End of discussion: Mayfield > Darnold

Bronx

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

You're making the tragic mistake of underestimating Jet fans . NEVER underestimate us ! :bag: 

Unfortunately you are right! :(

I still remember the Yahoos who swore that Chad Pennington was better than Tom Brady because Chad had a better completion percentage......

However, you would think that Jets fans would have a modicum of self respect and realize just how bad the TEAM is right now and not try and make it like Darnold is why guys don't make tackles, miss interceptions, the team is undisciplined, drop TD pass, haves no true Number 1 or Number 2 WRs, are featuring the oldest RB in NFL history, use said old RB on speed roll outs in the end zone, neuters one of the best RB in NFL history in Bell, has on OL that without Becton is still HORRIFIC, and has a HC in Gase who doesn't seem to take blame and acts bizarrely absent a hat on his head.

Yea other than all of that Darnold has indeed played poorly at times but I wonder who folks think could come in here and turn all that around by their lonesome. 

Answer = NO ONE!!!!!

Indeed, I am watching the Buccaneers and their defense which is led by Todd Bowles, which has far better players than the Jets, getting torched right now and while the Bucs are actually scoring points I see them doing so with players 1000 times better than the Jets players. Also with all that I see Tom Brady miss throws too.  You man QBs do that?????

With the big difference for TB is that the players Brady has are big time players who are imposing their will.....

So yea its all the same.....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

If Mayfield comes here and Darnold goes to the Browns, I suppose you will have your chance

What a nice little fence you've built around your argument so you can never be proven wrong. Sounds like you're confident!

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Since I wanted Mayfield drafted by the Jets I don't know what you are talking about......

Doesn't matter what we wanted 3 years ago. Mature people change their opinion as they gather additional data.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Doesn't matter what we wanted 3 years ago. Mature people change their opinion as they gather additional data.

What are your talking about??

I just said I waned MAYFIELD!

Are you just typing things out without a modicum of thought so you can be RIGHT!

Don't you get it....I am now saying we have to wait to see if that decision by me was fair by making sure that Darnold has NFL quality guys to throw to??

Good Grief!

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What are your talking about??

I just said I waned MAYFIELD!

Are you just typing things out without a modicum of thought so you can be RIGHT!

Don't you get it....I am now saying we have to wait to see if that decision by me was fair by making sure that Darnold has NFL quality guys to throw to??

Good Grief!

My position is we have enough evidence to know--not think, not be uncertain--that Darnold does not have "it."

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

What a nice little fence you've built around your argument so you can never be proven wrong. Sounds like you're confident!

You said Darnold would be bad but ever so slightly better on the Browns and Mayfield would be better here cause he's better than Darnold.

How the f*ck else would this be definitively proven outside of the scenario I said?

5 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

You said Darnold would be bad but ever so slightly better on the Browns and Mayfield would be better here cause he's better than Darnold.

How the f*ck else would this be definitively proven outside of the scenario I said?

My good sir. Longer reply incoming. Go get a beer.

In the early Spring, when icy waters flow from snowy hills,

and the crumbling soil loosens in a westerly breeze,

then I’d first have my oxen groaning over the driven plough,

and the blade gleaming, polished by the furrow.

The field that’s twice felt sun, and twice felt frost,

answers to the eager farmer’s prayer:

from it boundless harvest bursts the barns.

But before our iron ploughshare slices the untried levels,

let’s first know the winds, and the varying mood of the sky,

and note our native fields, and the qualities of the place,

and what each region grows and what it rejects.

Here, wheat, there, vines, flourish more happily:

trees elsewhere, and grasses, shoot up unasked for.

See how Tmolus sends us saffron fragrance,

India, ivory, the gentle Sabeans, their incense,

while the naked Chalybes send iron, Pontus rank

beaver-oil, Epirus the glories of her mares from Elis.

Nature has necessarily imposed these rules, eternal laws,

on certain places, since ancient times, when Deucalion

hurled stones out into the empty world,

from which a tough race of men was born.

Come: and let your strong oxen turn the earth’s rich soil,

right away, in the first months of the year,

and let the clods lie for dusty summer to bake them in full sun:

but if the earth has not been fertile it’s enough to lift it

in shallow furrows, beneath Arcturus: in the first case

so that the weeds don’t harm the rich crops, in the other,

so what little moisture there is doesn’t leave the barren sand on Draft Day 2021

Are we done now with these threads?!

17 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Ah, ok. Here goes. The thread title is about comparing Baker to Darnold. That is what we are are debating. I believe Baker is better than Darnold. The consequences of that belief are that Baker would do better than any situation Darnold is in (because he's better). I'll also concede that Browns have better talent but because Darnold is not a FQB, his performance improvement would be marginal or at best incremental. That is dicta, not germane to the actual discussion occurring herein. A "bonus opinion," if you will.

But you, my good man, are focusing on the trees and losing sight of the forest. There are plenty--hundreds?--of ways to debate and then measure the actual crux of the debate: is Baker better than Darnold? And we don't have to depend on hypothetical universes or Freaky Friday body switches to do that. 

A proposal: Pick any traditional measure of QB success and propose it. Career Pro bowls? QBR? Playoff games? And you can mark me down for the Baker side.

I'll even spot you that Baker already won rookie of the year, and say from here on out they start even Steven. If I were you, I'd demand odds for backing Darnold.