The Jets Could Win With The Current Roster Under A Good Coach

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's all been about Darnold for the past three years.  The fact that it is still in question means that it is probably already too late.

I would not agree. Last night he showed us all he has skills and he is putting up a big effort.  With proper coaching and stability he could be a star.

If Pat Mahomes had been drafted by the Jets three years ago, we'd be talking about moving on from him right now.

The Jets organization is a hell hole that destroys potential stars... 

Gase sucks, but he is just a symptom.

Johnson is the disease... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

I would not agree. Last night he showed us all he has skills and he is putting up a big effort.  With proper coaching and stability he could be a star.

If Pat Mahomes had been drafted by the Jets three years ago, we'd be talking about moving on from him right now.

The Jets organization is a hell hole that destroys potential stars... 

Gase sucks, but he is just a symptom.

Johnson is the disease... 

Jets fans remind me of Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Q and Darnold are the only two remaining first round draft picks who the team drafted. This isn't a competitive NFL roster right now. Douglas has to hit on his picks over these next two drafts in a big way, regardless of who the coach is. 

And Q andSam are playing well below the draftr capital invested...

2 Houdon marble busts soar to $1.5 million at Cottone Auctions

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets are a total mess.  It is all due to Gase.  He is a team killer.

For anyone sticking up for Gase and pointing to the roster as the reason the Jets are so bad.  Forget it.  Granted, they don't have a stellar roster, but the reason they perform like a complete disaster is all a result of the coach.

A qualified HC could move the ball with the roster they have.  

Let's take stock of what the Jets have in the warehouse.

1. They don't have any depth at WR

2. They have two TE's in Griffin and Herdon (who all of a sudden sucks)

3.. They have a very mobile and elusive qb

4. They have a lot of new beef on the offensive line, and they are, as a unit, more of the athletic type of offensive lineman than a brick wall.

What wold this suggest to any HC or OC with some ability ???

***RUN A TWO TE OFFENSE WITH LOTS OF MOTION AND MISDIRECTION AND PLAY ACTION***

I GUARANTEE YOU... A CAPABLE COACH COULD MAKE A GO OF IT WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER !!!

What does Gase see and do ???

Um... DUH.... Let me stick with the only offense I know about.  Um... DUHHH... Static pocket, no motion, no play action (with a QB who would thrive on those things), a passing game that is predicated on overloading zones with multiple WR's (which we don't have) and then, we need precise rout running and timing and ball placement (which we cant do).

Are you starting to understand yet just what a total, inept charlatan that Gase is ???

Only a jock sniffer line Johnson would be conned by this football zero and team killer

yeah man, imagine if we had Denver coaching..we would be aweosme. our coaching sucks...

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

And Q andSam are playing well below the draftr capital invested...

2 Houdon marble busts soar to $1.5 million at Cottone Auctions

You know, I still have some hope for Q. 

I know it's easy to kill him for the game-changing (I would argue game-ending) penalty last night, but I thought he looked good. 

I agree about Darnold. 

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Pat Mahomes wins last nights game going away with eth exactsame players....

3-0 turn over ratio and free 6 points from a pick 6? 31 of the 32 QBs who began this year as starters win that game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You know, I still have some hope for Q. 

I know it's easy to kill him for the game-changing (I would argue game-ending) penalty last night, but I thought he looked good. 

I agree about Darnold. 

well, youcant really CALL IT...  til it is absolute..

so, its in the so far category...

Q cost us the first TD drive as well, or did you forget THAT roughing call in the 1st half on 3rd down...  from their own 37?

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

well, youcant really CALL IT...  til it is absolute..

so, its in the so far category...

Q cost us the first TD drive as well, or did you forget THAT roughing call in the 1st half on 3rd down...  from their own 37?

Congratulations for defining "prediction" in the clumsiest English ever.

