Covid Cam Newton (Chiefs-Patriots Game Postponed)

Gangrene

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's inevitable.  It's a close-contact sport without a bubble.  50/50 it won't be cancelled-  just pushed out indefinitely.  They're an all weather sport, can have the Super Bowl in May if they need to.

SAR I

You could suspend the NFL, test everyone, and then resume a week later. But that's not gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

And? How is this any different than if a player is put on IR?  It isn’t.  That’s why the patsies have backups like Hoyer and Stidman.  Same thing goes for the Titans.  It’s each team’s and players responsibility to act responsibly.  As for covid, the virus and it’s treatment are much different today than back in March. Superman is healthy and young. Chances are he will slough it off like a bad case of the flu.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Better get your eyes checked next time the Red Cross has the vision check RV show up at your shleter, hopefully they can find you a pair of donated glasses out of the pile. 

Older man wearing a pair of oversized women`s glasses

Joe, if the dime is your daughter and you don’t invite me to Thanksgiving, I’m never sending you another shirtless selfie again

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Just need the season to go long enough to secure our #1 pick.  Then toss this entire season on the sh*t heap of history.  Cap will also be devastated next season when this one doesn't finish and we're swimming in it.

Using Savage's example of the 1982 strike shorted NFL season, we likely need another four of five games before they call it a season.

I gotta think that they are going to play this out as long as they can...there's too much money at stake. Teams need to put at least one qb in quarantine.

The president and the starting QB of the Patriots getting diagnosed for Covid19  in the same week, what are the odds of that happening?

3 hours ago, deucebag said:

The NBA, NHL and MLB took time off, initially to see if Covid would disappear like a miracle with warmer weather and then in order to develop a plan.  Well the plans have worked for the most part, and the NFL should be following their leads.  The inherent obstacles in terms of succeeding for the NFL are:

1) Volume of personnel:  there are upwards of 100 individuals on each NFL team that spend time together, not counting off the street practice squad pick-ups and dont forget the risks involved when players switch teams.

2)  The cancellation of ONE NFL GAME can wreck an entire season.  Hmmm seems that adding in an extra bye weeks or two would have been an intelligent choice.  Assuming more games are cancelled, the season will have to be extended for make-up games.

3)  The NFL season is heading into the winter when viruses are much more transmissible.  

4)  An NFL playoff bubble is possible, but not likely, again due to the sheer volume of personnel.

5)  Are NFL players being as careful as MLB, NHL and NBA players were?  So far NO, the coaches dont even want to wear masks.

6)  The impact of Trump catching it.  Not meant to be political - but picture the spin: "I am completely recovered after just a few days, and I will say, It's not serious, not nearly as serious as the flu, open schools and the economy NOW, STAND FORWARD AND LIBERATE AMERICA!"  What will be left out are the facts of the level of care Trump got and how early it was determined he caught it - since he gets tested daily.  Most civilians will not get a test until they feel symptoms and the viral load has grown and possibly already entered the lungs.   Additionally Trump received an experimental therapeutic that will be instantly FDA approved upon his recovery - great, but how many of us will be able to afford the out of pocket costs?  He is also receiving Remdesivir- which costs between $3,120-$5,700 based on the length of treatment prescribed (love big pharma) - based on your particular insurance carrier the out of pocket cost could be in the hundreds.  I fully expect once Trump is recovered a significant portion of the US Population will be unmasked and living life to the fullest, creating rampant spread (that will reach professional athletes) and hospital overload.    

"Not meant to be political"  ?

• Upvote 1

NFL is willing to put teams in hotels for the rest of the season; will the NFLPA agree?

(Profootballtalk.com)

Events of recent days make it more and more clear that the best way (perhaps the only way) to get all 256 regular-season and 13 postseason games played this year will be to put all teams in hotels, immediately.

Per multiple sources, the NFL gladly would do that. The question is whether the NFL Players Association would agree to it.

As one source explained it to PFT, the NFLPA balked during July negotiations at a Thursday-to-Sunday team-by-team bubble. The union likely would balk at a continuous bubble for the balance of the season.

The players may feel differently. Faced with game checks that will be lost for good if games are cancelled, staying in a hotel for the next three months seems to be an acceptable sacrifice. The NBA is doing it. The NHL has done it. If the NFL wants to have a full and complete season, the NFL needs to do it, too.

As another source noted earlier today, putting all players, coaches, and essential personnel in a hotel for the rest of the season should re-open the window on opting out, with some sort of financial benefit if they choose not to embrace staying in a hotel for the rest of the year. But even if another cluster of players decides to tap out as 32 bubbles form, that’s better than eventually having to cancel ga

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's inevitable.  It's a close-contact sport without a bubble.  50/50 it won't be cancelled-  just pushed out indefinitely.  They're an all weather sport, can have the Super Bowl in May if they need to.

SAR I

As long as they play the Super Bowl I don't care when it is.

