isn't something a new coach can change.  We have no talent, especially on D, its unfathomable.

Ride it out, get the #1 pick, rebuild the franchise in a single draft and FA offseason, figure out what to do with the coaching staff.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Team fought to the end, didn't quit on their head coach, Gase is safe for the year.

We're tracking to the #1 pick, get Trevor for Adam and change our offensive fortunes.

Defense quit on Williams, Gregg's a gonner.

All in all, a great night.

SAR I

Sar I appreciate you but you can’t actually believe this. Our red zone play calling would set other teams back 50 years. When we scored the defensive td gase has no clue how to punch it in for 2 so he cut off half the field and left Sam no options. He’s an offensive genius like I’m a male Adonis. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It's clear that nothing is going to save this season, winning the division was the only path to the playoffs and all we can hope for is a wlidcard now.

So we stick with Gase, let him ride it down and take the body blows, get the #1 pick, trade it to the NFC for three 1's, and get that major talent infusion we desperately need.  Coaching isn't our problem; the roster is.

SAR I

We got 2 #1s and a #3 for Jamal.  You think we're only getting 3 #1's for Trevor?

Trevor will probably just stay in school if we pick 1st overall though.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I have been a Jets fan for almost 50 years - this game was about as embarrassing as they come. yes the team lacks talent, but they also lack decipline. But the poor play calling, the chicken sh*t call on 4th and 1/2, running the oldest running back in football up the middle on almost every 1st down and twice in the red zone. That is all on the coach. I don't know if I can follow this team if Gase is here next year. Accountability starts on the top.

Gase must go. And they should release at least 1 or 2 players tomorrow.

Gase played chicken-sh*t; if Douglas doesn't do anything, he is too.

I agree 100%

This is the worst coached Jets team I have seen since Kotite and I mean that....

Even Kotite’s Jets played hard every game   Horrible!!!

Bowles was a much better coached team!!

What is sad is this is acceptable to Jets ownership.  Even Leon Hess wouldnt have accepted this! :(  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mo Lew said:

Sar I appreciate you but you can’t actually believe this. Our red zone play calling would set other teams back 50 years. When we scored the defensive td gase has no clue how to punch it in for 2 so he cut off half the field and left Sam no options. He’s an offensive genius like I’m a male Adonis. 

We had 1 actual NFL receiver on the field the entire game and a QB that was missing half his throws badly and with a bum shoulder to boot.  You can't blame the playcalling. 

And in the end, we had a lead with 6 minutes to go and once again our D couldn't close it out.  If Baby Huey doesn't grab a facemask and if half the D accounts for Melvin Gordon, we win this game.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We had 1 actual NFL receiver on the field the entire game and a QB that was missing half his throws badly and with a bum shoulder to boot.  You can't blame the playcalling. 

And in the end, we had a lead with 6 minutes to go and once again our D couldn't close it out.  If Baby Huey doesn't grab a facemask and if half the D accounts for Melvin Gordon, we win this game.  

SAR I

Huh?  We did win this game.

39 minutes ago, docdhc said:

If that was a great night I’d hate to see a bad one. That 4 th and 1/2 yard play to kick a field goal was gutless,  make the first down and go for a td to win the game!  Gase plays scared and that’s why we didn’t win tonight. Also a great call on that 2 point conversion which never had a chance. The guy is a lousy offensive coordinator as well as a lousy head coach. 

This.

If his job truly was secure, he’d have gone for it on that fourth down play.

That was a missed opportunity to show confidence in Sam and his offence.

then with the game on the line, it’s 2nd and short , the minute warning forthcoming, 3 timeouts in his pocket, and he call 3 pass plays in a row? Not one bloody run? Suddenly Gore disappears!

i don’t get the logic.

this guy had the chance to snatch victory out game that can only be described as a dumpster fire with all of them personal fouls.

Get him as far away as possible from Sam ASAP.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We got 2 #1s and a #3 for Jamal.  You think we're only getting 3 #1's for Trevor?

Trevor will probably just stay in school if we pick 1st overall though.

