The 0-4 Club

GreekJet

9 hours ago, Dinamite said:

While it is between Jets, Giants and maybe Atlanta, Jags and Detroit could still make a run for the #1 pick.  It is a long season.  The other issue is that the Jets lose pretty much every tiebreaker due to strength of schedule.

Detroit could fire Patricia before season's end, and that can occasionally "light a fire" to get a team a win.

Jags won't fire Marrone in a rebuilding year, so have to hope they pick up another win somewhere.

Atlanta should win a few against poorer offenses ... if not see "Detroit" above about Dan Quinn getting fired.

Giants ... NFC East is a mess, can see one or two cheap wins.

What about Washington? Could they maybe split with NYG?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

I'd say the Giants are in the worst situation as long as Gettleman is still there. He's their Macc. I have faith in JD, BOB is terrible but there are some pieces in HOU. They're much better than either NY team.

As far as this season, worst to best...

1. Jets

2. Giants

3. Texans

I do not understand the blind faith in Joe Douglas in this fan base.

Reminds me of everyone anointing Darnold and getting mad when you pointed out bad he was.

14 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think Houston would be fine if they could find a #1 receiver somewhere...those are tough to find in the NFL though

They had the best receiver in the league and their idiot coach/GM traded him to the Cardinals for a bag of footballs.

I know it's debatable, but, IMHO, the Jets have the worst accumulation of talent in the league., even if they had no injuries. This is a result of years of bad drafts and other personnel decisions. It will take at lest 3 years to build up the talent base to a competitive level, if not longer.

• Upvote 2

The G-Men aren't anywhere near as bad as the Jets.  Yesterday's game was watchable, decent football.  Also, the Giants, Washington and Eagles play one another so there will be some wins in there.  Houston plays Jacksonville (twice) and Detroit, so that should work out for the Jets benefit.  The Jags play the Lions as well.

Of course, the Jets probably have the clearest path to the #1 pick but they likely shoot themselves in the foot and win some meaningless games.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

The G-Men aren't anywhere near as bad as the Jets.  Yesterday's game was watchable, decent football.  Also, the Giants, Washington and Eagles play one another so there will be some wins in there.  Houston plays Jacksonville (twice) and Detroit, so that should work out for the Jets benefit.  The Jags play the Lions as well.

Of course, the Jets probably have the clearest path to the #1 pick but they likely shoot themselves in the foot and win some meaningless games.

They just lost to a worse SF team by a larger margin than us on the same field a week apart.  How are the Giants better than us?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Icer said:

Just hope that Gettleman doesn't get fired. There's no way he admits his mistake and takes Lawrence. Would bet my ass he reaches for Jamarr Chase at #1

He would probably trade down for more picks.  But he might be under a lot of pressure from ownership to take the "Golden Boy" franchise savior in Lawrence.   In the modern NFL, just because a quarterback is drafted in the top ten doesn't make them safe any more.  Just ask Josh Rosen.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I agree with you.  The NFC East is a freaking mess.  The Jets have to play NE, Miami (much improved) twice and the Bills again.  That is easily 5 more losses right there.  Add the out of division games and this was going to be a tough season anyway.  It doesn't really get any easier the rest of the way.   Although some figured we would be 4 and 0 at this point... Sorry I couldn't resist ??

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The Texans aren't the worst team in the league but they are in by far the worst situation.

The Jets traded away any potential immediate success to improve the future. The Texans traded away the future for immediate success. 

honestly how can you reconcile the moves Houston has made?  they picked up a LT but then got rid of top WR?  i don't understand.

let's see.  you look at this list and immediately see that 3 of the 5 bottom teams have good qb's whether or not he be watson or matty ice or wentz.  yet those teams are still winless.  and of the next five, the cowgirls and the lions have good qb's (herbert looked good but he's still a rookie and he needs more games before judgement).  and 3 of the bottom head coaches have seen the playoffs recently and two of them went to the superbowl.  so what gives?  these guys didn't get bad overnight but it does speak volumes about how teams are built and what it takes to maintain those teams.  i'm sure most people would take peterson or quinn or maybe even obrien over gase without too much thought.

18 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The Texans aren't the worst team in the league but they are in by far the worst situation.

The Jets traded away any potential immediate success to improve the future. The Texans traded away the future for immediate success. 

The Jets didn't trade any potential success. They traded a box safety, which would have made zero difference this year. Less than zero difference, if that were mathematically possible.

• Upvote 2

I don’t want to burst your bubbles but teams that are competing with us for the #1 pick do not have AS MANY PLAYERS coming back from injury to battle for 12 games. 
The Jets still could in fact get back Perriman, Mims, Bell, Davis & also MAYBE eventually have their entire Oline in tact for the 2nd half of the season. So, we could see a 3/4 win season. And unfortunately that puts us probably in the top 5 but out of Trevor contention. 

18 hours ago, GreekJet said:

New York Jets

Houston Texans 

NY Giants 

Giants are playing hard and the NY media will award them with a  moral victory and talk about how good Daniel Jones looks. 

Except Jones didn't look good and with the game in his sights he shlt the bed with a pick.

There was no moral victory. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2020 at 6:58 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Falcons most likely will be 0-4 too.

It'll be between the Jets & the Giants for the #1 pick, either team would take Lawrence.

Don’t sleep on Denver to compete with us for top honors. 

I am hoping the Giants having to play against Dallas, Wash and Phil twice a piece plus Cinncy....they gotta find 3 or 4 wins in there no?

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So you’re saying the Giants would give up on Daniel Jones after just 2 seasons?

Come on now. Everyone knows you need 3-4 seasons to evaluate a QB, and even then should probably give him a $30M per extension, just to stay on the safe side.

Tanny is that you?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I do not understand the blind faith in Joe Douglas in this fan base.

Reminds me of everyone anointing Darnold and getting mad when you pointed out bad he was.

I wouldn't say it's blind faith. JD got two first rounders for a malcontent that everyone knew was outta here anyway. And he selected a stud at an impact position for his first pick in his first draft as "the man." Even if he keels over tomorrow, he's already the best Jets GM since... since... a long time.

It is not conclusive evidence, I will grant you that, but there is enough there to justify cautious optimism.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I know it's debatable, but, IMHO, the Jets have the worst accumulation of talent in the league., even if they had no injuries. This is a result of years of bad drafts and other personnel decisions. It will take at lest 3 years to build up the talent base to a competitive level, if not longer.

there is good reason we have ranked 25 and below in roster strength each of the last4 years...

JN bitches and moans that the rest ofthe world cant se how secretly good our players are

"how will they defend us when we have Bell,Ty montgomery ,enunwa androbbyand herndon???!!! "

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jets have the tiebreaker though with the head to head loss.

Unfortunately that’s not true. Strength of schedule is the draft order tie breaker. Team with the worse SOS wins. With the Jets playing an AFC East that will win a bunch of games plus the likes of Seattle and KC - we likely won’t win tiebreaker against anyone 

As much as people like to keep saying it, there's no way the Jets go winless.

We'll win at least 2 games. Probably a split against Miami, and maybe the Raiders if I had to guess. Miami because we always play them tough, plus we play them before and after the bye week so it's back to back games. And I'm gonna guess the Raiders because we always play well against West coast teams traveling East for 1pm games.

Giants are going to be neck and neck with us all season, so better hope they can find a way to squeak out at least 3 wins

• Upvote 1