If you were Trevor Lawrence, would you play for the Jets?

jgb

WWTD?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Trevor, would you come play here?

• Yeah, I already said I was leaving school and it would be dishonorable to reverse course.
    • HELL NO. I will use every possible maneuver I can to not play for this team. Need to consider my future,

Yes.

The situation might not be that bad. Gase will be long gone. Coaches will want to work with Lawrence. We’d have another 1st and the 33rd pick to get potential starters as well as having the cap room to bring talent in.

It’s up to Douglas really to not make the mistakes Mac made with Sam.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

He'll have 40 million reasons to play for whoever drafts him.  If his handlers have any brains whatsoever, they will not let him put a lottery ticket in his pocket and not cash it in for a year.  Asinine.   

There's more than one way to go about this. If this guy could figure that out, anyone can.

The many faces of Eli Manning - YouTube

Would I personally choose to go to the Jets myself, if it were up to me?  No.

If I were to be drafted by the Jets, would I play for them?  Yes.

Those are two dramatically different things, and is the reason why plenty of kids go and play for a variety of horrible teams, including the Jets.  Granted, I know the point is you can be an intolerable douche in an attempt to force it, but not a lot of folks would really go that route if it came to it, no matter how tough we may want to talk, particularly when there's excessive amounts of money on the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

There's more than one way to go go about this. If this guy could figure that out, anyone can.

The many faces of Eli Manning - YouTube

The Manning family is football royalty.  That was a special circumstance that has not been repeated since.  The modern elite college football player will NEVER pass up lottery ticket guaranteed money and risk injury to wait a year to avoid playing for a specific team, and Lawrence doesn't have the pedigree to pull off a Manning type power play move.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

CJ better start collecting small unmarked bills now to pay Dabo whatever the Hell he wants to become our next HC. It may be the only way to get Travor in the door.

besides the mannings who are already rich. no one has these kinda story’s.  Great QB prospects go to bad teams every year... Matt stafford went to 0-16 lions . 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Don’t be a fool, stay in school.

why go to the most dysfunctional organization in football? They can’t draft, the can’t coach, they can’t play. 

Yea stay in school and risk getting hurt and kissing 1 billion dollars down the drain.  Brilliant.

Sad part is No, of course he doesn't want to come here... But If you sell him on the fact that They have 3 other first rounders and 3 more 2nd rounders over the next two years and nearly the most money in the NFL to fill gaps, with hopefully a desirable HC then maybe.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Manning family is football royalty.  That was a special circumstance that has not been repeated since.  The modern elite college football player will NEVER pass up lottery ticket guaranteed money and risk injury to wait a year to avoid playing for a specific team.  

Uh huh. I think you (a) underestimate just how coveted Lawrence is and (b) just how atrocious the Jets reputation is amongst those who plan to depend on this sport for their livelihood.

People with options--and this is coaches, FAs, everyone--do not choose the Jets. Trevor Lawrence will have more leverage than any prospect in a very long time.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Or simply refuse to sign. Trevor is 86x the prospect Eli was and it worked for him.

You're missing one excessively important point.  The mindset of the guys with the level of talent to be getting drafted that high never has them believing for a moment that they are so reliant on the team for their success.  We all know full well that move came from Archie, not Eli.

• Upvote 2

Hmm, continue banging co-eds at an historic pace and get treated like a god for one more year....

OR...

Come to a place where my team literally runs out of Offensive Tackles during a game, the chance of getting Mono actually INCREASES, and even the pumped in crowd noise is booing me....

Tough call.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2