Does the Rex Ryan regime still look so bad?

NYJ1

18 minutes ago, CTM said:

100% truth 

Parcells chased Belichick out of town and caused us to miss out on Peyton Manning.

If not for his fat ego the first decade of the millenia couldve been the Jets with Manning at QB and Belichick as HC

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The Namath curse would have turned Peyton into a crackhead. It would probably start with him doing charity work in a bad area where the hayseed gets his first experience. With Peyton the crackhead and no Tom Brady* BB* never becomes a coaching icon*. Just two more train wrecks in a long line of Jets train wrecks.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Rex Ryan's last year as the Jets HC was his best by far!

He had poor QB play, poor OL, poor skill position players and go the team to 8-8.........

Rex based on hi last year should have stayed, but he should have been fired the year before.

The owners explanation for firing him when he did just didn't make sense!

What they needed was a competent GM!

And I wanted Rex gone two years prior to his dismissal for the record!

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Raise the bar, why look back to Rex?

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. 

When Rex ryan was considered a good coach, and the Jets were a 'good' team, this is what the world looked like:

OIP.Q3GiKAotJ1kRlmVwoRY3AgHaHa?pid=Api&w

54cfc8eb234e1_-_tech-nav-47-1209-7198473

36809253605_62ea1b3401_b.jpg

(i found this profile^^ on google images, its not mine or anyone i know)

1200x630bb.jpg

OIP.PamLLYsbjL0pqFBdA1JJwgDTEs?pid=Api&w

Penn_Station_LIRR_Concourse.jpg?w=800&ss

subway-5-dollar-footlong.jpg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, CTM said:

100% truth 

Parcells chased Belichick out of town and caused us to miss out on Peyton Manning.

If not for his fat ego the first decade of the millenia couldve been the Jets with Manning at QB and Belichick as HC

How dare you interrupt my sarcasm with truth? Crap, I need to lay down for a bit now.

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I dont remember it being like that at all but it could of been. But I remember they wanted a guy that specialized in the cap cause tanny went crazy.

Rex Ryan was the coach when they hired the GM.  I.E. the new GM was forced to work with Rex.  That's how you end up hiring a GM the caliber of Idzik.  

Then, when the Johnson's fired Idzik after just 2 seasons, Macc became the result.  Because no GM candidate with alternative options wants to work at a place where you risk getting dumped after just 2 seasons.  

And around and around we went.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets are where they are right now because of the work of the “Rex regime.” 

Your response just doesn't make any sense? HTF does specifically REX have anything to do with the players on the team today? Now, if you wanted to say Tanny started the run of terrible drafting then I would agree, but blaming Rex for problems 6 later is pure stupidity and it only you have a very illogical hatred for the guy.

Just now, NYJ1 said:

BS. And Rex getting hired immediately by Buffalo after his firing in NY proves how silly your claims are.

He wasn’t immediately hired by the Bills. Rex begged Arthur Blank for the Falcons job, triggering a mutiny from Dimitroff and Pioli. Blank’s mother died, so he caved to Dimitroff and Dimitroff told Rex to go eff himself. While this was happening, Marrone bailed on the Bills to (try and) take the Jets job. Rex, rebuffed by the Falcons, flew to Florida to interview with the Pegulas, sidestepping the Bills’ GM. The desperate Pegulas hired Rex and Kim Pegula fired him less than two years later.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Rex Ryan's last year as the Jets HC was his best by far!

He had poor QB play, poor OL, poor skill position players and go the team to 8-8.........

Rex based on hi last year should have stayed, but he should have been fired the year before.

The owners explanation for firing him when he did just didn't make sense!

What they needed was a competent GM!

And I wanted Rex gone two years prior to his dismissal for the record!

You are confused.

Rex was 4-12 his last year here (2014). The Jets were 8-8 in 2013.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

After 4 years of ?and one full season plus of Adam Gase, are you still so down on Rex Ryan? I'm not. Rex Ryan would definitely have had this team playing better over the last 5+ seasons. The one constant would be DEFENSE. Rex's defense was never any worse than what? 10th? In toilets regime the defense steadily fell in ranking into the 20's. Currently, under Greg Williams, this defense is giving up 30+ points per game to guys that have never started an NFL game. Put Rex back here and give him a GM that knows how to select talent? That sounds to me to be INFINITELY better than any of the last almost 6 seasons.....

Rex is the jacka$$ that started this slide into oblivion. Tanny made horrible draft selections and Idzik was abysmal and Mac never sorted out the offensive line. I am not sure how to fix this hot mess as everyone calls it. I'm not sure Darnold is a franchise QB for starters. He takes a long time on his reads and has little or no feel in the pocket - that sack he took on 4th and 3 with the Jets trying to rally - was unbelievable. You might as well wish for Mangini to come back, or Bruce Coslet.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex Ryan was the coach when they hired the GM.  I.E. the new GM was forced to work with Rex.  That's how you end up hiring a GM the caliber of Idzik.  

Then, when the Johnson's fired Idzik after just 2 seasons, Macc became the result.  Because no GM candidate with alternative options wants to work at a place where you risk getting dumped after just 2 seasons.  

And around and around we went.

This sounds even dumber coming from you than it does T0m.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He wasn’t immediately hired by the Bills. Rex begged Arthur Blank for the Falcons job, triggering a mutiny from Dimitroff and Pioli. Blank’s mother died, so he caved to Dimitroff and Dimitroff told Rex to go eff himself. While this was happening, Marrone bailed on the Bills to (try and) take the Jets job. Rex, rebuffed by the Falcons, flew to Florida to interview with the Pegulas, sidestepping the Bills’ GM. The desperate Pegulas hired Rex and Kim Pegula fired him less than two years later.

So were you like an embedded reporter with Rex during all of this or is this just your version of pizza gate 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Truthfully i kinda miss tanny . Yeah he couldnt manage the cap for sh*t. But atleast he went after players worth talking about . 

tanny did for Mark Sanchez what Macc couldnt do for Darnold.

Vlad Ducasse and Kyle Wilson say hello. So does does Braylon and Cotch. 

Tanny was a poor executive ..better than MAC or Idzik but let’s not re write history.  We had some early success when Mangini was here but after that was shlt. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not to mention the Bills got worse under REX. Their defense got worse.

• Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You got two years of Idzik because no credible GM wanted to be saddled with Rex Ryan.

We got two years of idzik because the Jets hired a professional staffing agency like a bunch of clowns. The Johnsons only know how to do one thing, write checks. They have also owned a professional team for over 20 years and still have no idea how to run the business. Which speaks to their utter ignorance and disinterested approach other than it being a recurring ATM. For instance I couldn’t stand Tannenbaum but at least he was honest. He couldn’t scout for sh*t so he paid up in free agency. But the belief that this ownership gives half a crap, It’s really remarkable. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So that's your story and you're sticking to it. Why do you hate Rex so bad? Does he have naked pictures of you?

11 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

After 4 years of ?and one full season plus of Adam Gase, are you still so down on Rex Ryan? I'm not. Rex Ryan would definitely have had this team playing better over the last 5+ seasons. The one constant would be DEFENSE. Rex's defense was never any worse than what? 10th? In toilets regime the defense steadily fell in ranking into the 20's. Currently, under Greg Williams, this defense is giving up 30+ points per game to guys that have never started an NFL game. Put Rex back here and give him a GM that knows how to select talent? That sounds to me to be INFINITELY better than any of the last almost 6 seasons.....

But I was told the great genius, Mangini, built the team and that’s precisely why he’s in the hall of fame as well. RR had zero impact. The food was cuz of a great ex-Jet HC And the bad was because of Rex.