If you are the coach do you start James Morgan any time this yesr

CSNY

Question to all Jet Nation. At what time this season if at all do you start Morgan to see what he’s got or does Sam get the starts. 
Since I am really starting to waver on Darnold I would continue to give him the starts as the players on IR return but if he continues to play poorly and is still inconsistent I would put Morgan in the 3-4 weeks of season to see if he has what it takes to be a viable starter in this league and not just a career backup 

If you are the coach do you start James Morgan any time this yesr

If I am the coach I might.

But I'm not.  Gase is the coach and he's fighting for his job and still seemingly trying to develop Sam Darnold so that it benefits his future.  In fact, Gase was playing Frank Gore as much as possible last night, a 37 year old RB, while having a rookie in La'Michal Perine ready to go.  If that doesn't tell you that Gase is playing for the here and now, nothing does.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think the Jets should be considering preserving Darnold’s market value.

He is worth nothing if he is recovering from a separated shoulder (which he may have already).  

Darnold’s market value has already bottomed. It won’t go back up unless he plays better.

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Question to all Jet Nation. At what time this season if at all do you start Morgan to see what he’s got or does Sam get the starts. 
Since I am really starting to waver on Darnold I would continue to give him the starts as the players on IR return but if he continues to play poorly and is still inconsistent I would put Morgan in the 3-4 weeks of season to see if he has what it takes to be a viable starter in this league and not just a career backup 

At this point start anybody. It is not going to matter. Can't block, can't catch, can't run, can't tackle, can't cover, can't coach so yeah why not

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If I am the coach I might.

But I'm not.  Gase is the coach and he's fighting for his job and still seemingly trying to develop Sam Darnold so that it benefits his future.  In fact, Gase was playing Frank Gore as much as possible last night, a 37 year old RB, while having a rookie in La'Michal Perine ready to go.  If that doesn't tell you that Gase is playing for the here and now, nothing does.

I get that Gase is coaching for his job but Gore isn’t the answer now to help him keep his job as he is way past his expiration date.  I don’t understand why Perrine isn’t getting most of the carries. The only thing that would make any type of sense is that his ankle isn’t completely healed other than that it ludicrous that he isn’t more involved with the game plan 

• Upvote 1

Barring injury, once you bench Darnold you rarely see a team go back.  The Bears have already named Foles their starter the remainder of the season.  Trubisky is done.  And by the numbers, Trubisky has been a superior QB to Darnold.

I would certainly jump Morgan over Flacco on the depth chart as soon as possible, and put him in if/when Darnold is hurt.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You know what’s better than ruining 1 young QB prospect????

Yoooouuuuu guessed it! Ruining 2!!!!

Maybe Frank Gore can play QB then. 

Joe Flacco starting does nothing for this organization. 

You cant evaluate talent with players who you drafted sitting on the bench or inactive. 

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe Frank Gore can play QB then. 

Joe Flacco starting does nothing for this organization. 

You cant evaluate talent with players who you drafted sitting on the bench or inactive. 

I’m referring to our sh*tty OL. You can’t evaluate Olympic swimmers by making them swim in mud.

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’ll put it this way.

If Sam is actually gong to miss time and we start Flacco instead of Morgan, I will be missing my first Jets game in two decades. 

I was at my sons baseball game and missed the first quarter, how many plays did Flacco run and how bad was it?

Good post.. I think since the season is a disaster - it's time to move to preseason mode now.  Kick the tires with RB Perine instead of Gore.. PLAY Flacco especially if Sam is slightly dinged up.  See what he brings (Denver paid him to be their franchise QB..).  Keep highlighting WR Cager when he comes back online because he's shown some things.. WR Smith too.. play the younger players and let's see what is there.  

Let's see who's staying on next year.  No sense playing players that most likely won't be here next year (Bell Gore.. see if you have anything in James Morgan...why not what is there to lose?) 

I think the Jets should be considering preserving Darnold’s market value.
He is worth nothing if he is recovering from a separated shoulder (which he may have already).  
If the plan is to trade darnold and draft lawrence we would be best letting lawrence sit a few games next year and letting darnold lead what hopefully is a much improved offense to rebuild value. A few flashes of greatness will make people forget about a miserable year with a miserable team. Honestly my prediction is we get the number two pick and this whole thing won't matter cause darnold will start next year for us and he will be better than lawrence

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1