Herndon sucks

Chris Herndon vs Jace Amaro.  At this point of his career, Herndon is averaging 4 more receiving yards per game than Amaro.  Herndon is the better player (I think) but comparisons to Jace Amaro are not a good thing.

Totals 

Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Jace Amaro 2014 2016 4 17 41 404 2 9.9 43
2 Chris Herndon 2018 2020 4 21 51 583 4 11.4 32

Per Game 

Receiving
Rk Player From To Rec Yds TD
1 Jace Amaro 2014 2016 2.4 23.8 0.1
2 Chris Herndon 2018 2020 2.4 27.8 0.2

• Upvote 2

People think I'm joking or being a dick, but I legit think since he hasn't been a drunk that it has hurt his playing ability. He played ball at the U, and was probably a god. He partied, and drank a ton and was allowed to be what he was. He continued his same BS as a pro and then when finally called out.. this is whats left of him. A semi-sober dickhead who is scared when he sees the ball coming at him. 

• Upvote 1

Herndon looked good his rookie year.  He's never looked good under Gase.

Darnold looked good his rookie year.  He's never looked good under Gase.

We've seen promising players regress under Gase and several (i.e. Tannehill, etc.) prosper once getting out from under him.

Let's not overcomplicate things.  The problem has become more and more obvious by the week.  But we still have a certain segment of fans who are blaming all these players for bad performance and injuries under a Head Coach who is notorious for having players perform badly and get injured.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

Well, I’m going to get killed for this but I watched Chris play for many years at the U and the kid is a baller. I don’t know what’s going on right now, but mark my words he is an excellent TE and I know he will come around.
Sorry y’all but I have to think Gase and his dumb ass offense is just killing the heart of his players.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Well, I’m going to get killed for this but I watched Chris play for many years at the U and the kid is a baller. I don’t know what’s going on right now, but mark my words he is an excellent TE and I know he will come around.
Sorry y’all but I have to think Gase and his dumb ass offense is just killing the heart of his players.

Amparticularly impressed with how Gase has made Herndon slow and plodding, and most ofall, the mind meld required to force him to drop passes... impressive

• Upvote 1

Herndon is sorta following the path of ASJ.  Both guys showed some real promise. Both showed some good ability during their first jet season and both faded as the seasons progressed. Maybe Herndon will get his head on straight. He needs to realize that even if he doesn’t want to be a jet what is does on the field is an audition for his next team and contract.

10 hours ago, fltflo said:

hello chris.....   thx for keeping our tank dreams alive

Herdon wishes he got the same treatment as Darnold. Once you start justifying poor performance on supporting cast, there’s no way off the train. It is the mother of all circular arguments. 

To wit, perhaps Herdon is a secretly-elite TE in hiding and just needs competent QB to throw to him.

15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Herndon looked good his rookie year.  He's never looked good under Gase.

Darnold looked good his rookie year.  He's never looked good under Gase.

We've seen promising players regress under Gase and several (i.e. Tannehill, etc.) prosper once getting out from under him.

Let's not overcomplicate things.  The problem has become more and more obvious by the week.  But we still have a certain segment of fans who are blaming all these players for bad performance and injuries under a Head Coach who is notorious for having players perform badly and get injured.

Herndon looked like an avg TE. DVOA #17  middle of  the pack

Sam looked like a rookie in over his head. DVOA #30

JN cant evaluate talent worth a damn. Hope projection onto avg and below avg players leads to blindness.  Simple.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Herndon looked like an avg TE. DVOA #17  middle of  the pack

Sam looked like a rookie in over his head. DVOA #30

JN cant evaluate talent worth a damn. Hope projection onto avg and below avg players leads to blindness.  Simple.

The last quarter of his rookie season he was the highest rated passer in football. No matter what you think of passer ratings, there is a gulf between that and a rookie over his head. He certainly didn't look like one in the Houston game.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The last quarter of his rookie season he was the highest rated passer in football. No matter what you think of passer ratings, there is a gulf between that and a rookie over his head. He certainly didn't look like one in the Houston game.

Geno has a game one with a perfect rating to end the season. You can slice and dice sample sizes to make statistics say whatever you wish.

FWIW, NFL.com just rated Darnold the worst starter in the league.

51 minutes ago, jgb said:

Geno has a game one with a perfect rating to end the season. You can slice and dice sample sizes to make statistics say whatever you wish.

FWIW, NFL.com just rated Darnold the worst starter in the league.

So you're comparing Geno to Darnold. Doesn't help your credibility. 

How do they have the Jets receivers and offensive line and running game rated? 

And now my original point and the post I was responding to has been obliterated to suit your purposes. Cool. Don't respond because I'm not. We'll be talking about Mark Sanchez pretty soon and the Chad Pennington after that IN A THREAD ABOUT CHRIS HERNDON.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:31 AM, Skeet Ulrich said:

I can't believe I thought the Jets had something with this guy. Good lord, is he awful.

That drop on the second to last drive of the game was grounds for a cut.

I must say, I'm shocked to see a promising player look terrible with Adam Gase at the helm.  This is a first.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So you're comparing Geno to Darnold. Doesn't help your credibility. 

How do they have the Jets receivers and offensive line and running game rated? 

And now my original point and the post I was responding to has been obliterated to suit your purposes. Cool. Don't respond because I'm not. We'll be talking about Mark Sanchez pretty soon and the Chad Pennington after that IN A THREAD ABOUT CHRIS HERNDON.

Ok who do you compare Darnold to then? Geno and Darnold stats eerily similar. Both played for the GD Jets. And I’m hearing the exact same narrative to excuse poor performance for both. you got a better comparator I’m all ears.

PS: JN credibility is the greatest contrary indicator on earth. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called a troll only to be proven right 

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok who do you compare Darnold to then? Geno and Darnold stats eerily similar. Both played for the GD Jets. And I’m hearing the exact same narrative to excuse poor performance for both. you got a better comparator I’m all ears.

PS: JN credibility is the greatest contrary indicator on earth. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called a troll only to be proven right 

I don't know how you call 36 TD and 28 Int. vs 25 TD and 34 interceptions and 60 percent completion vs 57 percent eerily similar. 

I'm sure we can find a guy that threw more 40 tds to  26 interceptions with a 64 or 65 completion percentage and call him eerily similar to Darnold then? And if THAT guy is eerily similar to Darnold, then I guess we can bump this third guy up to a FOURTH guy who is even better than the third guy and call HIM similar to Darnold, but maybe not EERILY similar? And maybe kind of similar to Geno Smith?

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't know how you call 36 TD and 28 Int. vs 25 TD and 34 interceptions and 60 percent completion vs 57 percent eerily similar. 

I'm sure we can find a guy that threw more 40 tds to  26 interceptions with a 64 or 65 completion percentage and call him eerily similar to Darnold then? And if THAT guy is eerily similar to Darnold, then I guess we can bump this third guy up to a FOURTH guy who is even better than the third guy and call HIM similar to Darnold, but maybe not EERILY similar? And maybe kind of similar to Geno Smith?

Nice evasion. You don't have a better name. Thanks for playing.

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yes, yes, Green Balls, I evaded by directly posting the stats of the two people you compared to each other. Oh, Johnny.

A comparison doesn't mean "exactly the same dude."

Provide an alternative. Should be easy if mine is to "off base."

On 10/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, FidelioJet said:

Another player this fan base mostly crowned as a star without any proof to support it.

Okay but last year Griffin was a solid player, what happened to him??? Is he hurting?  I can't believe both Herndon and Griffin all of sudden forgot how to play football...  Not saying either were world beaters but damn, they were better than this... 

• Upvote 1