If we pick first and if he doesn't want to play here, his agent will make that known to the Jets and provide a list of teams he will play for.  We'd be foolish to pass up the opportunity to get that haul of picks, so we'd draft him and trade him and fix a multitude of problems.  If he wants to come out, he'll come out.

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Team fought to the end, didn't quit on their head coach, Gase is safe for the year.

We're tracking to the #1 pick, get Trevor for Adam and change our offensive fortunes.

SAR I

Yes, because Adam Gase has proven how great he is with a young, talented QB.

I don't want to see the Jets draft Lawrence, just because I just don't want to see that kind of talent go to waste.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yep if this and if that, and if the other thing we barely beat another 0-3 team playing with almost as many injuries as the Jets and starting their 3rd string QB. Wow, what a victory that would have been.

Bad and predictable play calling. Undisciplined defense. The chicken-s$ call on 4th and 1/2. Lack of preparation. Williams has let this team down with his coaching, but the buck stops at the head coach. Why do you insist on making excuses for a coach who is supposed to be a QB whisperer who is well on his way to ruining his 2nd promising QB?

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Good lord, man.  Give your brain a chance...

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Why do you insist on making excuses for a coach who is supposed to be a QB whisperer who is well on his way to ruining his 2nd promising QB?

Because I don't think he's a good offensive coordinator but I think he's a very good head coach.

We need both, you know.  So in the offseason, we go get a great offensive coordinator and a quarterback coach and let those two manage the offense.  Then we let Gase focus on the team as a whole like 90% of the teams in the NFL do.

And they're not excuses.  They're reasons.  There comes a point when the injuries are so absolute and so ridiculous that there isn't much either Gase or Darnold can do.  And since you're handing out advice, you should stop excusing years of terrible drafting as an Adam Gase problem.  I wish it was.  It goes much deeper.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because I don't think he's a good offensive coordinator but I think he's a very good head coach.

We need both, you know.  So in the offseason, we go get a great offensive coordinator and a quarterback coach and let those two manage the offense.  Then we let Gase focus on the team as a whole like 90% of the teams in the NFL do.

And they're not excuses.  They're reasons.  There comes a point when the injuries are so absolute and so ridiculous that there isn't much either Gase or Darnold can do.  And since you're handing out advice, you should stop excusing years of terrible drafting as an Adam Gase problem.  I wish it was.  It goes much deeper.

SAR I

If Gase is a HC rather than just OC, then why would you say that GW is a goner but not Gase?

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Gase is a HC rather than just OC, then why would you say that GW is a goner but not Gase?

Gase has proven that he can keep the team together and motivated while changing a culture, all while losing games with a depleted and injured roster.  Having his guys believe in him under these circumstances when the whole organization is not comfortable is not easy to do.  Several Jets coaches have gotten fired for failing to navigate similar waters.  Gase is a good HC.  OC, not so much.  Without the burden of being HC, OC and quarterback coach he can focus on getting the whole team to play better.  He's doing too much right now.

Gregg has a history of burning out his defense emotionally.  He comes in like a drill sergeant, gets lackadaisical guys to play super hard, but then his tactics and personality start to fall on deaf ears, not much different than Rex Ryan and other bombastic DC's.  It's not Gregg's fault, it's just how players react these days.  It's clear the D has quit on him.  The mindless penalties, the constant chunk plays, the inability to tackle.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

His offense did score one TD on that brilliant 50 yard run he drew up for Darnold

The funny thing about that run is you could tell that the entire Denver defense was confused and they sort of just became spectators. It was like "wiat Darnold is running? But we were told he never runs, aww crap I guess I need to try and tackle him"

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You really are bringing your troll shtick to a whole other level at this point. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase has proven that he can keep the team together and motivated while changing a culture, all while losing games with a depleted and injured roster.  Having his guys believe in him under these circumstances when the whole organization is not comfortable is not easy to do.  Several Jets coaches have gotten fired for failing to navigate similar waters.  Gase is a good HC.  OC, not so much.  Without the burden of being HC, OC and quarterback coach he can focus on getting the whole team to play better.  He's doing too much right now.