I just don't want this 5 and 0 start to go to waste.  :)

Just kidding, I predicted the playoffs for them myself.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Joe, if the dime is your daughter and you don’t invite me to Thanksgiving, I’m never sending you another shirtless selfie again

Not a chance in hell, you keep guessing wife/daughter/mistress I will never tell you.  

What father would want a drunken drugged straggly poor vagrant dating his daughter or what husband in a cuckold situation would invite you into their home. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

What father would want a drunken drugged straggly poor vagrant like you dating his daughter or what husband in a cuckold situation would invite you into their home. 

What does cuckold husband have to do with what T0m said ?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, deucebag said:

The NBA, NHL and MLB took time off, initially to see if Covid would disappear like a miracle with warmer weather and then in order to develop a plan.  Well the plans have worked for the most part, and the NFL should be following their leads.  The inherent obstacles in terms of succeeding for the NFL are:

1) Volume of personnel:  there are upwards of 100 individuals on each NFL team that spend time together, not counting off the street practice squad pick-ups and dont forget the risks involved when players switch teams.

2)  The cancellation of ONE NFL GAME can wreck an entire season.  Hmmm seems that adding in an extra bye weeks or two would have been an intelligent choice.  Assuming more games are cancelled, the season will have to be extended for make-up games.

3)  The NFL season is heading into the winter when viruses are much more transmissible.  

4)  An NFL playoff bubble is possible, but not likely, again due to the sheer volume of personnel.

5)  Are NFL players being as careful as MLB, NHL and NBA players were?  So far NO, the coaches dont even want to wear masks.

6)  The impact of Trump catching it.  Not meant to be political - but picture the spin: "I am completely recovered after just a few days, and I will say, It's not serious, not nearly as serious as the flu, open schools and the economy NOW, STAND FORWARD AND LIBERATE AMERICA!"  What will be left out are the facts of the level of care Trump got and how early it was determined he caught it - since he gets tested daily.  Most civilians will not get a test until they feel symptoms and the viral load has grown and possibly already entered the lungs.   Additionally Trump received an experimental therapeutic that will be instantly FDA approved upon his recovery - great, but how many of us will be able to afford the out of pocket costs?  He is also receiving Remdesivir- which costs between $3,120-$5,700 based on the length of treatment prescribed (love big pharma) - based on your particular insurance carrier the out of pocket cost could be in the hundreds.  I fully expect once Trump is recovered a significant portion of the US Population will be unmasked and living life to the fullest, creating rampant spread (that will reach professional athletes) and hospital overload.    

That’s not political at all lol

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

I put this in a new thread, but the plane ride really doesn't bode well.  What are the odds that few if any were masked on that plane? And even if they were, it's pretty tight quarters for a lengthy period of time.

The travel is a big issue with sports and covid.  I don't think the season will make it, I'm afraid to say.  If it does, it will be terribly fractured.  The Jets would be abject idiots if they didn't tank EVERY remaining game.  I know that no pro team would ever do that, but still....  opportunity knocks.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Super Bowl can absolutely be moved lol

In your dreams it can be moved.  All those big wig corp sponsors who have had their reservations, lodging, etc set up and they're going to move it?  You don't quite understand SB week 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I put this in a new thread, but the plane ride really doesn't bode well.  What are the odds that few if any were masked on that plane? And even if they were, it's pretty tight quarters for a lengthy period of time.

The travel is a big issue with sports and covid.  I don't think the season will make it, I'm afraid to say.  If it does, it will be terribly fractured.  The Jets would be abject idiots if they didn't tank EVERY remaining game.  I know that no pro team would ever do that, but still....  opportunity knocks.

You're leaving out the fact that almost all of these players testing positive are asymptomatic. They're completely fine yet they have to take a test showing that they are sick. 

23 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're leaving out the fact that almost all of these players testing positive are asymptomatic. They're completely fine yet they have to take a test showing that they are sick. 

The players are coached by a staff of 30 people, half of which are in high risk groups due to age, weight, health, etc.  As soon as a coach or coordinator gets hospitalized it’s all over.  

The linemen are heavy, and they are the ones in each other’s faces 75 plays per game, matter of time before some 25 year old 300 pounder has complications.  And as they fly from city to city, hotel workers and bus drivers are at risk too, the lack of a bubble in a close-contact sport was foolish from the start.   

They should have designed an N95 helmet mask and helped this type of situation from getting out of control.

SAR I 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, RobR said:

They can easily spread it even if they are asymptomatic.  It's not just about them. It's about others.  

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

In your dreams it can be moved.  All those big wig corp sponsors who have had their reservations, lodging, etc set up and they're going to move it?  You don't quite understand SB week 

I live in Tampa. They already have contingency plans. 

This makes for a challenging fantasy football season. The game is postponed but might be played monday, and might be played tuesday but we won't know until ... when, exactly? Seems unlikely to me it's played this week but the league is still indicating it may be. ?‍♂️

The saints player got retested and it came back negative, btw. That game is back on.