Jump to content

The Jets Could Win With The Current Roster Under A Good Coach


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Jets are a total mess.  It is all due to Gase.  He is a team killer. For anyone sticking up for Gase and pointing to the roster as the reason the Jets are so bad.  Forget it.  Granted, they d

Yeah, this is not correct.

We need a coach that will run more wheel routes for our 37 year old RB in the RZ. 

It's the opposite, actually.

Paper-thin roster, a decade of Idzik/Maccagnan failures, FA's with no character, too many injuries.  The problems are way deeper than a single head coach.  I wish it were that easy. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Becton, Q and Maye could start for another team.  Maybe McGovern, Bell and Crowder.  The rest would be back ups, practice squad or Costco...

They AINT being used correctly.  That is why they look so bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets are a total mess.  It is all due to Gase.  He is a team killer.

For anyone sticking up for Gase and pointing to the roster as the reason the Jets are so bad.  Forget it.  Granted, they don't have a stellar roster, but the reason they perform like a complete disaster is all a result of the coach.

A qualified HC could move the ball with the roster they have.  

Let's take stock of what the Jets have in the warehouse.

1. They don't have any depth at WR

2. They have two TE's in Griffin and Herdon (who all of a sudden sucks)

3.. They have a very mobile and elusive qb

4. They have a lot of new beef on the offensive line, and they are, as a unit, more of the athletic type of offensive lineman than a brick wall.

What wold this suggest to any HC or OC with some ability ???

***RUN A TWO TE OFFENSE WITH LOTS OF MOTION AND MISDIRECTION AND PLAY ACTION***

I GUARANTEE YOU... A CAPABLE COACH COULD MAKE A GO OF IT WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER !!!

What does Gase see and do ???

Um... DUH.... Let me stick with the only offense I know about.  Um... DUHHH... Static pocket, no motion, no play action (with a QB who would thrive on those things), a passing game that is predicated on overloading zones with multiple WR's (which we don't have) and then, we need precise rout running and timing and ball placement (which we cant do).

Are you starting to understand yet just what a total, inept charlatan that Gase is ???

Only a jock sniffer line Johnson would be conned by this football zero and team killer

Andy Reid would look at this team and say "Thanks but no thanks"

This team other than Becton is pure trash.

The Defense is one of the worst I have seen in all the years of watching football. This is like 1975-76 bad.

I have never seen an offense this bad. Herm's 2005 squad is close but this one takes it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Preposterous. A defense mechanism to help you believe that the Jets are just “one move away”, and that our GM isn’t as bad at his job as Gase is at his. 

The sooner all of you remove your emotional attachments to this team the better it will be.  They don’t deserve your loyalty.  Besides how many players on this team do you really actually like?  If you think about it they’re pretty much unlikable across the board, just going through the motions for a paycheck, kind of like all those 90+ loss Met teams under the Wilpons, down 12 runs, some less than mediocre guy hits a HR and he’s dancing around like he just won the World Series.  Very unlikable.

There isn’t one guy who is 1/10th of say a Wayne Chrebet on this roster.

I actually am looking forward to more double digit blowout losses this year, that will be tagged on the foreheads of everyone in this lame organization.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Andy Reid would look at this team and say "Thanks but no thanks"

This team other than Becton is pure trash.

The Defense is one of the worst I have seen in all the years of watching football. This is like 1975-76 bad.

I have never seen an offense this bad. Herm's 2005 squad is close but this one takes it.

 

Andy Reid, if he had to, would do a much better job than Gase.  You don't do a job because circumstances are ideal.  You do a job because you've got the job. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Andy Reid, if he had to, would do a much better job than Gase.  You don't do a job because circumstances are ideal.  You do a job because you've got the job. 

half this board could do a better job than Gase.

With this ownership and the way things are set up why would an established coach looking for work want to come here ? They might as well sit and wait for a better opening the next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets are a total mess.  It is all due to Gase.  He is a team killer.

For anyone sticking up for Gase and pointing to the roster as the reason the Jets are so bad.  Forget it.  Granted, they don't have a stellar roster, but the reason they perform like a complete disaster is all a result of the coach.

A qualified HC could move the ball with the roster they have.  

Let's take stock of what the Jets have in the warehouse.

1. They don't have any depth at WR

2. They have two TE's in Griffin and Herdon (who all of a sudden sucks)

3.. They have a very mobile and elusive qb

4. They have a lot of new beef on the offensive line, and they are, as a unit, more of the athletic type of offensive lineman than a brick wall.

What wold this suggest to any HC or OC with some ability ???

***RUN A TWO TE OFFENSE WITH LOTS OF MOTION AND MISDIRECTION AND PLAY ACTION***

I GUARANTEE YOU... A CAPABLE COACH COULD MAKE A GO OF IT WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER !!!

What does Gase see and do ???

