So Now What

We have to find out what the overall plans for the Jets are.  Right now Gase is a bit like Larry Scott of the Pac-12.  The people in charge of his retaining him have empowered him with complete job security.  So until we get an official word on parameters regarding what's expected the remaining 12 games... who knows?  But I imagine things are just going to get worse on all fronts.  The lack of basic discipline and player relations is even beginning to affect Williams .  Bringing the "cheap shot" shouts out if the woodwork. Larry Scott in tge perfect comp for Gase actually.. A complete incompetent who will destroy something bevause of an insane belief ability.  And CJ and Douglas for whatever reasomd are backing jim up.  This will not end well for  all involved.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Discuss

What now?  Even a broken clock is right 2x a day.  We'll somehow manage a win or 2 and fk up our shot at the draft.   That's what.

It's going to be a disappointing season in oh so many ways. 

On the brighter side, at least today for the first time this year I didn't turn off the game before halftime.       

2 hours ago, sciond said:

I am here remembering how mad the Jets were in preseason when told they were rated as the worst team in the league.... So I will sit back and watch them live up to expectations...

Just a con.

The Jet players are tied right into that Larry David gif that gets posted all over...”they don’t give a F*ck”.

You understand that now, right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

just look at the schedule.  tell me where a win is?

One of the Miami games would seem the most likely (though still not all that "likely" if you know what I mean).

Or a team will rest their starters (and key backups) and we'll squeak out a morale-boosting late season win ... John Idzik will arrive in the locker room to hug Adam Gase and announce four more years ... 

I don't even know what to say at this point,

That was a complete and utter disgrace. 

They are the Knicks. No matter what they do it blows up in their faces.

Go draft Lawrence. Maybe he will be good. Most likely he won't and just keep the cycle going.

Same Old Jets

The more things change the more they stay the same.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. Fanbase in full “root against the Jets for picks” mode, I expect.

2. Some of us won’t post as much. Why bother really?

3. Same old same old for many.

All joking aside, that really is the saddest part for me.  Every year our season is over early and we have no shot at the playoffs.   Every week, we all just sit through our games hoping  for HCs to get fired, a better QB draft pick, or mostly because it's our team and it's what we do.   After (LITERALLY FOR  ME) decades, this situation just grates on you and makes the awesome NFL season irrelevant and annoying.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jamesr said:

One of the Miami games would seem the most likely (though still not all that "likely" if you know what I mean).

Or a team will rest their starters (and key backups) and we'll squeak out a morale-boosting late season win ... John Idzik will arrive in the locker room to hug Adam Gase and announce four more years ... 

we got the browns and pats week 16 and 17.  i don't see either team in a comfortable enough position to rest anyone.  0-16, 1-15 is likely.

Just removed my Jets head cover and towel  from my Golf bag, removed my license plate cover and will NOT wear any Jets gear 

until we see adults in the room.

The JETS are WORSE than a dumpster fire.  ANY person who can defend the Johnsons is on crack.

Woody is a buffoon and Chris is his bitch.

Hard to say much. It’s very tough to put ones finger on the real problem. This is becoming Douglas team so the Mac blame gets farther and farther in the rear view mirror. Gase? He’s certainly been hampered by a general low talent level plus way too many injuries.  It’s awful tough to game plan without knowing who is playing. Darnold? With the exception of crowder there doesn’t seem to be another receiver that he has faith in. Herndon and griffin have been dropping balls. Berrios and now smith have shown flashes but not enough to build a good confidence with the Qb.

Defense? They don’t appear to be playing as a team. The line is not getting pressure and it doesn’t look like the blitzes are being disguised very well. The dbs are frequently out of position.  And then there are penalties. Mostly these are stupid. Players should know better. Williams needs to do a better job of making sure they don’t beat themselves. Last nights game could’ve gone a different direction had they played a clean game.

specials? When the punter has to make the tackle you know things aren’t going well.  They’ve given up quite a bit of return yardage.  These are the hidden yards.

the bottom line is they need to play as a team and understand how the game is to be played.  This is mainly on gase since he’s the coach.

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Right - and remember Joe Douglas having the audacity to say that they were pissed by the media disrespect and intent on proving people wrong. LOL. 

Actually, of all the issues - this is my biggest concern right now.

The big question.  Did JD know he was putting a losing product on the field? and was just saying the right things.

Or

Did he think he had built a competitive roster?

I've been okay with everything going on because I've been under the assumption that JD was tearing everything down, take this big down year and will start a rebuild next year. 

But man, if he thought this was an NFL caliber roster then I am truly worried.

Honestly, I need to ask......

When was the last time fans felt confident that the team was going to be good after 3 games? We already know this team is hosed for 2020 and the last two seasons it's taken a single game to know that.