The 0-4 Club

GreekJet

So I’ve been doing some schedule analysis.

I think the real contenders here are the Jets, Giants, Redskins, and Broncos.

Falcons are 0-4 but they’ve had a really tough schedule (Seahawks 4-0, Packers 4-0, Bears 3-1 and blew one vs. the Cowboys.) They have a soft stretch coming up with home games against the Panthers, Lions and Broncos.

Same with the Texans – they’re 0-4 but have had to play the Chiefs 4-0, Ravens 3-1, Steelers 3-0 then just lost to the Vikings. They’ll bounce back and win a few.

The other four teams are legit terrible and have pretty tough schedules. Jets have Cardinals, @ Chargers, then a brutal stretch of Bills, @ Chiefs, and Pats. Miami at home is the only game we even have a chance to be favored in.

Giants have a huge stretch of division games before their BYE which will probably determine where they finish before a hard final few games. Same with the Redskins. Their two head to head games are big.

I’m glad the Broncos beat us because they don’t have many winnable games left either, but I guess that kind depends on how the Chargers and Raiders shake out. Miami at home is their softest remaining game.

I just don't see how we're not the favorite here, barring some miraculous turnaround.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So I’ve been doing some schedule analysis.

I think the real contenders here are the Jets, Giants, Redskins, and Broncos.

Falcons are 0-4 but they’ve had a really tough schedule (Seahawks 4-0, Packers 4-0, Bears 3-1 and blew one vs. the Cowboys.) They have a soft stretch coming up with home games against the Panthers, Lions and Broncos.

Same with the Texans – they’re 0-4 but have had to play the Chiefs 4-0, Ravens 3-1, Steelers 3-0 then just lost to the Vikings. They’ll bounce back and win a few.

The other four teams are legit terrible and have pretty tough schedules. Jets have Cardinals, @ Chargers, then a brutal stretch of Bills, @ Chiefs, and Pats. Miami at home is the only game we even have a chance to be favored in.

Giants have a huge stretch of division games before their BYE which will probably determine where they finish before a hard final few games. Same with the Redskins. Their two head to head games are big.

I’m glad the Broncos beat us because they don’t have many winnable games left either, but I guess that kind depends on how the Chargers and Raiders shake out. Miami at home is their softest remaining game.

I just don't see how we're not the favorite here, barring some miraculous turnaround.

Because we're the Jets, we'll always find a way to screw the pooch lol.

I do agree with your analysis. However in regards to Denver, they (like us) have a ton of injuries they've had to deal with. Especially losing Drew Lock, who's shown a lot of promise for Denver. When he and the other injured players they come back, the Broncos maybe have enough firepower to squeak out some extra wins.

I'd argue that Detroit and Jacksonville should be listed as dark horses too

Given NYG’s division I can see them squeaking out a couple of wins. JAX / DEN will be bad but like 3 win bad. 

ATL has a much more manageable schedule coming ahead and too much talent to at least not win a few games.

HOUSTON should win some games this year with O’Brien out, but not that many to be honest.

The big question is, do we see ourselves winning 1 or more games? I don’t...I think 0-16 / 1-15 is a legitimate possibility. 

In the end I see the records as 

NYJ: 1-15

NYG : 2-14

JAX / DEN : 3-13 

HOUSTON/ATL : 4-12 range

It’ll be close, but the combination of a brutal schedule, a terrible roster, & a coach no one wants to play for...we SHOULD be ending with the 1st pick...if we don’t Jet it up and win meaningless games at the end of the year.

10 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

According to NFL.com we are #1 for the 1st pick. We have the lowest sos of the 4 non winning teams

Is that lowest SOS to date or projected lowest SOS, factoring in our remaining opponents?  Because if they're trying to argue the latter, that's just going to be false.  We have the following remaining teams on our schedule:

• Cardinals (2-2)
  • Chargers (1-3)
  • Bills (4-0)
  • Chiefs (4-0)
  • Patriots (2-2)
  • Dolphins (1-3)
  • Dolphins (1-3)
  • Raiders (2-2)
  • Seahawks (4-0)
  • Rams (3-1)
  • Browns (3-1)
  • Patriots (2-2)

Combined record:  29-19 (.604)

There's 0 chance we finish up the season with one of the easier SOS's.  It's going to be one of the top 10/top 5 toughest schedules by SOS, and we'll likely lose any tiebreaker scenario.

