joewilly12

Joe Douglas must share in the blame for this Jets debacle

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If they commit too many penalties, as they did Thursday, they’re doomed. If they drop passes, they’re screwed. If they stall in the red zone, it will bite them in the butt.

The problem is that they do all three every game. Maybe our YPC would be better if we weren’t pounding Gore up the middle constantly, and maybe our Red Zone Efficiency would be better if our play calling wasn’t 1st down run Gore, 2nd down run Gore, third down wheel route to Gore. You need speed in the red zone. Guys like Crowder, Berrios, Smith and Hogan are capable of getting open in the red zone, but we don’t utilize them all we do is run Gore.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thursday night, Darnold was sacked six times. The Broncos entered the game with four sacks in their first three games.

Sam Darnold will end as a backup QB in the NFL after being neglected by this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

Joe Douglas has not been perfect, but he's going to be allot better than what we've been used to. He's going to build a respectable team at the very least.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This article is almost a carbon copy of what I've been saying all off-season. 

Being called a troll, SOJ and receiving 100's of negative reps (which I don't mind btw.)  

Now, this isn't a victory lap as I was very much hoping to be wrong - but recognition from some of you would be nice :-)

I'm not negative, just a realist.  

I just really hope JD saw it too and was well aware of what he was doing!

You have been elevated to jester in @HessStation's kingdom.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This article is almost a carbon copy of what I've been saying all off-season. 

Maybe JD reads this board. 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Great article by Costello pointing out how the offensive line has been no better then last year(when it most certainly has) due to the amount of sacks given up in the last game where the backup LT was responsible for a large portion of those.

Great article.

Last time I checked the NY Jets were 0-4 bad on all sides of the ball. 

Please don't tell us you have the SOR I disease where in your mind we are 4-0. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Joe Douglas has not been perfect, but he's going to be allot better than what we've been used to. He's going to build a respectable team at the very least.

What evidence points to that?

• Upvote 2

Most concerning is Joe D’s draft. The entire draft class has contributed only two games of good LT play and a few decent punts thus far.  That’s tough to do. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Nope.  Sure don't. I'm just not going to point to Thursday as a sign of Douglas failing to improve the offensive line when all season the line has been clearly better all season. 

The 2020 OL is only good on paper as we speak. 

The OL was horrendous in 2019 and its only a little bit better in 2020. 

The 2020 group I think can be a lot better with time and more opportunities to gain continuity. 

When was the last time we had a RB rush for 100 yards. 

Why was Sam Darnold whipped around like a rag doll to the ground injuring his shoulder. 

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Most concerning is Joe D’s draft. The entire draft class has contributed only two games of good LT play and a few decent punts thus far.  That’s tough to do. 

The Punter Brandon Mann could surely be the league MVP. 

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

A message board classic.  I've been on sports message boards since I was a teenager and one thing I know to be true is if someone says " I'm not such and such, I'm just a realist" they are generally the farthest thing from realistic ad it gets.

Nah, find my past.  When the team is good I'm fully on board.  I loved Darnold and was quite vocal about it.  This was always going to be a rough season, and just about everyone outside of this message board knew it.

• Upvote 1

This team is bad in every aspect of football. 

JD built this mess. 

Failed to re-sign our best offensive player (though I wasn't a fan) and best defensive player. 

Here we are 0-4. 

@BROOKLYN JET thanks for correcting me. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

We have no reason at all to believe that.  All we know at this point is that he's capable of tearing down a team and that he  chose Becton over Wirfs - Becton's been better but Wirfs has been very good too and healthy.

Now, we don't know if he's bad either. 

He may turn out to be great, just that a year and half into his tenure we still know close to nothing about his ability to build a team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This team is bad in every aspect of football. 

JD built this mess. 

Traded our best offensive player (though i wasn't a fan) and best defensive player. 

Here we are 0-4. 

Who?

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

He traded him?

No he failed to re-sign him. 

Im triggered by the Covid-19 thread. 

Thanks for correcting me. 

• Like 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No he failed to re-sign him. 

Im triggered by the Covid-19 thread. 

Thanks for correcting me. 

Are they sending patients to your home?

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Are they sending patients to your home?

My modest 3 BR home is not a health care facility. 

Do they have a Dr.s office, mini hospital, morgue in the low income senior housing hi-rise you live at. 

Debacle, disgruntled, I should've eeny miney moed it instead of naming my dog Henry. 

20190905-121319-HDR.jpg

Look at that crazy-eyed bastard. It's almost Gase-like. OK, I've decided. Next dog is JD, which stands for either Joe Douglas or Jets Debacle, depending on which one applies. I mean, JD could be good, too, right? OK (hangs head, pets dog for therapy).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

Debacle, disgruntled, I should've eeny miney moed it instead of naming my dog Henry. 

20190905-121319-HDR.jpg

Look that crazy-eyed bastard. It's almost Gase-like. OK, I've decided. Next dog is JD, which stands for either Joe Douglas or Jets Debacle, depending on which one applies. I mean, JD could be good, too, right? OK (hangs head, pets dog for therapy).

He's cute, even with the Gasey eyes. But why Henry? Funny name for a dog. 😄