Report: Jets are not making a change at head coach

Rhg1084

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Even if the offense improves the defense is awful. There is literally nothing the Jets can hang their hat on.

Hey we got a good kicker and punter and the punter is best tackler on the team. He at least allowed us to stay in the game. Now we just need 50 other players since we have a LT as well.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

7156C3E6-8BF6-49A5-A354-FD9E0C5F52EA.jpeg.2aa0edc2779bc94cadb902bcf92b5c87.jpeg

My heart wants Gase gone tomorrow, my head knows that JD is ripping everything down from HC to QB and it truly doesn’t make a difference...sucks...but we’ll get through it.

I didn't think so but now it all makes more sense... 6 year deal for him... Only 1 year deals for FA... basically to Gase, coach your way out of this or your not good enough to coach... 

I know its not super popular but I still think Rex is one of the better hires... He gets players to play better then they are, he made the Jets relevant, he did it with a average to below average QB. He has had the chance to see a lot of things from the otherside and I think he will be better. I also know that he really wants another shot and is very dedicated to the Jets for giving him the shot in the first place. He really wants the team to be good.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Gase has to go. That's a no brainer. But, why all this trust in that Big dope Joe. What has he really done? Went bargain shopping on the O-Line (All 3 of those guys suck), let Robby Anderson go (2 years- 9 million each) Peanuts. Traded our best player/ impact player for two first round picks in the 30's (So basically 2 high second rounders) Signed injury prone Perriman. We are ****ed for years to come. We deserve better. SAD SAD SAD.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, #90 said:

Gase has to go. That's a no brainer. But, why all this trust in that Big dope Joe. What has he really done? Went bargain shopping on the O-Line (All 3 of those guys suck), let Robby Anderson go (2 years- 9 million each) Peanuts. Traded our best player/ impact player for two first round picks in the 30's (So basically 2 high second rounders) Signed injury prone Perriman. We are ****ed for years to come. We deserve better. SAD SAD SAD.

If Douglas‘s draft picks work out, he’ll be considered a genius on this board in 2-3 years, but I agree that a lot of his short term moves look bad so far.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The longer we keep Gase, the more I'll fear they'll do something Jetsy like win just enough games to save his job.

Just get it over now so I can relax.

Look at the schedule.  I’m pretty sure tonights game is the ONLY one winnable, especially with Gase...this is an 0-16 team.  It’s not even a professional team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I didn't think so but now it all makes more sense... 6 year deal for him... Only 1 year deals for FA... basically to Gase, coach your way out of this or your not good enough to coach... 

I know its not super popular but I still think Rex is one of the better hires... He gets players to play better then they are, he made the Jets relevant, he did it with a average to below average QB. He has had the chance to see a lot of things from the otherside and I think he will be better. I also know that he really wants another shot and is very dedicated to the Jets for giving him the shot in the first place. He really wants the team to be good.

Look to the future, not the past. Sports reunions usually don’t work out.

Won't watch a single second of this trash organization until Gase is gone.  I hope they go 0-16 and hope Trevor pulls an Elway. I also hope no coach wants to lead this team.  The Johnsons deserve complete and utter failure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

He gave him the chance to prove himself... he is regressing... can't blame that on JD

How does one prove themself with the worst set of WRS and RBs in the league and a bottom 5 o line again?

Has 1 single free agent signing he made worked out since he has been here? Even last season after he took over all his moves turned out horrible. He got a pass then. 

Douglas fielded one of the worst rosters I have ever witnessed as a jets fan. Absolutely laughable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Look to the future, not the past. Sports reunions usually don’t work out.

Pete Carroll, worked..

Jon Gruden, working

Tom Coughlin, worked

Shula, Worked

Vermeil, Worked

Parcells, Worked

Holmgren, worked

Reid, Worked

Flores, failed

Ditka, Failed

Jimmy Johnson, Failed

Belichick, Worked

Shannahan, worked and then failed

gibbs, failed

There are plenty that did work

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

How does one prove themself with the worst set of WRS and RBs in the league and a bottom 5 o line again?

Has 1 single free agent signing he made worked out since he has been here? Even last season after he took over all his moves turned out horrible. He got a pass then. 

Douglas fielded one of the worst rosters I have ever witnessed as a jets fan. Absolutely laughable.

In which JD has had 1 offseason and draft to fix... impossible task... Darnold would raise the play of those around him... He is broken... because of the Jets. Jets broke Darnold... That is not JDs fault... he is just moving forward with the best way to fix it

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RSJ said:

This smells like a designed tank

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

my guess is JD is just letting it all burn down.  he seems ready to move on from Darnold because if he wasn't, Gase would be gone and they'd evaluate him further with someone else.

The adams trade was the final signal that this was going to happen.  With gase here through the end of the season and with this schedule the jets could well get the first pick, trade darnold and get a new coach.  I think douglas’ main objective this year was to have his draft picks play well so he could show he’s a good talent evaluator.  If darnold failed, well, he wasn’t that great to begin with and he didn’t draft him.  

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why aren't we firing Gase? Because we allowed Gase to surround himself with guys no one would ever consider to be a head coach. It was a brilliant move for job security. 

Giants were smart enough to hire Garret as head coach. He may suck but at least he is capable of stepping in and running a team for a few weeks.

The way this team is structured is that the GM did NOT hire the coach and the coach did NOT hire his DC. The HC also helped to hire the GM and so on. This WHOLE organization is completely and utterly dysfunctional. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

The way this team is structured is that the GM did NOT hire the coach and the coach did NOT hire his DC. The HC also helped to hire the GM and so on. This WHOLE organization is completely and utterly dysfunctional. 

How long you been a fan? Duh...

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

My heart wants Gase gone tomorrow, my head knows that JD is ripping everything down from HC to QB and it truly doesn’t make a difference...sucks...but we’ll get through it.

only thing you can do is hope all the injured draft picks come back and we can see what we got here.  only thing im interested in now is mims, hall, davis, zuniga and clark. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

my guess is JD is just letting it all burn down.  he seems ready to move on from Darnold because if he wasn't, Gase would be gone and they'd evaluate him further with someone else.

Why don't people understand that JD has no authority over Gase? JD can't fire Gase.

There was no way Gase was getting fired before the end of the season. The Johnsons have never fired anyone during the season. People who thought Gase would get fired today are delusional.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, I don’t know, man. If you’re trying to attract a new coach to come here, is it better to let Gase stay on and let the national media laugh at us every week, or is it better to fire him now and at least change the narrative a little bit? 

Just now, viffer said:

Why don't people understand that JD has no authority over Gase? JD can't fire Gase.

There was no way Gase was getting fired before the end of the season. The Johnsons have never fired anyone during the season. People who thought Gase would get fired today are delusional.

i completely understand that the way the jets are run is inefficient and doesn't work, so JD going to CJ and recommending gase being fired might have made a difference.  as for them never firing anyone during the season, how well has that worked out for them?  maybe, if CJ had half a brain, he would have heard literally everyone talking about how bad of a coach gase is and listened to the GM he gave a 6 yr contract to and fired that buffoon.  

the jets are turning into the mets.  bad ownership has officially permeated every level of this team and again made it the circus i thought they've moved on from.  maybe Steve Cohen will offer the Johnson's some money for the team and rescue us all.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, viffer said:

I prefer the term "Optimist"