I never understood why folks would complain on missing out on him. 

With that said, it looks like that team is trying to land the Dolphins the number one overall pick. 

If that's true then can't nobody come on here anymore defending Darnold about not having any weapons or a competent HC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

At a complete loss why they traded Hopkins away. Made no sense at all. 

Well, they got nothing for him, but their cap was gonna get squeezed.

They gave Watson 40, Tunsil they way overpaid. Over 20 million.   Hopkins at over 20, that would be about 80 million for 3 guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Well, they got nothing for him, but their cap was gonna get squeezed.

They gave Watson 40, Tunsil they way overpaid. Over 20 million.   Hopkins at over 20, that would be about 80 million for 3 guys.

That’s the problem with giving a QB $40m if he’s not a superstar. Im not crapping on Watson as much as others - I think he is real good at times but not great. 

Its one of the reasons I want to see Sam go. After the 2021 season gonna have to pay him a boatload without knowing what he really is.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Is the most overrated player in the league by a wide margin. 

Change my mind.

0-4

"You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells

Wouldn't be surprised if Bill O'Brien is gone at their Bye Week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's almost like having the best WR in the league helps young QBs.

That's no excuse.  Sam Darnold has had plenty to work with.  He just needs to "throw them open" in the elaborate route concepts that Adam Gase has designed.

Murderer's Row right here...

631973997_ScreenShot2020-10-04at2_29_47PM.png.06abeecbd4839e18ae4fb3075670d15c.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

So Watson sucks after 4 bad games but jury still out on Darnold after 29 almost all bad games.

#JNLogic

I think the question is why is Watson regressing?  Why was he so good early in his career but now he's doing worse?  If 4 games into 2020 has been enough to know the Jets suck then it's enough to say that perhaps Watson was a product of a great supporting cast?

I'd argue the Jury is out on both of them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's almost like having the best WR in the league helps young QBs.

But but but WRs dOnT mAtTeR!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Because Watson should be able to raise the guys around him.  That's what franchise QBs do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think the question is why is Watson regressing?  Why was he so good early in his career but now he's doing worse?  If 4 games into 2020 has been enough to know the Jets suck then it's enough to say that perhaps Watson was a products of a great supporting cast?

I'd argue the Jury is out on both of them.

There are no great QBs that are products of their supporting cast. They are either great, or they are not. Great QBs don't become turds at midnight because their WR #1 leaves town. If we can wait for 29 games to evaluate on Darnold, perhaps we should give Watson more than 4 before throwing dirt on him.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But but but WRs dOnT mAtTeR!!!!

The surest sign of holding a terrible argument is having to laughably mischaracterize the opposing side to have a chance.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

So Watson sucks after 4 bad games but jury still out on Darnold after 29 almost all bad games.

#JNLogic

Fwiw I don't think Watson sucks. His dropoff without Hopkins does shine a spotlight on the difference real weapons can make though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

The surest sign of holding a terrible argument is having to laughably mischaracterize the opposing side to have a chance.

mischaracterize?

agree to disagree 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fwiw I don't think Watson sucks. His dropoff without Hopkins does shine a spotlight on the difference real weapons can make though.

Of course they make a difference. They just don't make the difference between league-worst and FQB.

• Like 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

mischaracterize?

agree to disagree 

Lol you can't disagree with the fact that you are stating my (and others like me) position incorrectly. You can make whatever opinion you want, but you can't make ours. :) 

Bill O'Brien has been the most overrated person in the NFL for at least 5 years.

Watson is good and has proved it but it also shows what you get when you give a guy no help. 

Pt almost any of the QBs in this league on the jets and they would look like shi*

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Lol you can't disagree with the fact that you are stating my (and others like me) position incorrectly.

I absolutely can and do!

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Of course they make a difference. They just don't make the difference between league-worst and FQB.

True. You have to groom QBs though. Part of that is having a good organization around them to help them grow. Watson had a better situation for years. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bill O'Brien has been the most overrated person in the NFL for at least 5 years.

Watson is good and has proved it but it also shows what you get when you give a guy no help. 

Pt almost any of the QBs in this league on the jets and they would look like shi*

Adam Gase is considered the 31st or 32nd best coach in the NFL.  Many people feel that he, also, is being overrated and ranked too high.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I absolutely can and do!

You're going to find arguing against yourself a very lonely experience, then. 

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

In my few times watching whites and I felt he held the ball too long, that’s all I got

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Haven't you heard? Bill O' Brien is a self-made genius. They don't need any weapons because the lethal weapon is his mind. 

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Because Watson should be able to raise the guys around him.  That's what franchise QBs do.

That's why they traded him ?