Deshaun Watson

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because Bill o'brien, like Adam Gase, is so much smarter than you and everyone else. 

What is happening to watson this year is what would have happened to him every year if the Jets had drafted him.

Everyone says we missed on Watson and Mahomes while in reality those guys would have never developed with the Jets supporting cast and coaches. 

Thank you.....

This what people fail to realize!

And I wanted Mahomes drafted...but does anyone think that Bates and Gase have 1/2 the offensive football acumen of Andy Reid? 

Reid adapts and changes all the time, Gase keeps saying "my scheme works anytime" big big difference....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you.....

This what people fail to realize!

And I wanted Mahomes drafted...but does anyone think that Bates and Gase have 1/2 the offensive football acumen of Andy Reid? 

Reid adapts and changes all the time, Gase keeps saying "my scheme works anytime" big big difference....

So basically, you're these guys

Still want to be a cosmonaut. | The big lebowski, Nihilist, Believe

Well call me crazy but I still believe that good players are good to have.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Watson has 110 QB rating each of his past 2 games. He clearly isnt the problem 

Shhh they're playing Excuse Twister to convince themselves they were right about Darnold being the savior. 

Left hand... no weapons!

Right foot... Bowles! No, I mean Gase!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

So basically, you're these guys

Still want to be a cosmonaut. | The big lebowski, Nihilist, Believe

Well call me crazy but I still believe that good players are good to have.

Yea I am certainly those guys if they too believe that  Andy Reid is 1000 X the HC and OC that Gase is!!

You think Gase is as good as Andy Reid than you IMO are going to be waiting a long long time and several lifetimes to prove it......

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Yea I am certainly those guys if they too believe that  Andy Reid is 1000 X the HC and OC that Gase is!!

You think Gase is as good as Andy Reid than you IMO are going to be waiting a long long time and several lifetimes to prove it......

I was referring to your position that drafting good players doesn't matter anyway since they will all suck here.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So Watson sucks after 4 bad games but jury still out on Darnold after 29 almost all bad games.

#JNLogic

Who said he sucks? He's overrated. He was just paid $40 million/year and his team is winless.

He needs to shoulder most of the blame, cause he has to elevate his team - regardless of how bad the coach or the team around him is. Right?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Who said he sucks? He's overrated. He was just paid $40 million/year and his team is winless.

He needs to shoulder most of the blame, cause he has to elevate his team - regardless of how bad the coach or the team around him is. Right?

If you'd agree that Darnold sucks based on that same metric, we can kiss and make up right here, right now.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I was referring to your position that drafting good players doesn't matter anyway since they will all suck here.

Well the coaches we had that Mahomes would have been under would have been Bates and Gase,------ and with these skill position players...yea they wouldn't be good!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Well the coaches we had that Mahomes would have been under would have been Bates and Gase,------ and with these skill position players...yea they wouldn't be good!

Jesus, that's dark man. I mean, I respect it, don't get me wrong. But I thought I was cynical.

20 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

This thread was made after Watson's "bad" game of throwing for 300 yards, 2 scores (should have had a 3rd at the end) and just missed bringing his team back from a 15 point deficit with ten minutes left in the game. 

This was made prior to the failed comback attempt. And since when did "almost" coming back matter?

24 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

This was made prior to the failed comback attempt. And since when did "almost" coming back matter?

I love how we seem so able to analyze other teams' players from one drive while here we are 30 games into the Darnold era still arguing whether we can even begin to draw any conclusions about him.

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Could you imagine if the Jets traded away Darnold's best receiver for almost nothing? How awful would he lo...wait a second...

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

I love how we seem so able to analyze other teams' players from one drive while here we are 30 games into the Darnold era still arguing whether we can even begin to draw any conclusions about him.

I wasn't the one who initially compared the two. The insecurity of others immediately hijacked this thread into a Watson vs. Darnold debate