Compare ours to the Giants' full schedule:

• Steelers (3-0)
  • Bears (3-1)
  • 49ers (2-2)
  • Rams (3-1)
  • Cowboys (1-3)
  • Washington (1-3)
  • Eagles (1-2-1)
  • Buccaneers (3-1)
  • Washington (1-3)
  • Eagles (1-2-1)
  • Bengals (1-2-1)
  • Seahawks (4-0)
  • Cardinals (2-2)
  • Browns (3-1)
  • Ravens (3-1)
  • Cowboys (1-3)

Total record:  33-30 (.524).

Not even close.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is that lowest SOS to date or projected lowest SOS, factoring in our remaining opponents?  Because if they're trying to argue the latter, that's just going to be false.  We have the following remaining teams on our schedule:

• Cardinals (2-2)
  • Chargers (1-3)
  • Bills (4-0)
  • Chiefs (4-0)
  • Patriots (2-2)
  • Dolphins (1-3)
  • Dolphins (1-3)
  • Raiders (2-2)
  • Seahawks (4-0)
  • Rams (3-1)
  • Browns (3-1)
  • Patriots (2-2)

There's 0 chance we finish up the season with one of the easier SOS's.  It's going to be one of the top 10/top 5 toughest schedules by SOS.

Yeah, I'm sure whatever he's looking at is on current opponent W/L (i.e. 1-3 Broncos are one of four teams counted) rather than full season W/L. If you go to tankathon we're clearly behind the Giants and Falcons currently with season long SOS.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Cardinals (2-2)
  • Chargers (1-3)
  • Bills (4-0)
  • Chiefs (4-0)
  • Patriots (2-2)
  • Dolphins (1-3)
  • Dolphins (1-3)
  • Raiders (2-2)
  • Seahawks (4-0)
  • Rams (3-1)
  • Browns (3-1)
  • Patriots (2-2)

There's 0 chance we finish up the season with one of the easier SOS's.  It's going to be one of the top 10/top 5 toughest schedules by SOS, and we'll likely lose any tiebreaker scenario.

Compare ours to the Giants' full schedule:

• Steelers (3-0)
  • Bears (3-1)
  • 49ers (2-2)
  • Rams (3-1)
  • Cowboys (1-3)
  • Washington (1-3)
  • Eagles (1-2-1)
  • Buccaneers (3-1)
  • Washington (1-3)
  • Eagles (1-2-1)
  • Bengals (1-2-1)
  • Seahawks (4-0)
  • Cardinals (2-2)
  • Browns (3-1)
  • Ravens (3-1)
  • Cowboys (1-3)

Total record:  33-30 (.524).

Not even close.

This is as of today

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I don't think there is any argument that the Jets are the worst team in the NFL by a significant margin, but we all know the drill here.  They will somehow find a way to win a few meaningless games and remove themselves from lottery pick contention.  

Worst case scenario - Flacco will win a game when Darnold is out and set off a full blown QB controversy, and our imbecilic HC will ride him like a pack mule to a few more wins, not only completely destroying the tiny crumb of confidence Darnold has left, but also convincing his imbecilic owner to spare his job.  

Go full Jets.

Flacco wins a game and sets off a QB controversy. Flacco has a couple bad games and Darnold is back. He struggles to prove he deserves the starting role and after a string of losses wins a game but injures himself for the rest of the season. Flacco is back in hoping to put together tape to fight for a starting job somewhere and wins a couple meaningless games at the end of the season. We're 4-12 and draft an ILB in the first round. 

Just now, Maxman said:

No. Need a bigger name to be the head coach.

He will be the offensive coordinator though. Apparently anyone can do that job.

True.  Our OC splits time his time getting Gase coffee, doing standup specials on Netflix, and making appearances for King of Queens reunions.  

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is going to be fun here when the new coach and Joe Douglas decide Sam is no the problem and they trade the Trevor Lawrence pick.

The Jets passing on Trevor Lawrence would be the Jetsiest move of all time.

and I like Sam and genuinely think he still has the chance to develop into a good QB.