Congrats To Adam Gase!

TuscanyTile2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So then GW and his defense was responsible for the 6 wins in the final 8 games last year.  Got it!

Surely Gregg had a huge part in last year's second half, he did a great job with that defense.  That's why what's happening right now is such a shock.  This type of drastic regression is completely unexpected.  

Gase's offense was the surprise last year, getting Darnold upright behind that atrocious OL and missing all those WR's, 14 TDs 4 INTs 93.3 QBR, that was a herculean feat.  Let's see if he and Sam can do it again this year.

SAR I

Well lately it seems that I have had daily installments sending email posts to NYJ.COM.  I am sure they get sh*t canned before they reach JC and JD but it really does help my sobriety 😎 

Today's installment was a congratulatory post recognizing their collective achievement for reaching another three Jet milestones that will go down in Jet lore: 

1) Losing to three (3) winless teams under one HC 

2) They hired a HC that has supplanted Rich Kotite as the worst HC in Jet history (something I never imaged I see in my lifetime) and 

3) In doing one and two, they have effectively ruined a young promising QB that with the proper coaching and support may have been a FQB.  

Life just doesn't get any better unless sipping hooch in the South Pacific. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

We have no alternative.

Fire Gase, who do you give the job to?  Gregg Williams defense is more responsible for the losses than the offense and their discipline issues are alarming.  Loggains?  Never.  Cooter?  The RB's have been the weakest part of the O since he got here.  

Gase rides out the year.  We get the #1 pick.  The Johnson's then have a ton of options.  

SAR I

Up until last I had hope they would be able to turn the season around. Giving up so many point and letting a third stringer go unscathed is really beyond pale. I would’ve figured the defense, at least, would be loaded for bear and shut down Denver.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because I don't think he's a good offensive coordinator but I think he's a very good head coach.

We need both, you know.  So in the offseason, we go get a great offensive coordinator and a quarterback coach and let those two manage the offense.  Then we let Gase focus on the team as a whole like 90% of the teams in the NFL do.

And they're not excuses.  They're reasons.  There comes a point when the injuries are so absolute and so ridiculous that there isn't much either Gase or Darnold can do.  And since you're handing out advice, you should stop excusing years of terrible drafting as an Adam Gase problem.  I wish it was.  It goes much deeper.

SAR I

I am not blaming Gase for bad drafting and team building. The team is a disaster. There is plenty of blame to go around. But when trying to evaluate any complex system, you have to look at the those aspects in the direct control/effect of a single component.

So, let's forget about the severe lack of talent due to bad roster management, drafting, and injuries. This is why it is hard to evaluate Darnold effectively. Last night's game showed that if you give a QB quality receivers that can get open and time to throw, a rookie can be effective. But, I am not talking about the team or Darnold - I am talking about Gase.

He would only run Bell until Bell got hurt, then he will only run Gore. The rookie from Florida was supposed to have played well, why not use him more? In the Red Zone his play calling was terrible. Instead of playing to Darnold's strengths he is forcing him to throw the dink and dunks. Why don't we have a better offensive coordinator or QB Coach? Why won't Gase let the coordinator call the plays? Multiple articles have indicated that he isn't good for a young QB, we should keep Gase and blow a high draft on another one? He was able to coach Peyton Manning, wonderful, I could coach Manning and I have nothing but an educated fan's knowledge of the position. A good/great coach changes his philosophy to fit the players and the team, not the other way around.

Great coach? What about game time decisions? Playing Becton? Not going for it at 4th and 1/2 yard? Calling timeouts at the end of the game when there was no chance of winning?

Yes, you can't blame Gase for the crappy talent, but we can blame him for the things a Head Coach is supposed to do well.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/2/2020 at 2:47 PM, SAR I said:

Just a hunch that if he's the generational talent we're told he is and he has the ability to stay in school, he has the leverage to trigger the Jets to move him to another team.  Besides, I'd rather surround Darnold with 6 first round draft picks and a bunch of seconds than take a chance on another quarterback thrown to the wolves with very little around him.  

SAR I

ok, thanks