Watching the Bills is depressing

23 minutes ago, Hael said:

The bills basically started their rebuild in 2017 by shedding a lot of their old contracts.  They had some pieces in place already but they’ve basically nailed their last few drafts and FA hauls.  So yea, basically two years of cap discipline, development and some pain, and the third and fourth can open up to FA pieces.

Which is hysterically ironic given that Kevin is crying about Joe Douglas doing this exact thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allen is just better than Darnold. It’s hard to admit but it’s true. 

Agreed. If the Jets drafted Allen and the Bills had Darnold...... things would be exactly the same... Allen would blow-  and Darnold would be thriving in Buffalo. Worst organization in all of professi

Shows you it does not take years for a rebuild. Put some weapons around a talented QB and address some weaknesses in your roster. why are the jets just so inept 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Haha, remember when people were calling him a “running back” a month ago?

yikes lol 

If Jet fans applied half the skepticism for the Jets as they do for other teams, they'd be a lot better for it.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Bills rebuild was years and when they drafted Allen there was already a really strong structure in place. They took the QB last then went big in free agency/trades

When they drafted Allen they hadn’t been to the playoffs in 20 years 

It all started with REX.  When REX got to Buffalo ....  oh wait. 😂

Even the Bills realized he was a buffoon and i would add he slowed their rebuild.  YET we have fans who think he was great.

We need a football coach.  a football GM.   Our owners won’t have it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Hael said:

The bills basically started their rebuild in 2017 by shedding a lot of their old contracts.  They had some pieces in place already but they’ve basically nailed their last few drafts and FA hauls.  So yea, basically two years of cap discipline, development and some pain, and the third and fourth can open up to FA pieces.

That’s where the Jets screwed up royally.  They were at a cross roads in 2017 they choose to wait till 2018 to address the QB.  The real problem wasn’t only passing on Mahomes and Watson but drafting defense with your first 2 picks in 2017.  They knew they were gonna ride a young buck eventually but had zero plan when it came to properly surrounding the future QB with anything.

• Upvote 3
36 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Agreed. If the Jets drafted Allen and the Bills had Darnold...... things would be exactly the same... Allen would blow-  and Darnold would be thriving in Buffalo. Worst organization in all of professional sports 

Allen has fantastic physical attributes but was incredibly raw coming out of Wyoming.  He could barely complete 50% of his passes against Div III opponents.

He is put in the right environment with talent added around him and excellent coaches he actually looks like the next John Elway right now.  No jealousy on my part, good for Allen and good on Bills new ownership for knowing how to build a team that was a bottom feeder for so long.

But turn things around, put Allen on the Jets with the two sub 100 IQ silver spoon dweeb owners, troglodyte Stumblebum Maccagnan “building” the Jet roster, the 2 worst head coaches in the NFL over the last century in Bowles and Gase....and he’s a broken QB, just like Darnold, might not even get a second contract and for sure would not be completing even 50% of his passes for the Jets.

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It all started with REX.  When REX got to Buffalo ....  oh wait. 😂

Even the Bills realized he was a buffoon and i would add he slowed their rebuild.  YET we have fans who think he was great.

We need a football coach.  a football GM.   Our owners won’t have it. 

Failing quickly is a skill the Johnsons do not possess (among others).

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

When they drafted Allen they hadn’t been to the playoffs in 20 years 

That would be wrong Kevin.  They went to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor right before they drafted Allen, during the 2017-2018 season.

• Upvote 2

Buffalo did everything correctly even when they were on a downward spiral. They made decisions that benefited there organization over the years. Esp. Coaching n Personal to compete with the Pats. Its paying off big time. Jets will get there I trust JD.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The Bills rebuild was years and when they drafted Allen there was already a really strong structure in place. They took the QB last then went big in free agency/trades

People forget we made the playoffs right before getting Allen.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

This right here is exactly the truth. Most people just aren't ready to admit it yet. His accuracy is pretty much no longer A problem. He might miss A throw here and there but this kid is a big boy, he can run, he can throw the bawl out of the stadium and hes just a winner.. Hes a competitor A doesn't make a lot of mistakes.. He's better than Sam all around and it's not even debatable anymore. 

He can just flip his wrist & throw it 35 yards on a rope standing on his back foot. 
Watch Sams throws from his back foot. 
Jets missed again! 

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

He is- to be clear.. this is not about sticking up for him.... Sam perhaps would still suck if he were in Buffalo.. But I’m absolutely 100% sure if the Jets had Allen they would still be a 100% complete embarrassment.

No doubt about it. Allen was INCREDIBLY raw when he was drafted. The ONLY reason he is where he is is because of coaching. He wasn't the guy that came out of college "pro-ready".... He was by far the biggest "project" QB, although talent-wise, he had the biggest upside. 

Allen would not have succeeded in NY (Darnold), or Arizona (Rosen) or even in Cleveland (Mayfield), for that matter. The only places he would have succeeded were Buffalo or Baltimore. He would have been a train wreck anywhere else with as raw, wild, and reckless as he was.

• Upvote 1

They are loaded on both sides of the ball.  As complete of a team as there is in the NFL.  Allen looks awesome.  Totally different player this year.  One of the biggest jumps I’ve ever seen.  Good for those ****ers.  

• Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

Allen would not have succeeded in NY (Darnold), or Arizona (Rosen) or even in Cleveland (Mayfield), for that matter. The only places he would have succeeded were Buffalo or Baltimore. He would have been a train wreck anywhere else with as raw, wild, and reckless as he was.