Our rosters talent is atrocious.  The only players that are legitimately good so far are Maye, Becton and maybe Crowder.  In the next tier of average, you get players like Poole, maybe Jenkins(although he’s been bad this year), Myers and Fatu, maybe Bell.  Then you get the not good, but maybe one day tier of Darnold and QW.

And that, as we say is that.  Theres well over 60-70% of the roster that are complete jags (and we are losing to other teams practise squad players)

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's the opposite, actually.

Paper-thin roster, a decade of Idzik/Maccagnan failures, FA's with no character, too many injuries.  The problems are way deeper than a single head coach.  I wish it were that easy. 

SAR I

No. It's not the opposite. A good head coach maximizes his team's talents, and Gase is not putting his best foot forward. There is not a chance in hell that 3 yards and a cloud of dust is conducive to winning football games. Darnold's best plays have been from broken plays. That is an indictment on Gase. I understand that you chose your hill to die on with Gase, and I kind of respect that. Kind of. I have no confidence in a coach that is 0-5 against winless teams. 

Two things can simultaneously be true. The Jets roster is the worst in the league, AND, Adam Gase is the worst head coach in the league. 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

No. It's not the opposite. A good head coach maximizes his team's talents, and Gase is not putting his best foot forward.

That's a nice cliché, but you don't know that he isn't.  You don't know that he's wringing out every last drop of talent from this weak roster.

Darnold's best plays have been from broken plays. That is an indictment on Gase.

No, it can also mean that the only way these XFL caliber receivers get separation is on busted plays when they are seeing the DB's and are figuring out ways to get open out of man or zone.  It can also mean that Darnold is a flawed pocket passer and is only effective when he's improvising.  Just like Gase, we don't know what we have in Darnold because of the Maccagnan roster and the M*A*S*H injuries.

I understand that you chose your hill to die on with Gase, and I kind of respect that.

I am not a Gase fan.  I merely believe that he may be better than we think because we haven't seen him running a competent roster.  Between a decade of bad drafts and devastating injuries, Adam has been dealt the worst hand any Jets head coach has ever been dealt, bar none.  I'd like to see what things look like when the injuries calm down in a few weeks and then decide his fate.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's the opposite, actually.

Paper-thin roster, a decade of Idzik/Maccagnan failures, FA's with no character, too many injuries.  The problems are way deeper than a single head coach.  I wish it were that easy. 

SAR I

I agree with this. However, with that said, Adam Gase does NOT deserve to keep his job. What have we always been taught in football? Whether the circumstances are the HC's doing or not, the HC ALWAYS takes the wrap. Gase is no exception. He needs to GO....

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The 96 roster was better. 

Hugh Douglas.  Marvin Jones. Mo Lewis.  Aaron Glenn.  Marcus Coleman.  Victor Green.

Chrebet.  Jumbo.  O'Dwyer.  Keyshawn.  Richie Anderson.

And murell and Kyle Brady. Kotite had some really good players and failed badly.  He never did have a reliable qb.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

And murell and Kyle Brady. Kotite had some really good players and failed badly.  He never did have a reliable qb.

The ‘96 team had no offensive line.  O’Donnell was a statue.  Bad mix.  

Also I don’t think Kotite even designed plays 

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

It all starts with the oline play.If the jets don’t get this then nothing will work.

From what I remember the OL was still in bad shape in 1997.  Got O’Donnell killed.  Parcells had to coach up Foley., it didn’t get better until he signed Mawae the next year

Our current offensive line is significantly better than the Dick Kotite years

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That's a nice cliché, but you don't know that he isn't.  You don't know that he's wringing out every last drop of talent from this weak roster.

No, it can also mean that the only way these XFL caliber receivers get separation is on busted plays when they are seeing the DB's and are figuring out ways to get open out of man or zone.  It can also mean that Darnold is a flawed pocket passer and is only effective when he's improvising.  Just like Gase, we don't know what we have in Darnold because of the Maccagnan roster and the M*A*S*H injuries.

