Christopher Johnson Sucks...

On 10/19/2020 at 10:51 AM, Philc1 said:

Again you can pretend like Woody’s process to buy the jets didn’t take several years but it did.  During that time he had meetings with everyone including the head coach to be Belichick 

Several years?  Hess died that spring, he wasn't looking to sell.  

Belichick left because of Parcells.  Parcells not letting him know he was stepping down and he didn't want Parcells over his shoulder.  That's why he left, the other reason is a lie and done in order to hurt the team he hates.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Several years?  Hess did that spring, he wasn't looking to sell.  

Belichick left because of Parcells.  Parcells not letting him know he was stepping down and he didn't want Parcells over his shoulder.  That's why he left, the other reason is a lie and dinner in order to hurt the team he hates.

Are you Woody or Chrissy?

On 10/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, jetophile said:

He also inherited a boatload of money and bought an NFL team that tripled in value, but if he had any real business sense, he'd just sit back and earn his compound interest and stay the hell out of the rest of it. He knows nothing about football. Zip. Zero. He's an albatross around his own neck and he still hasn't figured that out yet. 

Smart people hire people other who have acumen in a given area where they have none. The only thing Woody the Rube - who got in bed with the Maras to his own detriment - ever reeled in is other suckers, and he's even losing that battle now, COVID or no. He's a fckng idiot. It's not a character flaw to not only admit that you're not well-versed in a particular discipline, it's human and entrepreneurial with the right insight. Woody Johnson and his idiot brother will earn untold billions of dollars into perpetuity doing absolutely nothing but do nothing but harm the brand and the fanbase because they insist on inserting themselves in other areas besides cutting checks. 

Al Davis Lite. 

There is a salary cap in football, it's not about having the most money.

We had the longest stretch of success in Jets history under Woody and he did it in the Brady era.

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, SAR I said:

Gase can't be evaluated until he has weapons and gets a shot after drafting his own quarterback.

SAR I

We'll see if he ever gets that chance.  

I dont see him getting another HC gig so I wouldn't count on it.

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I see you've finally met nyjunc?  lol.

No, no, I know him from another board going back 16 years. Out there, somewhere, he argues with himself in an empty room, alone.

He never bothered me, to be honest. There's something to be said for holding on tenaciously to thin air, no matter how much you pinwheel in space.

The problem is that he will find something to argue about, something, anything, that is so niggling and inconsequential that he winds up  carpet-bombing an entire conversation that was full of relevant discussion. Even if he's "right", you're past giving a s hit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetophile said:

No, no, I know him from another board going back 16 years. Out there, somewhere, he argues with himself in an empty room, alone.

He never bothered me, to be honest. There's something to be said for holding on tenaciously to thin air, no matter how much you pinwheel in space.

The problem is that he will find something to argue about, something, anything, that is so niggling and inconsequential that he winds up  carpet-bombing an entire conversation that was full of relevant discussion. Even if he's "right", you're past giving a s hit.

Jetsfan80 is one of our last knowledgeable posters here.

Instead of attacking me how about just attacking my argument?  Show me where I'm wrong? If you provide info to back your opinion up it will help me learn more.  The problem is the facts are on my side and no one can counter what I'm writing.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, nyjunc said:

There is a salary cap in football, it's not about having the most money.

We had the longest stretch of success in Jets history under Woody and he did it in the Brady era.

Preach it, Brother NYJU.

The Jets problem isn't ownership.  It's bad quarterbacks.  Look at the Dolphins before and after Marino.  Look at the Colts before and after Manning.  Look at the Patriots before and after Brady.  It ain't rocket science.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Instead of attacking me how about just attacking my argument?  Show me where I'm wrong? If you provide info to back your opinion up it will help me learn more.  The problem is the facts are on my side and no one can counter what I'm writing.

See, what you did here is what a personal attack looks like.

I'm struggling to find the post above it where you were personally attacked him or jeto. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Right now it’s 50/50 Gase gets fired Black Monday

and I’m being optimistic 

No, you're being wrong.

The only thing that gets Gase fired is if the locker room implodes and if it was going to happen it would have already.  Social media is just a click away.  Manishleaks is just a phone call away.  That silence you hear is a locker room under control, focused and professional, just like its head coach.

The Jets are a rebuilding project with a decades-long neglected roster that has 28 players on 1-year contracts and 9 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next two drafts.  What's on the hot seat here isn't Gase, it's all the players.  As it should be.  They, with few exceptions, suck.  The team is going to look completely different next year.  The front office, nope.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm struggling to find the post above it where you were personally attacked him or jeto. 

No worries.  I take no offense to anything Mr. Dunning-Kruger wishes to say about me.  

He even mistyped "least"!  

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, you're being wrong.

The only thing that gets Gase fired is if the locker room implodes and if it was going to happen it would have already.  Social media is just a click away.  Manishleaks is just a phone call away.  That silence you hear is a locker room under control, focused and professional, just like its head coach.

The Jets are a rebuilding project with a decades-long neglected roster that has 28 players on 1-year contracts and 9 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next two drafts.  What's on the hot seat here isn't Gase, it's all the players.  As it should be.  They, with few exceptions, suck.  The team is going to look completely different next year.  The front office, nope.

SAR I

I want whatever sh t you and nyjunc are smoking

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Woody and CJ both are awful but CJ takes the cake and it’s not even close.