I'm not sure that is as true as people make it out to be. Allen is a gamer. The guy fought and clawed at each level to get recognized and when he was, all he did was improve and impress. He's one of those guys that would lose an arm if it meant he could win a Superbowl. He's simply willed the Bills to some wins (most 4th quarter comebacks in the league). He attacks his flaws. He said last season the deep ball would not be a problem anymore and he he looks to have fixed it. His footwork looks to be much improved and guys like Jordan Palmer talk about how coachable he is that he's not one of those guys that shows up during the day, does what you tell them, but then as soon as you're not there goes back to his old way of doing it. He desperately wants to be better and he soaks it up. It's not a surprise that he and Jackson look like the two best QB in that draft. They're both the biggest gamers. 

Sam didn't have a chance with this organization, but pretending that Allen doesn't seem way more driven than Sam is doesn't seem accurate either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

There’s a bit of discounting going on here and there regarding Allen’s own impact on his personal development.

Yes, he’s been the beneficiary of great coaching, but coaching is only useful up to the point that the player wants to put in the work to get better. Allen has improved each year because he’s competitive as f*** and doesn’t want to lose, and doesn’t want to be outworked. case in point: his deep ball has dramatically improved since last year. He makes better decisions on deep throws, and is more accurate on the deep throws he chooses to make. His coaching has remained pretty much the same year-over-year. His improvement is largely about his recognition of an area that needed work, and then putting in the hard f***ing work to go out and improve.

People rag on him for his boneheaded plays, but those plays are a direct reflection of how much Allen “wants it” (his words). He goes hard on the field because it matters to him, alot; do you think that kind of ethic doesn’t translate to how he approaches practice and reps as well??? His teammates see it, and they’ve expressed their desire to go hard for him, because they know he’s ALWAYS going to go hard for them (their words). 

Allen’s shown that fire since Day 1. He still holds a legit grudge against Fresno State for not giving the local kid a chance. Guys don’t go from Fresno State rejects to NFL MVP talk simply because of “coaching”. Allen’s competitive fire and drive to be the best he can be has been instrumental in his continued, year-over-year development. Does Darnold show that fire? Isn’t that at least little important in quarterback evaluation?

Bills are just doing what they always do-  beating the weaklings on their schedule.  

Wake me when they beat a team that ends the year with a winning record.  In the Allen/McDermott era they can only beat the Titans with a quarterback not named Tannehill.  

If the Bills want to earn respect they have to beat some real teams.  

SAR I

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bills are just doing what they always do-  beating the weaklings on their schedule.  

Wake me when they beat a team that ends the year with a winning record.  In the Allen/McDermott era they can only beat the Titans with a quarterback not named Tannehill.  

SAR I

Glad to see your delusion knows no bounds 

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

It is now. Didn’t have to be that way. The bills did everything to support the young QB.

Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen don't panic and make plays.  Sam gets anxious, doesn't see open receivers and suffers from ghosts in the headlights syndrome. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Allen has fantastic physical attributes but was incredibly raw coming out of Wyoming.  He could barely complete 50% of his passes against Div III opponents.

He is put in the right environment with talent added around him and excellent coaches he actually looks like the next John Elway right now.  No jealousy on my part, good for Allen and good on Bills new ownership for knowing how to build a team that was a bottom feeder for so long.

But turn things around, put Allen on the Jets with the two sub 100 IQ silver spoon dweeb owners, troglodyte Stumblebum Maccagnan “building” the Jet roster, the 2 worst head coaches in the NFL over the last century in Bowles and Gase....and he’s a broken QB, just like Darnold, might not even get a second contract and for sure would not be completing even 50% of his passes for the Jets.

A+ post for the use of trogdolyte, hahaha. Oh, look, it's one of my favorite movies!

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Shows you it does not take years for a rebuild. Put some weapons around a talented QB and address some weaknesses in your roster.

why are the jets just so inept 

I am enjoying watching the Bills because Brian Daboll will be coaching the Jets next year.

Think of the photo opps with Daboll and Douglas. Twins.

Report: Brian Daboll expected to interview for Browns job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the Allen/McDermott era they can only beat the Titans with a quarterback not named Tannehill.  

SAR I

Idk how many times I have to correct you on this, but it is not true.

They beat the Vikings in 2018

The only thing that Allen had to do in order to become a more deadly QB than Sam, was improved accuracy. And that he has. This kid is legit. 

Because he came in already much bigger, stronger (Roethlisberger like), much stronger of a cannon for an arm, way more athleticism as a dual threat QB who can actually fly when running downhill and oh yeah. His arm strength is top 5 it's an absolute cannon. And just the threat of him running makes his play action way more dangerous than Sam too. His down field passing attack is something Sam has never had within his physical traits either. 

He's in a better situation with Buffalo but pound for pound he's just a more talented physical QB than Sam Darnold. 

I wanted Sam so bad coming out. I didn't believe in Allen or his accuracy but I've been proven wrong Josh Allen is an animal out there. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed.

VERY early hot take: A lot of people like Pitt, but I think the Bills might have the best shot at the Chiefs 

I mean if the Bills defense can get back to form definitely.

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I mean kind of they had the HC and GM before getting their QB but the OL and WR rooms were god awful Allen's first year I don't know if any of them are starting anywhere and most are out of the league.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

why are the jets just so inept 

Q: Despite all the GMs and HCs that got fired, QBs that busted, and FAs that signed not to play but only as a money grab, what's the common denominator in this messy equation? 

A: Woody Johnson

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

They beat the rams. And Seattle struggles with the dolphins. But your just saying they are beating the teams they are suppose to beat 

• Haha 1

Funny thing is that before this season i viewed the bills as a “likeable” ascending team. This year with Diggs and now Norman playing for them, they seem like dicks and are not at all likeable. Don’t get me wrong both are excellent players, but both are very arrogant and annoying. You know, the types of guys you root against. And the rest of the Bills seem like they’ve caught the douche cooties.