Can we talk about our 2019 Offensive Lineman?

RSJ

I'd probably not play very well either if I were entering the season as the starting center and right before the season got replaced by a dinosaur coming out of retirement and watching him play garbage football half the year or if I were a guard replacing the guy they publicly shamed for not playing through an injury

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Players need good coaching and good conditioning.  

The Jets’ OL problem has become another injury problem.

I think JD did his job to improve the Jets line this year.  GVR should have been a backup-Winters did not beat him out, Clark got hurt, and McDermott played ok at LT.   It is going to take another year to make this line good.

Glasgow would not play here, and Thuney was franchised after we called him.  Conklin is no bargain in Cleveland.  

I am more disappointed by Robbie than the OL.  

4 hours ago, ncjetman said:

i agree with replacing center with high draft pick next year - there’s a reason ( being more obvious) each week why denver didn’t pay mcgovern

A great example of why you can't trust free agency to build the bulk of your roster.  Jack Conklin has been hurt (and underwhelming when he DOES play) in Cleveland.  

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This organization is toxic. 

Playing well here is one of the toughest things to do in all of professional sports.

Agreed. That and it seems like our training staff went from being able to take in often injured players from other teams and make them seem somewhat durable for a year or two to having an uncontrollable amount of injuries.

What in the actual hell happened with that?

• Upvote 1

So if you start a thread based on a false premise it is crucial to ignore all evidence to the contrary, less you look foolish.

What? PFF is fake news. They cant possible grade because they dont know the play call and the responsibility of the lineman on said call. They are all playing on teams with winning records. None are being laughed at by their fanbase. And all are playing at or above the level of out current line. With the exception of Becton who is currently injured. Huge shock there. Also compare their grades to last years grades with the Jets. Wouldnt that be a more fair analysis?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

What? PFF is fake news. They cant possible grade because they dont know the play call and the responsibility of the lineman on said call. They are all playing on teams with winning records. None are being laughed at by their fanbase. And all are playing at or above the level of out current line. With the exception of Becton who is currently injured. Huge shock there. Also compare their grades to last years grades with the Jets. Wouldnt that be a more fair analysis?

Becton is better than Beachum.

Fant has let up less sacks than Shell.

KO has 4 penalties on the season. 

Me thinks you’re giving the wrong players the credit that belongs to Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes.

Perhaps we need a new O line coach?
Also, they all might be good enough to contribute simply because they are now on an O line with better linemen around them?

Yeah definitely possible. It also could be the WB play. I am not saying what the issue is because idk. But its interesting that at the very least they are outperforming their Jets self.