Deshaun Watson

On 10/4/2020 at 2:28 PM, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Is the most overrated player in the league by a wide margin. 

Change my mind.

I said this last year and I got flamed.  There are more holes in his game than a piece of Swiss cheese.  However, he can improve.  

I was wrong about Josh Allen not being able to improve his game, and he proved me wrong.  Perhaps DW can do the same.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Having you go to bat for the other side of this argument only makes me feel more justified in mine. Tysvm

You feel justified for not knowing anything about the QB position? Cool. Nice to know (joke is on you). 

Let me put this into perspective for you...

Sam Darnold here in 2020 has the dead last and 32nd QB Rating amongst all starting NFL QB's (65.9). 

Deshaun Watson not only has a career completion percentage of 67.0% but he's also ranked 2nd All-Time amongst all QBs who've ever played the position in QB Rating; only behind Aaron Rodgers (102.2). 

But yet you're calling out Watson as one of the most overrated QBs? 

Please don't ever try and ever talk football with me, ever again (because my 9 year old daughter knows more about the QB position than you do). 

Give Watson a Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an A+ Offensive Line and Andy Reid and he'd become better than Mahomes with a higher QB Rating than Aaron Rodgers All-Time and put Patrick Mahomes on a Hopkinsless Texans disaster and Mahomes doesn't put up anywhere near the types of 2020 numbers that Watson's currently putting up; there. I said it. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

As well you should and will continue to be so until you're proven right. Which will be never. Dude is still getting it done without Nuk. In fact, he's trending toward a season with career highs in yards and TDs and his lowest in INTs. He loses the top WR in the NFL and just spreads the ball more to his other targets and improves in the big 3 categories. This is the definition of an elite QB. FQBs make their own weaponz, not the other way around.

Jets fans:  "Darnold needs more weppinzz!"

***Deshaun Watson loses arguably NFL's best WR, still produces at top 10 level, has one bad game***

Also Jets fans:  "Lol he's so overrated ure supposed to make Will Fuller look better"

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans:  "Darnold needs more weppinzz!"

***Deshaun Watson loses arguably NFL's best WR, still produces at top 10 level, has one bad game***

Jets fans:  "Lol he's so overrated ure supposed to make Will Fuller look better"

For a laugh -- go back and read the Nuk thread from earlier this year when he was traded about how O'Brien has a vendetta against Watson who will fail now because of this stupid move

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

For a laugh -- go back and read the Nuk thread from earlier this year when he was traded about how O'Brien has a vendetta against Watson who will fail now because of this stupid move

For all the hand-wringing over Gase "ruining" or "sabotaging" Darnold, no one in NFL history did his QB dirtier than Bill O'Brien did this past offseason.  That trade was an abomination, on the level of the Herschel Walker trade. 

And in that case at least the Vikings had an excuse:  The NFL draft wasn't valued like it is now, not even close.  O'Brien should have known better.  If you're going to trade DeAndre Hopkins, you'd better get something close to three 1st rounders for him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You feel justified for not knowing anything about the QB position? Cool. Nice to know (joke is on you). 

Let me put this into perspective for you...

Sam Darnold here in 2020 has the dead last and 32nd QB Rating amongst all starting NFL QB's (65.9). 

Deshaun Watson not only has a career completion percentage of 67.0% but he's also ranked 2nd All-Time amongst all QBs who've ever played the position in QB Rating; only behind Aaron Rodgers (102.2). 

But yet you're calling out Watson as one of the most overrated QBs? 

Please don't ever try and ever talk football with me, ever again (because my 9 year old daughter knows more about the QB position than you do). 

Give Watson a Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an A+ Offensive Line and Andy Reid and he'd become better than Mahomes with a higher QB Rating than Aaron Rodgers All-Time and put Patrick Mahomes on a Hopkinsless Texans disaster and Mahomes doesn't put up anywhere near the types of 2020 numbers that Watson's currently putting up; there. I said it. 

Your daughter probably knows a lot of pedantic football statistics with you as her father, so I'll take that as a compliment

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I absolutely love Deshaun Watson and he's one of the best young QBs within the game today @ only 25 years of age. 

Career: 26-20 overall, 1,009/1,505 (67.0%), 12,255 passing yards, 89 TD's/34 INT's with a QB Rating of 102.2 (2nd highest All-Time behind only Aaron Rodgers) and is a dual threat too (265 rushes for 1,466 rushing yards (5.5 yards per carry) and 15 rushing TD's). 

2020: 2-7 overall, 205/301 (68.1%), 2,539 passing yards, 18 TD's/5 INT's and a QB Rating of 107.0 (5th behind only Brees/Wilson/Mahomes/Rodgers) and that's while being without DeAndre Hopkins too. 

Houston isn't losing @ 2-7 because of Watson they are losing because of A.) The 28th ranked Defense and B.) A roster that's almost less talented than NYJ and C.) They'd be an 0-16 contender, without an amazing QB in Watson. 

He had two great postseason games last year against Buffalo/KC and it's not his fault that his Houston Defense gave up 51 points to KC's offense (Watson had 2 passing TDs/0 INTs/1 rushing TDs dropped almost 400 yards passing (388) and put up 31 offensive points). 

He's one of my favorites. 

2nd highest QB Rating All-Time. 

Nothing "overrated" about him. 

Quoted myself for truth and just had to bump up this thread after Watson's legendary Thanksgiving Day performance!

17/25 (68.0%), 318 passing yards, 4 TD's/0 INT's, 8 rushing attempts for 24 yards and an almost PERFECT QB Rating of 150.4...

This kid is something special he's absolutely amazing as one of the most underrated Quarterbacks of our generation ala the 2nd highest rated QB Rating of All-Time (only behind Aaron Rodgers). 

What he's done without DeAndre Hopkins has solidified his greatness to me while going 233/338 (68.9%), 2,883 Passing Yards (269 rushing yards off a 5.0 yards per carry average), 20 TD's/5 INT's and a QB Rating of 108.6. 

Texans have a really bad team surrounding him but they've got themselves a true Franchise QB in his prime to build around moving forward. 

Watson was the last QB @ Clemson who Dabo developed @ QB before Trevor Lawrence (who's put up better numbers @ Clemson than Watson did who had an absolute great Clemson career); Trevor Lawrence is a MUST.