Um... DUH.... Let me stick with the only offense I know about.  Um... DUHHH... Static pocket, no motion, no play action (with a QB who would thrive on those things), a passing game that is predicated on overloading zones with multiple WR's (which we don't have) and then, we need precise rout running and timing and ball placement (which we cant do).

Are you starting to understand yet just what a total, inept charlatan that Gase is ???

Only a jock sniffer line Johnson would be conned by this football zero and team killer

I agree. It seems like most posters who are disagreeing with you are somehow interpreting your post as suggesting that with a good coach this would be a legit contender. But I'm interpreting your post as Gase is the biggest problem and DESPITE the poor roster, they will not get better until they get rid of him. Moving on from him won't make them a good team. There's a ton of injuries and holes on the roster. However, the fact is the players ARE NOT used correctly and if they were...the Jets would be a better team and win more games, Darnold would progress, the Jets would have an identity, they would have direction, etc.

The head coach is critical and AGAIN, despite the roster, Gase has FAILED.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I agree. It seems like most posters who are disagreeing with you are somehow interpreting your post as suggesting that with a good coach this would be a legit contender. But I'm interpreting your post as Gase is the biggest problem and DESPITE the poor roster, they will not get better until they get rid of him. Moving on from him won't make them a good team. There's a ton of injuries and holes on the roster. However, the fact is the players ARE NOT used correctly and if they were...the Jets would be a better team and win more games, Darnold would progress, the Jets would have an identity, they would have direction, etc.

The head coach is critical and AGAIN, despite the roster, Gase has FAILED.  

THANK YOU !  They would not win the superbowl with this roster under a good HC, but they would not be an on-field embarrassment... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when firing Todd Bowles was supposed to fix ALL of this team's problems?

Fire Gase, absolutely.  Expect an immediate fix once that happens?  No.  Joe Douglas has a ton of work to do in addition to hiring the right coach.

Bowles might not have been a fantastic coach, but I liked him and so did the players. Gase is a total zero in every respect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Bowles might not have been a fantastic coach, but I liked him and so did the players. Gase is a total zero in every respect. 

Right I'm just saying that coaching isn't the only problem with this team.  This is a bottom 3 roster in the league, and has been for about a decade.

That's what happens when you have 12 straight drafts that were either straight up horrible or merely underwhelming.  The last draft this franchise nailed was in 2007.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

THANK YOU !  They would not win the superbowl with this roster under a good HC, but they would not be an on-field embarrassment... 

You do realize that if they fire Gase, they will hire an interim coach?  There is a 95% chance that interim coach is Gregg Williams.  I don't know about you, but the penalties, late hits, personal fouls seemed mostly on the D this week.  I have a feeling we will continue to be an on-field embarrassment.  If you tell me they are hiring Andy Reid, sure fine.  Please don't bring up the corpse of Bill Cowher's chin again though.  He's not coming back and it's probably past him by anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It all starts at the top. It will never get better unless Dumb and Dumber sells the team or they are forced to change the Organizational structure. Neither is likely to happen unless their is very intense media and fan pressure to do either. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You do realize that if they fire Gase, they will hire an interim coach?  There is a 95% chance that interim coach is Gregg Williams.  I don't know about you, but the penalties, late hits, personal fouls seemed mostly on the D this week.  I have a feeling we will continue to be an on-field embarrassment.  If you tell me they are hiring Andy Reid, sure fine.  Please don't bring up the corpse of Bill Cowher's chin again though.  He's not coming back and it's probably past him by anyway.

I don't want anything to do with Spittle Face !  No thanks !  

The way I see it now, there is only one good reason to go with an interim coach.  To save Darnold.

Past that, I say stick with Gase, let him go 0-16 and sh*tcan him at the end of the season. Use the first overall draft pick on Trevor Lawrence, or trade it away for a bundle *IF* it looks like Darnold can be the guy.

Right now I still think Darnold is a very talented QB in a very bad situation. 

It is all about Darnold now.  That is the issue in question.  Is he a player or not ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THE BARON said:

I don't want anything to do with Spittle Face !  No thanks !  

The way I see it now, there is only one good reason to go with an interim coach.  To save Darnold.

Past that, I say stick with Gase, let him go 0-16 and sh*tcan him at the end of the season. Use the first overall draft pick on Trevor Lawrence, or trade it away for a bundle *IF* it looks like Darnold can be the guy.

Right now I still think Darnold is a very talented QB in a very bad situation. 

It is all about Darnold now.  That is the issue in question.  Is he a player or not ?

It's all been about Darnold for the past three years.  The fact that it is still in question means that it is probably already too late.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The 96 roster was better. 

Hugh Douglas.  Marvin Jones. Mo Lewis.  Aaron Glenn.  Marcus Coleman.  Victor Green.

Chrebet.  Jumbo.  O'Dwyer.  Keyshawn.  Richie Anderson.

And no one would remember any of their names if Parcells never came to the Jets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...