I’ll let you in on a secret: Woody is still making all the decisions 

Chris Johnson is like the character Alan from the Hangover movies.  They gave him a pretend job of “interim owner of the New York Jets” meanwhile Woody is still running the organization into the ground via phone, email and MS Teams.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

That clown always goes after me, never agree what I write.  Even his reply to your post is an attack.  I'm tired of this fool

On 10/27/2020 at 2:54 PM, SAR I said:

Preach it, Brother NYJU.

The Jets problem isn't ownership.  It's bad quarterbacks.  Look at the Dolphins before and after Marino.  Look at the Colts before and after Manning.  Look at the Patriots before and after Brady.  It ain't rocket science.

SAR I

I think it's Chris Johnson.  The Jets need Woody back. Woody was far from perfect but he was always trying to win.  We need Chris as far away from this team as possible- maybe he can be moved to the PSL sales department?

On 10/27/2020 at 2:46 PM, nyjunc said:

I'll put it to you this way. It's an old Jewish proverb of sorts. If 7 out of 10 people at a Bar Mitzvah tell you you're drunk you should sit down. You always dredge up that people are "attacking" you after you resort to the same trolling behavior over and over. Don't say it hasn't gotten you shown the door somewhere else because you know that's a lie.

It doesn't matter if somebody proves you wrong, you still find a way to shove something in there to say you were right about all of it. Basically what you did was talk about the salary cap to deflect the FACT that the Johnsons suck balls and should stop meddling because they know absolutely nothing about football. According to you, cumulative mediocrity parading as something else is somehow not mediocrity.

So here's a fact for you about Leon Hess. It was in his Will that the team be sold upon his death, and all of his children and heirs were barred from taking over the team or their inheritance would be reduced by 25%. That's what factually happened, but there were rumors circulating when his health began to go downhill that he had been considering selling prior to kicking the pail. Rumors. That's it.

So as to your other facts, if you're satisfied with how this organization has been run since Hess died then you'd probably be better served defending something else, like the Alamo.

9 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I'll put it to you this way. It's an old Jewish proverb of sorts. If 7 out of 10 people at a Bar Mitzvah tell you you're drunk you should sit down. You always dredge up that people are "attacking" you after you resort to the same trolling behavior over and over. Don't say it hasn't gotten you shown the door somewhere else because you know that's a lie.

It doesn't matter if somebody proves you wrong, you still find a way to shove something in there to say you were right about all of it. Basically what you did was talk about the salary cap to deflect the FACT that the Johnsons suck balls and should stop meddling because they know absolutely nothing about football. According to you, cumulative mediocrity parading as something else is somehow not mediocrity.

So here's a fact for you about Leon Hess. It was in his Will that the team be sold upon his death, and all of his children and heirs were barred from taking over the team or their inheritance would be reduced by 25%. That's what factually happened, but there were rumors circulating when his health began to go downhill that he had been considering selling prior to kicking the pail. Rumors. That's it.

So as to your other facts, if you're satisfied with how this organization has been run since Hess died then you'd probably be better served defending something else, like the Alamo.

I don't care if 10 out 10 tell me I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I'm wrong.  When people tell me I'm wrong and cannot show me that should tell you something

Woody's 17 seasons vs the other 44 Jets seasons.

Playoff appearances:

Woody 6

Other 8

Playoff wins:

Woody 6

Other 6

AFC east titles(1970-)

Woody 1

Other 1(34 years as it was just since the merger)

Woody's title came during the most difficult time to win one.  The ONLY non Brady AFC East title in the Brady era.

AFC Championship Games(1970-)

Woody 2

Other 2

Consecutive losing seasons:

Woody ZERO

Others: 7

1962-1965, 1970-1971, 1975-1977, 1983-1984, 1989-1990, 1994-1996, 2017-current

Winning seasons:

Woody 9

Others 10

Sorry that you don't like facts but please keep insulting me. It really helps your argument

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think it's Chris Johnson.  The Jets need Woody back. Woody was far from perfect but he was always trying to win.  We need Chris as far away from this team as possible- maybe he can be moved to the PSL sales department?

In an effort to be totally transparent here, these are 5 words I never, ever thought I would read on this site.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't care if 10 out 10 tell me I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I'm wrong.  When people tell me I'm wrong and cannot show me that should tell you something

Woody's 17 seasons vs the other 44 Jets seasons.

Playoff appearances:

Woody 6

Other 8

Playoff wins:

Woody 6

Other 6

AFC east titles(1970-)

Woody 1

Other 1(34 years as it was just since the merger)

Woody's title came during the most difficult time to win one.  The ONLY non Brady AFC East title in the Brady era.

AFC Championship Games(1970-)

Woody 2

Other 2

Consecutive losing seasons:

Woody ZERO

Others: 7

1962-1965, 1970-1971, 1975-1977, 1983-1984, 1989-1990, 1994-1996, 2017-current

Winning seasons:

Woody 9

Others 10

Sorry that you don't like facts but please keep insulting me. It really helps your argument

Did you hear me say that the Jets don't have a history of ineptness? The point I'm trying to make is that the Johnsons are mediocre owners at best and the culture really has not changed.

My other point is that if everybody keeps recognizing the same pattern then it's you not them. Remember the Alamo!

• Upvote 1