I am not a Gase fan.  I merely believe that he may be better than we think because we haven't seen him running a competent roster.  Between a decade of bad drafts and devastating injuries, Adam has been dealt the worst hand any Jets head coach has ever been dealt, bar none.  I'd like to see what things look like when the injuries calm down in a few weeks and then decide his fate.

SAR I

I’m with ya. The jets have a bad roster or at least one that isn’t playing as a team.  It’s easy to blame gase and he does deserve blame because he’s head coach. It goes with the territory. I don’t know the nuances of football plays but I see the pocket collapsing pretty regularly, I don’t see much pass rush, and I don’t see many  holes being opened up in the run game. And, of course I see a whole boatload of injuries. Some of this is due to talent levels and some is simply due to lack lack of practice time.

The bottom line is the jets won’t be going anywhere if they have a revolving door at coach.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets are a total mess.  It is all due to Gase.  He is a team killer.

For anyone sticking up for Gase and pointing to the roster as the reason the Jets are so bad.  Forget it.  Granted, they don't have a stellar roster, but the reason they perform like a complete disaster is all a result of the coach.

A qualified HC could move the ball with the roster they have.  

Let's take stock of what the Jets have in the warehouse.

1. They don't have any depth at WR

2. They have two TE's in Griffin and Herdon (who all of a sudden sucks)

3.. They have a very mobile and elusive qb

4. They have a lot of new beef on the offensive line, and they are, as a unit, more of the athletic type of offensive lineman than a brick wall.

What wold this suggest to any HC or OC with some ability ???

***RUN A TWO TE OFFENSE WITH LOTS OF MOTION AND MISDIRECTION AND PLAY ACTION***

I GUARANTEE YOU... A CAPABLE COACH COULD MAKE A GO OF IT WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER !!!

What does Gase see and do ???

Um... DUH.... Let me stick with the only offense I know about.  Um... DUHHH... Static pocket, no motion, no play action (with a QB who would thrive on those things), a passing game that is predicated on overloading zones with multiple WR's (which we don't have) and then, we need precise rout running and timing and ball placement (which we cant do).

Are you starting to understand yet just what a total, inept charlatan that Gase is ???

Only a jock sniffer line Johnson would be conned by this football zero and team killer

I disagree. Like I said, far be it from me to defend, toilet or Gase, but you can't possibly win with this roster. Bill Parcells could not win with this roster. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It’s bottom 5 in the league

prove me wrong 

Make it easier.  Pick a single roster that has less talent top to bottom.  As far as I can see, only the Giants even come close, and unlike us, they have a few truly all world talents (we got rid of ours).

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Broncos...

Sf49ers when we played them...

This is fun

Lets do the Broncos (a rather strange choice considering they just put a beating on us).

QB - Too early to say.  Skill positions (Denver >>>> Jets..  Comparable RB, better TEs, and much better wrs).  Oline: Jets > Broncos but not by much, Bolles is one of the best players in the league and better than anyone we have.  DL:  Broncos > Jets (Chubbs, Harris and Von Miller are laughably better than anything we have).  LB: Jets ~ Denver.  Comparable level of bad outside of their edge lbs, we have CJ Mosley and a bunch of scrubs and they usually have more depth (but they're all IR'd this year).

Secondary:  Broncos > Jets .  AJ Bouye/Dawson/Simmons/Bausby > Maye/Poole + Jags

20 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I want him fired too.

But nahhh, this roster is utter trash. Let’s blow it all up. If your last name isn’t Becton or your first name isn’t Quinnen, pack your f***in’ bags. 

Their bags are packed.. these are journeymen players. Our roster is a step above XFL except for 3-4 pieces.

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

From what I remember the OL was still in bad shape in 1997.  Got O’Donnell killed.  Parcells had to coach up Foley., it didn’t get better until he signed Mawae the next year

Our current offensive line is significantly better than the Dick Kotite years

I agree the talent may better but they still aren’t playing as a unit yet. It takes time and with all the new faces plus the reduced practice time there’s no mystery as to why.