Gregg has a history of burning out his defense emotionally.  He comes in like a drill sergeant, gets lackadaisical guys to play super hard, but then his tactics and personality start to fall on deaf ears, not much different than Rex Ryan and other bombastic DC's.  It's not Gregg's fault, it's just how players react these days.  It's clear the D has quit on him.  The mindless penalties, the constant chunk plays, the inability to tackle.

SAR I

I thought you said Gase coaches the whole team?  Now you're saying he doesn't coach the defense?

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you think about it, it's our only option.  This isn't something a new coach can change.  We have no talent, especially on D, its unfathomable.

Ride it out, get the #1 pick, rebuild the franchise in a single draft and FA offseason, figure out what to do with the coaching staff.  

SAR I

Let's go 0-16 and fire the entire coaching staff except for Gase. 

Next year we hand over the development of Trevor Lawrence 100% to Gase, as he's proven himself over the past 1+ years to be a QB whisperer.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought you said Gase coaches the whole team?  Now you're saying he doesn't coach the defense?

That's what you told me last year.  Gregg got 100% of the credit for the great play of the defense last year.  So he gets 100% of the discredit for this year's train wreck.

Last year you told me that Gase is only responsible for the offense.  They played hard last night.  For a group that untalented and injured, they played inspiring football.  That kid Smith busted his ass.  Old man Gore gave every ounce.

Gregg Williams defense has quit on him.  It's a shame.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's go 0-16 and fire the entire coaching staff except for Gase. 

Next year we hand over the development of Trevor Lawrence 100% to Gase, as he's proven himself over the past 1+ years to be a QB whisperer.

Trevor Lawrence and his agent have no intentions of coming here.  The play is to find a nice NFC team that he agrees to play for and get a slew of first and second round draft picks for him.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what you told me last year.  Gregg got 100% of the credit for the great play of the defense last year.  So he gets 100% of the discredit for this year's train wreck.

Last year you told me that Gase is only responsible for the offense.  They played hard last night.  For a group that untalented and injured, they played inspiring football.  That kid Smith busted his ass.  Old man Gore gave every ounce.

Gregg Williams defense has quit on him.  It's a shame.

SAR I

Where do YOU stand on this topic?  In your opinion, is Gase in charge of the defense ("coach of the whole team") or not?  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

For the record, SAR has admitted he doesn't think this way any longer as is clearly evidenced by the post below.

56 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Where do YOU stand on this topic?  In your opinion, is Gase in charge of the defense ("coach of the whole team") or not?  

As currently constituted, Gase runs the offense and Gregg is left alone to run the defense.

Next year, I would like to see that changed.  I would like Gase to just be a head coach, hire a new OC, hire a new DC.  But for now, it's what it is.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Trevor Lawrence and his agent have no intentions of coming here.  The play is to find a nice NFC team that he agrees to play for and get a slew of first and second round draft picks for him.

SAR I

SAR I

How do you know Trevor Lawrence and his agent don't want to come to the Jets?  Assuming you read this somewhere?  Source?  Just curious.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

As currently constituted, Gase runs the offense and Gregg is left alone to run the defense.

Next year, I would like to see that changed.  I would like Gase to just be a head coach, hire a new OC, hire a new DC.  But for now, it's what it is.

SAR I

So then GW and his defense was responsible for the 6 wins in the final 8 games last year.  Got it!

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What is stopping the mods from banning SAR, exactly?  It's clear that posters can't help themselves and are unable to ignore him, and we've banned trolls for much less. 

Has he earned the latitude to stay for some reason?  

Everyone should do this then no one would respond to his drivel.

You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I

2 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

SAR I

How do you know Trevor Lawrence and his agent don't want to come to the Jets?  Assuming you read this somewhere?  Source?  Just curious.

Just a hunch that if he's the generational talent we're told he is and he has the ability to stay in school, he has the leverage to trigger the Jets to move him to another team.  Besides, I'd rather surround Darnold with 6 first round draft picks and a bunch of seconds than take a chance on another quarterback thrown to the wolves with very little around him.  

SAR I