Chris Johnson: PLEASE Hire Brian Daboll

Ghost

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I am absolutely jealous yet obsessed with the Bills’ offense. I’m totally in love with their offense and their play caller. The way he has worked, improved, and completely elevated Josh Allen’s game is spectacular to me. Allen’s pass coverage has increased year by year. The play calling and the design of his offense constantly has offensive players in space playing to their strengths.

Daboll was around for the Pats’ Super Bowls as a defensive assistant and a wide receivers coach. He was our QB coach in 2007 and 2008 while Favre was in town. However, he has completely elevated Allen’s game since coming in the league while our offensive ‘guru’ has done the complete opposite. This is a man that will bring an identity to this town. 

Please hire this man! 

EAE5E0AB-713A-4B89-8C06-D8FF1FF3B346.jpeg

This is one case where hiring from a division opponent will make the Jets better and them worse. Right now this is my pick, the Bills offense is exciting. They use motion, what a concept.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I am absolutely jealous yet obsessed with the Bills’ offense. I’m totally in love with their offense and their play caller. The way he has worked, improved, and completely elevated Josh Allen’s game is spectacular to me. Allen’s pass coverage has increased year by year. The play calling and the design of his offense constantly has offensive players in space playing to their strengths.

Daboll was around for the Pats’ Super Bowls as a defensive assistant and a wide receivers coach. He was our QB coach in 2007 and 2008 while Favre was in town. However, he has completely elevated Allen’s game since coming in the league while our offensive ‘guru’ has done the complete opposite. This is a man that will bring an identity to this town. 

Please hire this man! 

EAE5E0AB-713A-4B89-8C06-D8FF1FF3B346.jpeg

He even looks like JD. 

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

As much as I’d love Daboll as our coach, I seriously doubt he comes here, after him seeing what kind of owner(s) Woody Johnson and little baby sister Chrissy are. 

As a memory refresher: Daboll saw first hand what happened to The Mangina in 2008. Mangina wanted no part of Old Man Favre, yet was forced upon him and told his job was safe regardless the outcome.

Favre’s biceps scissored themselves into oblivion, right along with the Jets playoff bid and Mangina’s career.

Daboll the then QB coach of NYJ, (who also learned under known Jet murderer Bill Belichick) I’m sure wants nothing to do with this Dolan-NFL squad....unless he has some sort of respect/belief in Joe Douglas and likes Lawrence or Fields.

Money talks

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He’s the assistant that I would want the most.

Why the hell everyone is so in love with a guy like Bienemy is beyond me. Dude has been given probably 15 interviews over the last few years and was never even considered a finalist for a HC opening. And the next time I see Andy Reid without a play call sheet in his hands will be a first. He runs that KC offense from top to bottom. 

Here ya go

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Daboll 1A. Roman 1B. 

Monken 2A. Arthur Smith 2B.

Or Dabo + Trevor combo would be interesting, even though I think Swinney is just waiting for Saban to retire and take over ‘Bama.

Are you hearing any rumblings?

So who is number 20 on the list....that is our next head coach.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

I have a feeling that they are seriously considering Dowell Loggains . He is where football is going.

This is such a scary thought.....therefore it will probably happen...you should be banned for the mere suggestion....even if you were kidding.

I would bet large amounts of money that the next coach for the Jets will be Bienemy.   With all of this social justice stuff going on there will be a TON of pressure to hire black head coaches during this hiring cycle.   You also will have Woody Johnson tying to attone for his alleged racist comments he made in the UK.    This is a forgone conclusion, Bienemy will be the coach.

• Upvote 1

Daboll is the guy I want, if we go the co-ordinator route.  He has done a terrific job with Josh Allen and that Bills' O.

Roman would be a good backup option, but Daboll is my preferred choice. Bieniemy worries me a little - he has been the "hot" name for a couple of years, but has never landed an HC job - that is a bit of a concern.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Daboll is the guy I want, if we go the co-ordinator route.  He has done a terrific job with Josh Allen and that Bills' O.

Roman would be a good backup option, but Daboll is my preferred choice. Bieniemy worries me a little - he has been the "hot" name for a couple of years, but has never landed an HC job - that is a bit of a concern.

Bieneimy has had a number of the off the field "incidents" which hasn't helped him.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I would bet large amounts of money that the next coach for the Jets will be Bienemy.   With all of this social justice stuff going on there will be a TON of pressure to hire black head coaches during this hiring cycle.   You also will have Woody Johnson tying to attone for his alleged racist comments he made in the UK.    This is a forgone conclusion, Bienemy will be the coach.

Exactly my feelings too. The pressure will be enormous. 

52 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’ve thought about this as well, and it’s definitely something to watch and consider. But this is such a critical time for this team. It’s rock bottom. They really need to hire whoever is the best candidate and by the looks of things, Joe Douglas is doing things his way and will strip this roster and coaching staff down to nothing until he fills each spot with people he wants.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve thought about this as well, and it’s definitely something to watch and consider. But this is such a critical time for this team. It’s rock bottom. They really need to hire whoever is the best candidate and by the looks of things, Joe Douglas is doing things his way and will strip this roster and coaching staff down to nothing until he fills each spot with people he wants.

Unless something changes with the current power structure, JD doesn’t fire or hire the head coach, the Johnsons do.  The Johnsons are the ones who are going to be extorted by Goodell to hire  Bienemy.  JD may not have any say at all.   

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Unless something changes with the current power structure, JD doesn’t fire or hire the head coach, the Johnsons do.  The Johnsons are the ones who are going to be extorted by Goodell to hire  Bienemy.  JD may not have any say at all.   

No chance . Woody has had 2 black HC's since he's owned the Jets. The majority of the other NFL teams have not had one. This will never happen.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

In which case we remain f**ked.

If Chris Johnson hasn't learned, based on the last decade's results, that he needs to step the hell away from the big decisions, there's no hope.  

Fans always want coordinators because they think coaching is sorcery. Daboll and Bienemy both can obviously coach. Like Gase can. Nobody has any idea if either of them can be the chief operating officer of a distressed organization. Like Gase can't and Bowles couldn't and Rex couldn't and Mangini couldn't.

It's going to be somebody who has done it from the ground up before or somebody from Douglas's time in Baltimore.

7 hours ago, pajet said:

no....lets go after a failed head coach that happened to work with Peyton Manning....oh wait..

As you can deduct from my profile pic, I wish nothing more than to rid ourselves from that man, but I don't believe it would have to be such a polarized choice as you put it. As a team, the Jets have suffered tremendously by the rather long list of rookie head coaches.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

As you can deduct from my profile pic, I wish nothing more than to rid ourselves from that man, but I don't believe it would have to be such a polarized choice as you put it. As a team, the Jets have suffered tremendously by the rather long list of rookie head coaches.

Just being snarky after several beers and many years of frustration.   Guess my point was there are good coaches to be found regardless of whether They are rookies or experienced. Everyone pretty much new cj picked a loser with gase.   I was hoping for the best but have gotten about what I expected....well worse.   The problem with the jets is they are like Charlie Brown on Halloween......I got a rock. 

• Upvote 1